Texas Hunting Forum

Leupold VX-1

Posted By: MathMan

Leupold VX-1 - 12/08/17 11:55 PM

I bought a Leupold VX-1. Is it good for a 7mm mag scope killer?

Ive read a lot about the VX-2 and up. I’m just hoping the VX-1 will hold zero on it.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Leupold VX-1 - 12/08/17 11:57 PM

Friction or click adjustments.

Re: Leupold VX-1 - 12/09/17 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
Friction or click adjustments.

I’m not sure what you are saying.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Leupold VX-1 - 12/09/17 01:12 PM

Remove the covers for the turrets. When you turn them do them click or just move?

Re: Leupold VX-1 - 12/10/17 01:37 AM

Darn. I’m unsure and it’s wrapped and under the Christmas tree. I guess I’ll have to wait until after Christmas to reply.

Does VX-1 come in both? Friction or click?

Is friction bad?
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Leupold VX-1 - 12/10/17 12:02 PM

If it's new it's click, I don't think they have made a friction scope in a long time. I am not aware of problems from the friction style but, click is easier to adjust.
Posted By: booradley

Re: Leupold VX-1 - 12/10/17 12:35 PM

VX-1 should be fine on a 7mm Magnum.

Re: Leupold VX-1 - 01/04/18 03:28 AM

I tried the scope on my 7mm mag today. Doesn’t seem like clicks. I hear no click. You notice it’s changing spots but there is no actual click.

Is that what friction adjustments are?

Other than that it shot great!!!! I put 175 grain Corelocks in it and my boresight job was almost perfect!!! I didn’t adjust it after boresight. It was within 1/2” of bullseye and I call that good:) shot 1” group.

The 150grain corelocks shot horribly but I may have some other grain bullets mixed in that box on accident. Or it was my shooting. Idk.

But when I had the 175grains in it, it was pretty much dead on.

I can’t wait to see what I can do with reloading now:).
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Leupold VX-1 - 01/04/18 03:35 AM

Vx1 will fail

It's also being discontinued I believe
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Leupold VX-1 - 01/04/18 03:36 AM

I’d have thought Leupold had gone away from friction type adjustments, but I suppose the VX1line might still have them. But that didn’t answer your question.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Leupold VX-1 - 01/04/18 04:25 AM

I have two, both friction, and they are both fine. One is a 4-12x40with the wide duplex and I really like it.
Posted By: duckhunter175

Re: Leupold VX-1 - 01/04/18 04:26 AM

Leupold has taken a lot of heat for the strength of the internal components of their scopes it seems. I have 2 different VX-1 3x9-40, one on a slug gun and one on a muzzleloader. About 75 rounds through each with no issues so far. They aren't the special slug gun models either.

I think for a hunting scope that gets shot to confirm zero once a year and then hopefully a shot or two to fill the freezer they will fit the bill. For someone shooting a lot or with a heavy recoiling rifle it may not be the best choice.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum