Texas Hunting Forum

Revic?

Posted By: Deerhunter61

Revic? - 01/07/18 10:05 PM

I just saw them at the dallas Safari Club Expo....thoughts?
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Revic? - 01/07/18 10:14 PM

I saw them too but didn’t stop. Looked like they had 2 scopes

Re: Revic? - 01/07/18 10:30 PM

Looks like a smart scope. Burris eliminator III style, but it looks like quality.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Revic? - 01/07/18 10:36 PM

Saw those as well. They weigh a ton. No built in range finder. Not really sure what good they are. And at $2650 “show special” I could buy a damn nice scope and a nice range finder
Posted By: Amarillo.Hunter

Re: Revic? - 01/07/18 10:36 PM

Are they a quality product? Never heard of them before.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Revic? - 01/07/18 10:39 PM

Looks like some pretty interesting technology.

Re: Revic? - 01/07/18 10:47 PM

If I'm understanding their web information, this scope does not range for you...but it basically keeps up with all your dope and takes care of all the calculations. Maybe it will become wildly popular...or maybe not.
Posted By: Theringworm

Re: Revic? - 01/07/18 11:03 PM

Essentially eliminates the need for dope charts and places it all in the scope, plus it adds all of the parameters a kestel gives you (temp elevation, station pressure, etc.) except wind and calculates the changes. I like the electronic anti-cant indicator. You still need a rangefinder to get your distance but then just dial the elevation turret until you see a similar distance (I think it’s only in MOAs currently) and then you hold wind correction and BOOM! Would be really interested if it came in MILs also. If it could range distance then it would be amazing. Not sure of the quality of glass. Not a lot of field reviews on it online yet.

Re: Revic? - 01/07/18 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By: RiverRider
If I'm understanding their web information, this scope does not range for you...but it basically keeps up with all your dope and takes care of all the calculations. Maybe it will become wildly popular...or maybe not.

Ahh. Seems pretty spendy then.

Re: Revic? - 01/07/18 11:18 PM

The first digital watch I ever saw was a Texas Instruments product. It was in 1971 or '72...it had an LED display. The price tag was around $1200...in 1972 dollars!

I think this is the kind of technology that could conceivably become very affordable, but someone's going to have to get the ball rolling and buy a few so that they can be sold for less.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Revic? - 01/07/18 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Theringworm
Essentially eliminates the need for dope charts and places it all in the scope, plus it adds all of the parameters a kestel gives you (temp elevation, station pressure, etc.) except wind and calculates the changes. I like the electronic anti-cant indicator. You still need a rangefinder to get your distance but then just dial the elevation turret until you see a similar distance (I think it’s only in MOAs currently) and then you hold wind correction and BOOM! Would be really interested if it came in MILs also. If it could range distance then it would be amazing. Not sure of the quality of glass. Not a lot of field reviews on it online yet.

How many MOA of elevation are on the reticle?

Re: Revic? - 01/07/18 11:38 PM

85 moa per the website

Re: Revic? - 01/07/18 11:55 PM

Surely thats the turret revolution.

Re: Revic? - 01/08/18 12:02 AM

30 moa per revolution. 85 moa total. Maybe I am reading it wrong that’s why it shows.

http://www.revicoptics.com/product/pmr-smart-scope-rifle/

Re: Revic? - 01/08/18 12:03 AM

I asked what the reticle has on it...

Re: Revic? - 01/08/18 12:05 AM

Sorry, I thought I read turret.

Re: Revic? - 01/08/18 12:40 AM

Based off of some very blurry pics of the reticle it looks like elevation is 30 moa, left to right is 32 total (16 left, 16 right.)

Re: Revic? - 01/08/18 12:47 AM

Re: Revic? - 01/08/18 01:09 AM

30 MOA per rev, and 30 MOA of reticle will get lots of cartridges 1000 yards.

1 MOA per hash.
Posted By: 505ed

Re: Revic? - 01/08/18 03:14 AM

Top tier stuff...very good...but noti going to spend my coin on it...

Ed
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Revic? - 01/08/18 06:17 PM

When I looked through it yesterday I found it to be interesting, but not without flaws. The info screen seemed to be very high in the field of view, to the point it required an adjustment of the cheek weld to observe what its reading was. The guy yesterday described it as a BDC reticle and can retain 3 different ammo ballistics, which is uploaded via Bluetooth from your cell phone. You also still need a wind measuring device to input the correct wind speed and direction. Once that is done, the scope knows it’s origi origin in relation to the wind direction, and makes the necessary hold off if you turn the gun either into the wind more or away from the wind more.
Posted By: dee

Re: Revic? - 01/08/18 11:03 PM

It's an electronic gen 2 razor is the best way to put it. Pretty much a kestrel built into your gen 2 razor. The guys at gunwerks are behind it. Been a ton of r & d put into it. Frank at S/H has a brief vid on it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum