Texas Hunting Forum

Pulsar's StreamVision and i phone

Posted By: red stick

Pulsar's StreamVision and i phone - 03/23/19 02:41 AM

Anyone else having a problem getting SV to work on an i phone? Pulsar doesn't seem to have a fix. Android phones seem to be ok. Maybe Pulsar should issue a warning that if you buy one of their thermals SV may not work on certain phones.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Pulsar's StreamVision and i phone - 03/23/19 08:55 AM

I tried it on an older Gen3 iPad. There was a huge delay in the video and the video would freeze a lot.
I picked up a Amazon Fire HD 10 for $99 (HSN sale). Loaded the Google App Store on it, then loaded StreamVision from the Google App store. Works great, especially having a 10" screen for that price. And still have my phone available for messaging my buddy in another blind. Used it tonight while pig hunting. There's a shelf above the window.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MDMORROW

Re: Pulsar's StreamVision and i phone - 03/23/19 01:01 PM

Some iphones and firmware versions don't seem to work well. Try turning off cellular data. That usually helps alot.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Pulsar's StreamVision and i phone - 03/23/19 07:41 PM

FIre HD 8 (with ads in screen saver) is on sale right now for $50 on Amazon if you want to go that route.
Posted By: KK30RAR

Re: Pulsar's StreamVision and i phone - 03/24/19 01:46 AM

I called pulsar a year ago they told me iPhone and iPad the audio will not work they had to develop a new app which they still have not done. Other than audio I’ve had no other issues stream vision
Posted By: red stick

Re: Pulsar's StreamVision and i phone - 03/24/19 08:24 PM

Thanks for the replies. I'm putting out feelers for my son in law to try and figure this out. He thought it might be his phone so he got a new i phone but it didn't work either. He will try the Fire HD8 and see if that works.
Posted By: KK30RAR

Re: Pulsar's StreamVision and i phone - 03/27/19 04:17 PM

Pulsar did a app update now you can message your videos with sound
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum