Texas Hunting Forum

Nightforce

Posted By: Bradgrace

Nightforce - 10/11/18 09:10 PM

Looking to buy the 5x20x56 nightforce shv. Looks like everywhere is map price. Does anybody ever run deals or know of the best place to buy nightforce products?
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Nightforce - 10/11/18 09:17 PM

Correct. Nighforce has a set price on their scopes for retailers and such.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Nightforce - 10/11/18 09:49 PM

Lots of guys selling them on Sniper's Hide as well as the Rifle Scope Trader page on Facebook. I'd look around if you are okay with used and want a deal.
Posted By: scottfromdallas

Re: Nightforce - 10/11/18 11:14 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
Lots of guys selling them on Sniper's Hide as well as the Rifle Scope Trader page on Facebook. I'd look around if you are okay with used and want a deal.

I wonder why they are selling them if they are so great.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Nightforce - 10/12/18 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: scottfromdallas

Gear chasers.

There are guys that cannot wait to get the newest thing released. They get it, maybe mount it on a rifle, shoot it little to none, and are off to the next new thing.

And then there are those of us waiting on the sidelines to take advantage of their "used" scope prices.

Schmitt & Bender PMII
Nightforce ATACR
Steiner
Kahles
SS
Burris
Vortex
Bushnell

^^top teir line of every manufacturer can be had "used".
Posted By: cmorsch

Re: Nightforce - 10/12/18 02:29 AM

I would definitely keep an eye out at several other sites for used Nightforce. Ive been seeing some 5.5-22x50 NXS show up recently for $1300ish. I just added a 2.5-10x42 nxs to my collection that I picked up used to go along with my ATACR.
Posted By: SR025

Re: Nightforce - 10/12/18 02:44 AM

Brownells sells Nightforce and often has 10% off coupons

Re: Nightforce - 10/12/18 03:43 AM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG

Gear chasers.

There are guys that cannot wait to get the newest thing released. They get it, maybe mount it on a rifle, shoot it little to none, and are off to the next new thing.

And then there are those of us waiting on the sidelines to take advantage of their "used" scope prices.

Schmitt & Bender PMII
Nightforce ATACR
Steiner
Kahles
SS
Burris
Vortex
Bushnell

^^top teir line of every manufacturer can be had "used".

You are right on about gear chasers.
Posted By: wall8053

Re: Nightforce - 10/12/18 07:36 AM

For a deal, used or direct from Nightforce with Mil/Leo credentials
Posted By: Skylar Mac

Re: Nightforce - 10/12/18 04:39 PM

I see this a lot. There are always new products coming out and all too often, you will see someone buy one rifle, buy a scope, change their mind on it and learn they will get more if they sell it on their own, rather than trade it in.

I get it, I don't do this exercise with a high frequency as others, but I get it.

Re: Nightforce - 10/12/18 07:56 PM

I'm not sure where you go from NightForce. Schmidt & Bender?

Re: Nightforce - 10/12/18 08:01 PM

And Kahles, and Tangent Theta.

Word is Kahles is Swaro glass, but in a scope that the turrets actually track and return to zero and a useful reticles.

Re: Nightforce - 10/12/18 08:13 PM

Word is Kahles is Swaro glass, but in a scope that the turrets actually track and return to zero and a useful reticles.

Not exactly Jason. Only involvement Swarovski has with Kahles is handling importing and distribution in North America. As far as manufacturing...Kahles and Swarovski both utilize Schott Optical for lenses and the process in which the lenses are prepared and installed is totally different.

Re: Nightforce - 10/12/18 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Skylar@SWFA

Not exactly Jason. Only involvement Swarovski has with Kahles is handling importing and distribution in North America. As far as manufacturing...Kahles and Swarovski both utilize Schott Optical for lenses and the process in which the lenses are prepared and installed is totally different.

Thought I could count on my source. I was told, if Swaro needs glass, they'll borrow from Kahles, and vice versa.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Nightforce - 10/12/18 09:28 PM

Lots of optics companies use Schott glass, including Swaro. Very, very few companies grind, polish, and coat their own. I believe Meopta and S&B are two of the very few.

Re: Nightforce - 10/12/18 09:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Skylar@SWFA

Thought I could count on my source. I was told, if Swaro needs glass, they'll borrow from Kahles, and vice versa.

Maybe from a RAW material stand point. But the way they go about making the sauce is secret.

Re: Nightforce - 10/13/18 12:43 AM

A little off topic but Meopta uses Schott glass as well. Optically they are hard to beat for the price.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Nightforce - 10/17/18 12:55 PM

you see allot of SHV for sale now because the new ones all have exposed turrets now, what everyone wants, not capped.
Dont shy away from the SHV, its just an NXS in a lightweight container. Buy with Confidence.
Posted By: spg

Re: Nightforce - 11/01/18 03:36 AM

US optics would be where you go from Nightforce
Posted By: spg

Re: Nightforce - 11/01/18 04:04 AM

Might want to look at Leupold Mark 5 and Mark 6 scopes, the top end of each are not cheap but are very comparable with NF. I don't have one but set up a rifle with one and it'll probably be my next scope unless US optic has a 50% off sale.
Posted By: jeffbird

Re: Nightforce - 11/01/18 05:08 AM

Originally Posted By: spg

Two out of three USO’s I owned broke. The third was sold while still new in the box. The glass on one was exceptional, but durability and reliability are mandatory requirements.

One of my friends was an Army sniper, ultimately in charge of them for his battalion. He tried a USO and his broke too. His was issued a Luepold, but he purchased and took his own Nightforce on deployments.

Re: Nightforce - 11/01/18 10:56 AM

They are in financial trouble. Probably because of their scopes breaking down so often. U.S. Optics is a down grade from Nightforce.
Posted By: dee

Re: Nightforce - 11/01/18 12:29 PM

They are in financial trouble. Probably because of their scopes breaking down so often. U.S. Optics is a down grade from Nightforce.

I don't know if they are in financial trouble but I they did just switch ownership and relocated to a friendlier state. They had a few growing pains with the new lineup but I haven't heard much bad press lately.

Re: Nightforce - 11/01/18 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By: dee

I don't know if they are in financial trouble but I they did just switch ownership and relocated to a friendlier state. They had a few growing pains with the new lineup but I haven't heard much bad press lately.

We both know the same people that I have had some conversations with. And they are reputable people...
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Nightforce - 11/01/18 03:49 PM

Uh, no! Sorry, but you will not see a USO scope on any of my rifles. I have seen way too many of them take a dump in the middle of a match. Even by sponsored USO shooters. Price point, maybe. But by reliability, no way! Just because something is more expensive, doesn't mean that it is better or equally as good as something else.

Re: Nightforce - 11/01/18 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42

Uh, no! Sorry, but you will not see a USO scope on any of my rifles. I have seen way too many of them take a dump in the middle of a match. Even by sponsored USO shooters. Price point, maybe. But by reliability, no way! Just because something is more expensive, doesn't mean that it is better or equally as good as something else.

I know a PRS shooter that was sponsored by them. He had enough break downs he gave the scopes back, and said thank you anyway.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Nightforce - 11/01/18 04:37 PM

In the last year I've bought used S&B, Nightforce and March all for greatly reduced from new.

Re: Nightforce - 11/02/18 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By: dee

We both know the same people that I have had some conversations with. And they are reputable people...

That's a shame. I was hoping the new remodeling on the scopes would help turn them around.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Nightforce - 11/02/18 02:56 PM

I too was considering US Optics for my 6.5 CM but after discussing with others I opted for the Nightforce ATACR. I had a Leupold MK5 but it had to go back to Leupold for repair right out of the box, got rid of it when it came back.

Re: Nightforce - 11/02/18 03:46 PM

Seems the mk5 had a couple initial problems but seems rock solid now.

You didn't go bad with the atacr. I'm really wanting a 7-35 lately.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Nightforce - 11/02/18 04:46 PM

I know nothing about Night Force stuff. Where does their SHV line fall with Leupold VX5-HD? I'm talking light gathering, clarity, durability........hunting related attributes. Midway USA has one, 3-10x 42 30mm for $850 as I recall.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Nightforce - 11/02/18 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By: onlysmith&wesson
I know nothing about Night Force stuff. Where does their SHV line fall with Leupold VX5-HD? I'm talking light gathering, clarity, durability........hunting related attributes. Midway USA has one, 3-10x 42 30mm for $850 as I recall.

The leupold will probably be a little more clear. Mechanics on NF probably a little better.

Re: Nightforce - 11/02/18 05:24 PM

Cabelas had a 3-10 SHV in their bargain cave. The glass looked pretty good to me but I didn’t like the MOA reticle. Seemed like it would disappear in brushy areas. Now, they are offering it with illumation which is great.

Re: Nightforce - 11/02/18 05:52 PM

Cabelas had a 3-10 SHV in their bargain cave. The glass looked pretty good to me but I didn’t like the MOA reticle. Seemed like it would disappear in brushy areas. Now, they are offering it with illumation which is great.
You can get it with a duplex reticle.

Re: Nightforce - 11/02/18 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law

The leupold will probably be a little more clear. Mechanics on NF probably a little better.

The turrets feel a little soft to me. That's the only thing that has kept me from buying one. Several have told me they track just fine, and return to zero, I just cant get over how they feel. The glass is quite nice!

Re: Nightforce - 11/02/18 06:40 PM

The turrets feel a little soft to me. That's the only thing that has kept me from buying one. Several have told me they track just fine, and return to zero, I just cant get over how they feel. The glass is quite nice!
For me to choose NF over Leupold VX5HD at this price point, it would have to beat it on low light clarity. I wouldn't know, hard to make this determination without a real world side by side comparison. It'd be cool to have about 5-6 different rifles all with different optics on bipods with about 2 minutes of shooting light left.

Re: Nightforce - 11/02/18 06:56 PM

For me to choose NF over Leupold VX5HD at this price point, it would have to beat it on low light clarity. I wouldn't know, hard to make this determination without a real world side by side comparison. It'd be cool to have about 5-6 different rifles all with different optics on bipods with about 2 minutes of shooting light left.

The reason I went with the NF...one scope I can use on a variety of different rifles all the way up to my 50BMG. I can only shoot one at a time. I did not want to own a plethora of scopes.

Re: Nightforce - 11/05/18 02:10 PM

Took my 6.5CM w/ Nightforce ATACR out to the range on Saturday. Gun shot great and scope tracked damn near perfectly. Zero stop was very easy to set up.

Re: Nightforce - 11/06/18 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By: TXGUNNER308
Took my 6.5CM w/ Nightforce ATACR out to the range on Saturday. Gun shot great and scope tracked damn near perfectly. Zero stop was very easy to set up.

I am hoping the NF ATACR is like a Lodge cast iron skillet. You have made a friend for life.
Posted By: cmorsch

Re: Nightforce - 11/07/18 02:17 AM

I am hoping the NF ATACR is like a Lodge cast iron skillet. You have made a friend for life.

I'm right there with you on that one, the only drawback is once you have 1 nice peice of cast iron you want more.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Nightforce - 11/07/18 03:39 AM

I can verify this rig will flat SHOOT !!!!
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Nightforce - 11/07/18 02:30 PM

I have ran a few NF scopes.
Currently have the Actar 5-25 Mil C FFP on my 6.5 Creedmoor, love it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum