Texas Hunting Forum

ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18

Posted By: TXGH

ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/01/18 07:07 PM

Want to see the new ATN X-Sight 4K Pro in person??? Come join me tomorrow at Best of The West Shooting Sports in Liberty Hill Texas! They have ranges up to 1,000 yards!

Range fee must be paid by all visitors and safety waivers signed (16.00).

Shooting will be allowed, but you must provide the ammo.

The ATN X-Sight 4K Pro 5x20 is on a 6.5 Grendel
The ATN X-Sight 4K Pro 3x14 will be on a .223

1pm - 4pm

Event Sign up link.. Facebook
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/01/18 07:20 PM

1pm - 4pm? But isn't one of the features (and the only reason that I would be interested) that it is a night vision sight?

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/01/18 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: unclebubba
1pm - 4pm? But isn't one of the features (and the only reason that I would be interested) that it is a night vision sight?

The range closes at 5pm
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/01/18 10:04 PM

The one person going is ole Joeseh himself

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/01/18 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
The one person going is ole Joeseh himself

Nah I just put up the event. But thanks for the post I would not expect anything less

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/01/18 10:40 PM

Come try out this night time optic in daytime conditions

That’s like testing a windshield wiper when it’s not raining
Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/01/18 10:51 PM

roflmao
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/01/18 11:55 PM

I’m telling ya, there just isn’t that much hype surrounding the Xsight anymore...

Please test the ballistic calculator tomorrow, I’m still spooked by the ATN commercial that shows an inordinate adjustment for a light breeze...

Will you be hunting with the scope any time soon, at night ?

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/01/18 11:58 PM

I was watching a hunting show the other day and they start d talking about ATN. I had to change the channel they all sound like JT when pushing ATN lol.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/02/18 04:30 AM

They don’t want you to see it at night. How would they sell any if they did that? At least this way they have a chance to con people that aren’t aware.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/02/18 01:22 PM

Right. What a joke.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/02/18 02:12 PM

The Titanic was a great ship as long as there were no icebergs in the area.

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/02/18 05:30 PM

Whoop whoop there are now 2 people going and one is JT. With all those loyal followers you would think some would show up to his event.

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/02/18 05:43 PM

Sachal probably flew into town...

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/02/18 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Pig_Popper
Sachal probably flew into town...
Wont be long and he will be asking family and friends to say they are going just to inflate the numbers, thats a key ATN strategy roflmao

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/03/18 03:28 AM

Whoop whoop there are now 2 people going and one is JT. With all those loyal followers you would think some would show up to his event.

The other 42 households haven’t responded yet. Give it time.

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/03/18 03:34 AM

Well how was the “event” ?

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/03/18 03:41 AM

Are you trolling again Snapper? eeks333

JK. I'm trolling you right now.

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/03/18 04:05 AM

Originally Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

No this is a super serious question.

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/03/18 04:14 AM

popcorn

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/03/18 04:28 AM

Originally Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

No this is a super serious question.

You know that rooster at the state fair that predicts football scores? He'll be able to answer your question with more accurate info than profatty.
Posted By: RONIN003

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/03/18 11:27 AM

I curious of what they saw. I was so disappointed with gen 1 (lack of follow through with what they advertised and promised) and with that I could not fathom of getting the Gen2. So now with 3 some years have come and gone I am little curious with how much has improved from Gen 1 to Gen 3 model.

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/04/18 09:35 PM

Crickets thas all I hear

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/04/18 11:38 PM

He’s too busy signing autographs.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/05/18 02:16 AM

He’s probably asking ATN how to write a review that sounds positive on a product that doesn’t live up to its expectations, that is if he’s intelligent enough to recognize that.

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/05/18 05:56 AM

So the event went well. Had about 15 people show up over the 3 hour period plus the good amount that was already there. Before I write some of my findings, I will say the firmware is not the final version that will be released to the public. This is part of our job right now is to report back so ATN can make the release smooth and issue free.

3 second start up time when the power button is pressed.

The video looks really good in day time, no longer a red tint or slightly off color like the video of the X-Sight II in bright conditions.

Ballistic calculator did well out to 250 yards (the farthest I tested it that day). Due to the wind being not consistent with its speed, I did not enter in the windage, and I normally do not due to changes in speed and slight changes in directions. (not much effect at 250 yards anyway) But elevation on the calculator was dead on. But when using it at 25 yards it adjusted 1 inch too much and was consistently shooting 1 inch high. (Reported to ATN and video being looked at right now)

Having accessories and features turned on did not slow the scope and the scope did not malfunction or freeze up at all. (dual core processor paying off)

3 inch eye relief is pretty true with a little room for adjustment from about 2 inches to 5 inches without blacking out some of the display.

Did not have any issues with zero not holding.

Menu navigation takes a little bit of getting used to as it is different from the X-Sight II (No up and down arrows, and you now use the zoom knob for that)

MINIMAL pixelation when at max magnification (I would say a 70% reduction in comparison to the x-sight II)

Battery life indicator is nice (% of battery left is displayed in top right corner of the screen) Battery was at 100% when we started and ended at 80% in 3 hours of use.. 20% usage at 3 hours holds to about 15 hours run time.. (I had all of the features turned on as well)

I have been testing the night vision up to 300 yards at my house with good results. Clearer images, and when shining through trees and brush, there is no longer wash out and you can now actually see into thicker cover without worry of IR washout.

No lag in night vision mode when scanning quickly, except on HIGH sensitivity mode then there is a slight lag when scanning quickly. (Reported to ATN and video is being studied now, will be addressed in the new firmware)

All in all the scope is a great improvement over the X-Sight II, but is not quite ready for public release yet.. BUT VERY VERY Close... Just a few more minor tweaks by ATN and it will be a great launch!
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/05/18 06:24 AM

popcorn

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/05/18 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By: jtprocaddie

Ballistic calculator did well out to 250 yards (the farthest I tested it that day). Due to the wind being not consistent with its speed, I did not enter in the windage, and I normally do not due to changes in speed and slight changes in directions. (not much effect at 250 yards anyway) But elevation on the calculator was dead on. But when using it at 25 yards it adjusted 1 inch too much and was consistently shooting 1 inch high. (Reported to ATN and video being looked at right now

I have been testing the night vision up to 300 yards at my house with good results. Clearer images, and when shining through trees and brush, there is no longer wash out and you can now actually see into thicker cover without worry of IR washout.

What a shame to have 1000 yards of Range and not test the ballistic calculator in the manner to which it is designed (weather inputs and reticle adjustments) bang

Explain how a digital night vision that is IR dependent doesn’t washout when looking into “thicker cover”. I’m going to need to see a video of this to believe the statement.

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/05/18 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: jtprocaddie

Ballistic calculator did well out to 250 yards (the farthest I tested it that day). Due to the wind being not consistent with its speed, I did not enter in the windage, and I normally do not due to changes in speed and slight changes in directions. (not much effect at 250 yards anyway) But elevation on the calculator was dead on. But when using it at 25 yards it adjusted 1 inch too much and was consistently shooting 1 inch high. (Reported to ATN and video being looked at right now

What a shame to have 1000 yards of Range and not test the ballistic calculator in the manner to which it is designed (weather inputs and reticle adjustments) bang

Explain how a digital night vision that is IR dependent doesn’t washout when looking into “thicker cover”. I’m going to need to see a video of this to believe the statement.

That range requires you to go through a process to be allowed at the ranges from 600 and up. Which the qualifying range master was not there that day. I will go back the next time he is there to qualify so I can shoot those distances in the future.

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/05/18 01:54 PM

It’s a shame the ballistic calculator wasn’t tested out to 600 yards, especially with a 6.5 Grendel onhand.

Help me understand how this digital rifle scope is different than any before it with regards to seeing into thick cover.

Ordinarily the IR light shines onto the thick cover and the light is reflected back to the scope and the adjustments are made automatically (optical sensor / camera settings) and this results in a washout because the thick cover is in the near field of view and the target is in the far field of view.

Add to this that the thick cover is going to block the IR light from “painting the actual target” in fact you ordinarily see shadows if you can see anything past the near field washout....

This would be best tested in no moon situations as any moon is apt to skew the results.

Got a video of this thick cover capability?
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/05/18 02:58 PM

Another thing to remember is you can’t extrapolate battery life the way you did JT. We all know batteries show high life early and dwindle pretty quickly. So if you were showing 80% after three hours you might have 3 hrs left. Certainly can’t take that to mean it will have 15 hours of battery life (20% took 3 hours so 3x5=15). I am not blaming you or the scope for that, probably just some inexperience with battery life indicators is all.

Would love to see the videos from the night. I am sure you have those as a hard copy you could post up. If you sent them In To ATN you surely have a backup copy....in fact I am sure you have a back up copy of all the video you made. Would be interesting to see some of it...

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/05/18 04:36 PM

It’s a shame the ballistic calculator wasn’t tested out to 600 yards, especially with a 6.5 Grendel onhand.

Help me understand how this digital rifle scope is different than any before it with regards to seeing into thick cover.

Ordinarily the IR light shines onto the thick cover and the light is reflected back to the scope and the adjustments are made automatically (optical sensor / camera settings) and this results in a washout because the thick cover is in the near field of view and the target is in the far field of view.

Add to this that the thick cover is going to block the IR light from “painting the actual target” in fact you ordinarily see shadows if you can see anything past the near field washout....

This would be best tested in no moon situations as any moon is apt to skew the results.

Got a video of this thick cover capability?

I am not trying to state that you can see "through" thick cover by meanness. But IF there are gaps int eh cover where the light shines through then you see into those gaps..

On previous X-Sights and the BinoX HD the gaps would remain black and could not see through them. Honestly I do not know the technical side and the terms but I am reporting on what I see.

Yes I do have video, however with my non Disclosure I cannot share it until I get the all clear from ATN. But I am saving everything and wills tart sharing when I get the green light...

Like I said before ATN is learning from its past mistakes and reviewing ALL video and pictures we send in with fine tooth combs and trying to find issues so they can correct anyting they find before the release. This is the main reason they do not want the video shared yet as it is not the same as when it will be released.

It is frustrating for you, I know, and for me as well to not be able to share it.

I will share raw videos without editing as soon as I can and people can make up their minds for themselves..

I am actually waiting on a call back from the owner of the shooting range, since it is outdoors, to see if we can set up a night time demo at the range.

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/05/18 04:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye
Another thing to remember is you can’t extrapolate battery life the way you did JT. We all know batteries show high life early and dwindle pretty quickly. So if you were showing 80% after three hours you might have 3 hrs left. Certainly can’t take that to mean it will have 15 hours of battery life (20% took 3 hours so 3x5=15). I am not blaming you or the scope for that, probably just some inexperience with battery life indicators is all..

Yes sir I understand that and you make a good point.. I will bring the scope with me to work tomorrow and keep it powered on all day checking it every hour and document the % - I will do this until the battery runs out in the evening and give a report back.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/05/18 11:46 PM

Cocojoe why would you stop at 250?

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/06/18 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
because he was only allowed to go to 500 duh oh wait.

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/06/18 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law

The range master wouldn’t let him shoot beyond that. Would you?

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/06/18 01:14 AM

I just don’t get what we’re even really discussing here or in the prior thread that went 16 pages.

Every bit of info given by ATN or JTPro is available on the marketing pages for the sight and or can be reasonably discerned from the prior two versions of the scope. For example we’d assume the display is better, the battery life is increased, the image intensification more refined...

At this point JT is saying he won’t share or can’t share video under a NDA but yet he is posting these threads as if to offer something.

Frankly I can care less about what ATN needs from JTPro to dial in firmware and lead to a better launch of the product.

I’ve already participated in an ATN Customer BETA program (X-Sight I) and it can go on for months and many firmware iterations.

At this point, go hunt the scope you have and post some video of the footage and let’s get this road on the show!

Otherwise ...

flush

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/06/18 09:46 PM

The thermaL/NV Facebook groups are full of jtprocaddies lmao. They are so butt hurt people don’t believe their lies about this POS scope and company.

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/07/18 02:00 AM

Apparently, they don’t understand what a reputation is, or what its purpose is.
Posted By: Mountain Lion

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/07/18 04:12 AM

ATN marketing is misleading and their products are trash. Their customer service is a joke. I'd rather rather give my money to Meals on Wheels.

They burned me once but will never do so again.
Posted By: killen

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/07/18 11:34 AM

customer wasnt a joke to he was a piece of sh-- order 2 pulsar when i got off the phone with him
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/08/18 12:23 AM

Que

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/08/18 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: killen
customer wasnt a joke to he was a piece of sh-- order 2 pulsar when i got off the phone with him

Customer service was a joke.

The ATN Guy was a POS.

I now am the PROUD owner of two Pulsar units

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/08/18 01:05 AM

The ATN Guy was a POS.

roflmao
Posted By: J.G.

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/08/18 01:20 PM

The ATN Guy was a POS.

Thank you for the translation.

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/08/18 02:20 PM

Dilly Dilly !
Posted By: slugcatcher

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/08/18 05:51 PM

I really don't understand the point of this thread. You have a range "day" with unreleased product that is advertised as a night optic from a company that has a very bad reputation for delivering what was promised in the past and is known for questionable marketing techniques (I'm being polite on this). You report minimal problems but use the NDA as an excuse not to release video from the scope. Every NDA I've had to deal with has been a total blackout on the product with the public and competitors. Not a limited show and tell NDA. This sounds like the typical marketing methodology of ATN. Tout what works and hide what doesn't. Hype it. Sell it. Then move on to something else.

To be fair here. I owned the original X-Sight. I would have kept it if it cost $200 as a spotter. For a scope it was pretty useless as was the customer service from ATN. I returned after a month of ownership. ATN has lost me as a customer forever. I now have a Pulsar XD50. I'm on my 2nd replacement as the first two had what I suspect to be sensor problems. However, customer service has been good and it should be for the money spent. Understand that the customer service for Pulsar is from an importer (Sellmark) which typically is 2nd rate. So far this is not been the case. Sellmark has stood by the product, apologized for the problem and sent me a brand new scope both times. From a manufacturer as ATN claims to be I would expect much higher service than what I received from them. The bad part is ATN has shown they really don't care about the product they sell and even less about customer satisfaction. I don't think you're going to get a fair chance even if this turns out to be a quality product when it is released. There is just too much harm done to the ATN brand by ATN itself.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/09/18 04:11 AM

These ATN threads never disappoint.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/09/18 05:29 AM

popcorn

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/10/18 01:00 AM

Like I said....bottom of the barrel.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/10/18 04:00 AM

Looking at the ath website I am wondering how much touching up was done...

I got a xsight paperweight that had about the same promotional images
Posted By: Eastxhuntr

Re: ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Range Event and Testing TOMORROW! 3/2/18 - 03/19/18 03:06 AM

Roasted potatoes in here
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum