Texas Hunting Forum

Any body REALLY use these?/

Posted By: Buzzsaw

Any body REALLY use these?/ - 12/17/18 01:39 PM

Christmas tree reticle???

just tacticool???

https://www.gunsamerica.com/l/DB636126-A0E1-44E5-A643-AB117BF9CCEC/x3BCo/20181217_BlogDigest_308.htm
Posted By: dee

Re: Any body REALLY use these?/ - 12/17/18 02:03 PM

They are really really good for the money. A large step up in glass quality over the older xrs scopes.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Any body REALLY use these?/ - 12/17/18 03:16 PM

When Bushnell introduced the ERS 3.5-21X with G-2 reticle, I got one for review, via Charles. It has been excellent. No kidding, I put the glass clarity on par with the Nightforce ATACR. The G-2 reticle is really well thought out, and I do use it, when needed. Hunting out to 400 yards, and in certain scenarios during rifle matches. Making pure holds is for the sake of speed. And there are shots on animals, and stages in matches where speed is needed. The G-2 is very good at it. The fastest I have ever ran my range from 200, to 800 yards, hitting every hundred yards, has been with the Bushnell G-2. 7 distances in 50 seconds. Of course I have the DOPE memorized, but I give credit more to the reticle than myself.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Any body REALLY use these?/ - 12/17/18 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

If I was shooting PRS matches or prairie dog towns, I wouldn't be without one. Having shot with Jason I've seen how much sense they make. With the odd exception of a very calm week in Colorado, everywhere I've ever hunted has been windy on more days than not. As you add in distance, even a mild breeze can move a bullet far enough to ruin a hunt.

The ability to use a specific aiming point on small/distant targets greatly increases your odds.
Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

Re: Any body REALLY use these?/ - 12/17/18 10:42 PM

I don't dial at all in rimfire matches. I use pure holds for elevation and wind on every stage. I'd be at a big disadvantage if I couldn't hold on an exact line or dot on my reticle when holding for windage and elevation at the same time.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Any body REALLY use these?/ - 12/18/18 01:23 AM

Got one in fde for sale in the for sale section confused2

Good scope though. Lots of mils for adjusting. My preference is using reticle for as many things as I can. I think I there is less of a chance of reticle getting out of alignment without me noticing than the turrets getting off
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum