Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone using something like this with their smartphone?

Posted By: Texas Dan

Anyone using something like this with their smartphone? - 01/18/18 05:24 PM

Seems like an economical way to get close up images using your smartphone and spotting scope.

Are other solutions available that don't require breaking the bank?

https://ltmshop.com/products/scope
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Anyone using something like this with their smartphone? - 01/18/18 05:49 PM

I have one that I bought on amazing for like $15.

It's difficult to get it adjusted just right and lock it in at that location. And of course the image quality isn't the same as what you see looking through the scope (unless your scope quality isn't very good).

But if you're just looking for a way to record what you're seeing in your scope and you don't mind that image quality will be mediocre, it would be fine for that.
Posted By: trigger time

Re: Anyone using something like this with their smartphone? - 01/18/18 05:54 PM

We used something like that to film my elk kill this year through a swaro spotting scope. It worked great, but not sure of the brand my buddy got.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Anyone using something like this with their smartphone? - 01/18/18 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: patriot07
It's difficult to get it adjusted just right and lock it in at that location. And of course the image quality isn't the same as what you see looking through the scope (unless your scope quality isn't very good).

But if you're just looking for a way to record what you're seeing in your scope and you don't mind that image quality will be mediocre, it would be fine for that.

I think I'll play around with my spotting scope and smartphone just to see how easy or difficult it is to get a good image and photo. Since you can see the image on your smartphone as you position it over the scope lens, it should be easy to determine how likely it will work. If the device holds the phone and scope together well enough, it becomes a simple matter of pointing the scope as you watch the phone screen.
Posted By: Pootie

Re: Anyone using something like this with their smartphone? - 01/19/18 02:32 PM

I have something similar. For me, focus is challenging because my android keeps trying to help me focus on whatever it thinks I'm trying to get a picture of.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Anyone using something like this with their smartphone? - 01/19/18 02:42 PM

Phone Skope is by far the best one I have used.

https://www.phoneskope.com/?gclid=CjwKCA...zRoC5iQQAvD_BwE
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum