Texas Hunting Forum

Vortex Crossfire II 3-12x56 Scope new in the box

Posted By: redog

Vortex Crossfire II 3-12x56 Scope new in the box - 12/04/18 05:43 PM

I bought a Vortex Crossfire II 3-12x56 Scope new in the box off Ebay. I was building a .243 and didnt take it out of the box right away..Then i removes it an mounted it. Then i notice that no where on the scope it said the word Vortex and looking at the ebay pic the glass was a different color..also i found on the scope Made in China as i though Vortex was made in USA....Has anyone heard or seen this before??
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Vortex Crossfire II 3-12x56 Scope new in the box - 12/04/18 06:35 PM

Vortex = Philippines and China. To my knowledge they have never been made in the USA
Posted By: booradley

Re: Vortex Crossfire II 3-12x56 Scope new in the box - 12/07/18 11:13 AM

Some of the Razors are now assembled in the U.S.
Posted By: BigDad

Re: Vortex Crossfire II 3-12x56 Scope new in the box - 12/07/18 04:46 PM

I think the scope should say Vortex on it somewhere. Sounds like you may have been ripped off. If its not a Vortex report to ebay and file a claim with Paypal.
Posted By: BigDad

Re: Vortex Crossfire II 3-12x56 Scope new in the box - 12/07/18 04:53 PM

Here's a pic from Vortex's website, it clearly says Vortex on the eyepiece and has the Vortex symbol on the scope caps.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Vortex Crossfire II 3-12x56 Scope new in the box - 12/07/18 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by redog
I bought a Vortex Crossfire II 3-12x56 Scope new in the box off Ebay. I was building a .243 and didnt take it out of the box right away..Then i removes it an mounted it. Then i notice that no where on the scope it said the word Vortex and looking at the ebay pic the glass was a different color..also i found on the scope Made in China as i though Vortex was made in USA....Has anyone heard or seen this before??

Post a pic of what you recieved.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Vortex Crossfire II 3-12x56 Scope new in the box - 12/08/18 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by redog

Have you priced the few brands of scopes that can legitimately print MADE IN USA on them?
Posted By: redog

Re: Vortex Crossfire II 3-12x56 Scope new in the box - 12/09/18 03:18 AM

My scope is just like the one picture above except the glass is pink not green. Has Vortex symbols but only say crossfire II ...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum