Texas Hunting Forum

Burris Forever Warranty

Posted By: JimBridger

Burris Forever Warranty - 01/11/19 06:14 PM

I bought a pair of Burris 8X42 Fullfield 2 binoculars in 2008. They worked great until one of the extendible eye cups fell off in the middle of December 2018.
I contacted Burris Customer Service and was instructed to sent them in for repair or replacement. They provided a printed mailing address and authorization but I had to pay the shipping which ran around $11.00.
Yesterday UPS delivered a brand new pair of Burris Droptine 8X42 binoculars. I like them even better than the Fullfield 2’s. Extremely clear lenses, slimmer profile and fully rubber coated.
The complete turn around time was just three weeks.
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Burris Forever Warranty - 01/11/19 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Pappybear
I bought a pair of Burris 8X42 Fullfield 2 binoculars in 2008. They worked great until one of the extendible eye cups fell off in the middle of December 2018.
I contacted Burris Customer Service and was instructed to sent them in for repair or replacement. They provided a printed mailing address and authorization but I had to pay the shipping which ran around $11.00.
Yesterday UPS delivered a brand new pair of Burris Droptine 8X42 binoculars. I like them even better than the Fullfield 2’s. Extremely clear lenses, slimmer profile and fully rubber coated.

I had the same thing happen with a pair of Leupold's binos, but I liked the ones they sent me considerably less, I called and wrote trying to recover the ones I sent in, but they were already lost. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Burris Forever Warranty - 01/11/19 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by BenBob

I had the same thing happen with a pair of Leupold's binos, but I liked the ones they sent me considerably less, I called and wrote trying to recover the ones I sent in, but they were already lost. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Same thing happened to my brother on a pair of Leupold binos he sent in. The replacement was obviously of less quality than the ones he sent in, but the model he had was discontinued.
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Burris Forever Warranty - 01/11/19 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy
Originally Posted by BenBob

Same thing happened to my brother on a pair of Leupold binos he sent in. The replacement was obviously of less quality than the ones he sent in, but the model he had was discontinued.

The ones I liked was the WindRiver model and they were discontinued also. The ones I got were the Rogue Model. I ended up buying another pair of WindRivers on Ebay.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Burris Forever Warranty - 01/11/19 08:18 PM

Same model as my brothers as well. I always felt they were pretty good, the rogue are ok, but not near as nice. They weigh 1/2 as much probably.

Re: Burris Forever Warranty - 01/11/19 09:37 PM

10 years ago I spent $199.00 for the Fullfield 2’s on sale at Cabelas. The Droptines are currently listed for $249.00.
The price of Optics hasn’t changed much in that time. The quality sometimes changes, good and bad but I think I got an even trade.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Burris Forever Warranty - 01/12/19 01:15 AM

I have to send my Burris binos in soon for the eyecup issue as well. Im going to try to get them repaired rather than replaced because they were a birthday present from my Dad. Will see how it goes.

Re: Burris Forever Warranty - 01/12/19 01:45 AM

Give them a call. The tech I spoke to said they keep a bone yard of warranty returns and will repair if they have suitable parts for the older models.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum