Texas Hunting Forum

Will it fit?

Posted By: ju993rnaut

Will it fit? - 09/04/18 08:42 PM

So I'm a fan of the talley one piece scope mounts. I run them on everything. All 40mm otjectives and low talley mounts because I want everything as low as possible.

I have a weatherby vanguard and am wanting to mount a scope with a 44mm objective and want to use low mounts for it aswell. Does anyone have a similar setup using the talley low or medium mounts? If using the low mounts and say a 40mm scope how much space do you have between the scope and barrel? Same question if your running medium height talley mounts and a 44mm scope.

I want to run low talley mounts and 44mm scope.
Posted By: JTS

Re: Will it fit? - 09/04/18 09:27 PM

I just used the tally one piece mounts to mount a 44mm objective lens scope on a Tikka t3 hunter and it had plenty of room. Maybe 3/8" between the objective lens and the barrel. I could have used the extra low.
Posted By: Stratgolfer

Re: Will it fit? - 09/04/18 10:21 PM

First time asking that question heh??
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Will it fit? - 09/07/18 05:00 PM

4mm of additional Ø is .157". 1/2 of that is .078. So if you have more than .078" of clearance on your 40mm, you should be good.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Will it fit? - 09/07/18 05:19 PM

There are a million variables here. Length of scope, eye relief, exactly where you mount it on the rifle to fit you. In generaly, the last post with some math is the most accurate way, but you probably won't know for sure until you mount it up. If you get it on amazon and don't tear up the package, you can return the mount if the scope bottoms out.

Re: Will it fit? - 09/07/18 08:40 PM

For stuff like this, I'm a fan of ordering through whatever big box store is in my city. Easy return to the store if they don't fit, and no shipping if you order ship to store.
If you have a Cabelas, or something similar they may have them. Still, you're talking about a hair over 1/16". Take a look at what you have, you'll make the right call.

Re: Will it fit? - 09/10/18 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: ju993rnaut
So I'm a fan of the talley one piece scope mounts. I run them on everything. All 40mm otjectives and low talley mounts because I want everything as low as possible.

I have a weatherby vanguard and am wanting to mount a scope with a 44mm objective and want to use low mounts for it aswell. Does anyone have a similar setup using the talley low or medium mounts? If using the low mounts and say a 40mm scope how much space do you have between the scope and barrel? Same question if your running medium height talley mounts and a 44mm scope.

I want to run low talley mounts and 44mm scope.
How did it work out?
Posted By: ju993rnaut

Re: Will it fit? - 09/11/18 12:56 AM

I took a gamble and went to a local shop and bought some medium talley mounts. I guess I got lucky, I dont think I could have fit this scope using low mounts.

Re: Will it fit? - 09/11/18 02:15 AM

You're right, would be close and only if you pushed scope forward. That's great how it you have it.

Re: Will it fit? - 09/11/18 12:36 PM

BTW, I do like the mounts/rings. I've never used them, been on Warne mounts and rings. However, that's more fasteners, twice the stack up of tolerances, etc......next go around I'll go with this Talley one piece system.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum