Texas Hunting Forum

Binocular harness recommendations

Posted By: shschofield

Binocular harness recommendations - 11/07/18 03:12 AM

Im going on my first bow hunt friday. Ive filmed many working in outdoor television, but have only rifle hunted myself. Im looking to get a binocular harness that will keep them easily accessible on my chest and will be able to stretch when I glass, but will then keep them tight to my body and out of the way of the string. Any recommendations?
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Binocular harness recommendations - 11/07/18 03:30 AM

Rick Young harness.
Posted By: Theringworm

Re: Binocular harness recommendations - 11/07/18 03:32 AM

This will likely get moved to the hunting gear section but to answer your question...... in my opinion there are only two to consider.

Alaska Guide Creations
Kuiu

Both are top notch. The Alaska Guide has a little more accessories and ability to accessorize than the Kuiu one but I like a simple design so I went with Kuiu. You cant go wrong with either one though.
Posted By: duckhunter175

Re: Binocular harness recommendations - 11/08/18 10:06 PM

Marsupial Gear-- small business, made in the US, much slimmer profile than the AGC. I know guys do bowhunt with the AGC but it is a really large profile design and limits workspace compared to the other. The Marsupial is much more user friendly than Kuiu as well and has better features. Marsupial makes a great system that you can add your rangefinder and GPS pouches. They also have a great quick release system to get your binos off your chest an onto your tripod

I wouldn't trust my Swaro's to anything else!!
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Binocular harness recommendations - 11/09/18 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by duckhunter175
Marsupial Gear-- small business, made in the US, much slimmer profile than the AGC. I know guys do bowhunt with the AGC but it is a really large profile design and limits workspace compared to the other. The Marsupial is much more user friendly than Kuiu as well and has better features. Marsupial makes a great system that you can add your rangefinder and GPS pouches. They also have a great quick release system to get your binos off your chest an onto your tripod

Nice !!! what size did you get?
Posted By: Kevon600

Re: Binocular harness recommendations - 11/09/18 03:18 AM

I got small and it holds my razor hd binos perfect. Best system I have ever used for binos and rangefinder
Posted By: cmorsch

Re: Binocular harness recommendations - 11/09/18 03:38 AM

I went from a typical elastic strap chest harness to the Alaska Guide Creations kodiak cub max. It fits either my Swarovski EL's or my Vortex Vipers depending on if I let a relative use it. I wish I had made the switch earlier as I can keep everything I really need in it. Range finder, Garmin Inreach, Knives, Flashlight, License, Kestrel, and wind checker.
Posted By: duckhunter175

Re: Binocular harness recommendations - 11/09/18 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Originally Posted by duckhunter175

Nice !!! what size did you get?

Buzz- I'm running with small on EL 10x42s, I have a small radio pouch (for my Garmin GPS64csx) and the rangefinder pouch. They go on either side of the bino harness and it keeps the profile slim- I have a compass, wind checker, my license, diaphragm calls etc in the bino harness as well. I generally bowhunt from the ground spot and stalk so space on my chest is at a premium and it doesn't get out of the way at all.
Posted By: bphillips

Re: Binocular harness recommendations - 11/10/18 11:49 PM

Outdoor Vision makes the best overall system to me. The only one that could be better is Alaska Guide Creations but its like a backpack on your chest.
Posted By: scottfromdallas

Re: Binocular harness recommendations - 11/11/18 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jgraider
Rick Young harness.

I agree. It's cheap and incredibly simple to adjust. It can can easily adapted different positions. It's one of those things that is so simple, you wish you thought of it.
Posted By: el_cazador713

Re: Binocular harness recommendations - 11/11/18 03:04 PM

Great info on this thread
Posted By: Crews

Re: Binocular harness recommendations - 11/14/18 02:52 PM

I use these:
Bungee Elastic Harness

It's cheap, low profile, and effective.
Posted By: AdanV

Re: Binocular harness recommendations - 11/21/18 07:35 PM

I bought these.
https://www.amazon.com/Think-Ergo-B...4&keywords=binocular+harness+hunting

They're okay, but I don't expect them to last a long time if I'm walking through thick brush.
Posted By: RedRaider13

Re: Binocular harness recommendations - 11/23/18 06:06 AM

Take a look at FHF Gear

I have a harness from FHF high quality and American made.
Posted By: RANGERRONG

Re: Binocular harness recommendations - 11/25/18 03:25 PM

go with FHF Gear you will be happy .
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum