Texas Hunting Forum

Need good, but inexpensive, binocs

Posted By: 603Country

Need good, but inexpensive, binocs - 01/21/18 04:33 PM

I want 8 or 10 power binocs, in a weatherproof case, to ride on my 4wheeler. Since they will always be strapped on my Honda, they will be exposed to weather, dust, and theft. I don’t need the ‘best’, but just decent tough binocs. And a good weatherproof case is important. Suggestions?

I’ll do some googling, but also want owner type info.

Re: Need good, but inexpensive, binocs - 01/21/18 05:35 PM

Never mind, i just ordered some Minox 10x42 binocs for $145. Those should do just fine for ATV duty.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Need good, but inexpensive, binocs - 01/21/18 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: 603Country
Never mind, i just ordered some Minox 10x42 binocs for $145. Those should do just fine for ATV duty.

Those are the exact binoculars I opened this thread to recommend. I got a set for Christmas, and they do just fine for what I need.
Posted By: JCCinOhio

Re: Need good, but inexpensive, binocs - 01/21/18 11:32 PM

Would have said Leupold BX-1 Yosemite.. great little binocs..

Re: Need good, but inexpensive, binocs - 01/23/18 08:19 PM

The Minox 10x42 BF binocs arrived. They are relatively small, not too heavy (a bit heavier than the old Leicas), and appear to have excellent glass. It’s amazing what you can get for a reasonable price. Compared to some Nikons we keep in the house, and paid a good bit more money for, the Minox is better.

And a fellow can pay 20 times that amount of money for “the best”.

Anyway, if somebody is searching for decent binocs at a very reasonable price (probably an upgrade coming, so they wanted to move these), these are darn decent.
Posted By: Ag Hunter 78

Re: Need good, but inexpensive, binocs - 01/23/18 09:41 PM

I got a great deal on a pair of Minox binoculars from Cameraland. Kept one and gave the other as a Christmas gift. Great glass at a very reasonable price.
Posted By: KK30RAR

Re: Need good, but inexpensive, binocs - 02/05/18 09:14 PM

popcorn
Posted By: Jon B

Re: Need good, but inexpensive, binocs - 07/23/18 03:48 AM

Originally Posted By: JCCinOhio
Would have said Leupold BX-1 Yosemite.. great little binocs..

Best $100 you will ever spend!
Posted By: bobsumner

Re: Need good, but inexpensive, binocs - 08/18/18 01:48 PM

I am a glass snob, but the Minox 10x42 BL HD have me intrigued at the price point. Thoughts? I am going to assume for $600 they are not quite the same Swarvo's but then again we are talking $2k less.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Need good, but inexpensive, binocs - 08/18/18 09:32 PM

[quote=bobsumner]I am a glass snob, but the Minox 10x42 BL HD have me intrigued at the price point. Thoughts? I am going to assume for $600 they are not quite the same Swarvo's but then again we are talking $2k less.

Meopta, tract, and Maven have some nice looking ones
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Need good, but inexpensive, binocs - 08/19/18 01:33 AM

I think the dude already bought some confused2
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Need good, but inexpensive, binocs - 08/19/18 03:11 PM

I bought my son a pair of vortex 8x binoculars, and we like them a lot. About the $250 price range.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Need good, but inexpensive, binocs - 08/19/18 03:32 PM

Old thread but I bought the Bushnell Legend Ultra HD a few years ago and am very happy with them. $194 on amazon today.

Funny I can put the money in scopes but this is top dollar for me on binoculars.
Posted By: bobsumner

Re: Need good, but inexpensive, binocs - 08/19/18 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: wp75169
Old thread but I bought the Bushnell Legend Ultra HD a few years ago and am very happy with them. $194 on amazon today.

Funny I can put the money in scopes but this is top dollar for me on binoculars.

Funny you say that, was just telling the wife the same thing. She knows I have been selling some [censored] I don't use to fund some Swarvo's and I said I am really considering going with Minox, she just looked at me. I run NightForce on my hunting/precision rifles, and Premeir Reticles on my AR-10. I hope this decision works out, if they suck, I figure I can resell and only out $300.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum