Texas Hunting Forum

Want Thermal Without The Bells and Whistles?... Pulsar Core RXQ30V

Posted By: HansETX

Want Thermal Without The Bells and Whistles?... Pulsar Core RXQ30V - 06/11/18 07:44 PM

One of the biggest requests that I hear is usually from people that want to get into Thermal Night Vision for the first time and want a decent scope without all of the "Bells and Whistles". I've been testing out the Pulsar Core RXQ30V for the past few weeks and at a price point of $1899, it's definitely fits that budget friendly, no frills, kind of scope. Here's the review and the features..

Pulsar Core RXQ30V Review Click Here

Features:

- 384x288 Thermal Image Sensor
- 17 Microns
- 50Hz Refresh Rate
- AMOLED 640x480 Green Tinted Display
- 1.6x Optical Magnification
- Up to 6.4x Digital Zoom
- Picture in Picture Zooming
- White-Hot / Black-Hot Modes
- Multiple Reticle Pattern Options
- One Shot Zeroing
- IPX7 Rating - Fully Waterproof
- Long Battery Life - 2 CR123A Batteries
- Defective Pixel Repair Feature
Posted By: MDMORROW

Re: Want Thermal Without The Bells and Whistles?... Pulsar Core RXQ30V - 06/13/18 08:03 PM

Core & Apex are two inexpensive and easy to use no-frills thermals. Personally I think the apex is the easier to operate because of the roller wheel.
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Want Thermal Without The Bells and Whistles?... Pulsar Core RXQ30V - 06/14/18 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: MDMORROW
Core & Apex are two inexpensive and easy to use no-frills thermals. Personally I think the apex is the easier to operate because of the roller wheel.

ease of use in the field, especially in the dark is something that shouldn't be overlooked..
Posted By: Outdoor Legacy

Re: Want Thermal Without The Bells and Whistles?... Pulsar Core RXQ30V - 06/14/18 02:53 AM

Great review as always Hans, thanks for the hard work.

I agree about the controls Myron but as you know, that extra $600 is more than a lot of people can squeeze into their budget. The Apex image quality is much better compared to the RXQ as well but again, it's over 30% more expensive, so all things considered, the RXQ is a heck of deal.

Jason
Posted By: HansETX

Re: Want Thermal Without The Bells and Whistles?... Pulsar Core RXQ30V - 06/14/18 03:46 AM

Originally Posted By: ccoker
Originally Posted By: MDMORROW

ease of use in the field, especially in the dark is something that shouldn't be overlooked..

Good point. That is very important!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum