Texas Hunting Forum

Falcon Menace 4-14x44 Tactical 30mm Riflescope

Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Falcon Menace 4-14x44 Tactical 30mm Riflescope - 12/08/17 04:47 PM

Who has experience with this brand? It's cheap, FFP and milliradian. Just to learn, and see if mil's is going to work for me, I'm not risking much. But, if it's junk, won't hold zero, etc........someone let me know. Thanks.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Falcon Menace 4-14x44 Tactical 30mm Riflescope - 12/08/17 05:22 PM

The concern with these cheaper optics isn't so much that they won't hold zero but that they won't track reliably. It likely has lower quality glass too. But if you're just shooting animals at 500 and in during the middle of the day, it might be fine for that. For precision range work, it's lower than the minimum quality that most would recommend.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Falcon Menace 4-14x44 Tactical 30mm Riflescope - 12/08/17 05:27 PM

Thanks, may give it a shot. Just want to see how ranging and holding in hunting situations will work for me. I go to range, only to zero. I practice mostly in the field. Not looking to do long range, range shooting.
Originally Posted By: patriot07
The concern with these cheaper optics isn't so much that they won't hold zero but that they won't track reliably. It likely has lower quality glass too. But if you're just shooting animals at 500 and in during the middle of the day, it might be fine for that. For precision range work, it's lower than the minimum quality that most would recommend.
Posted By: gr8fuldoug

Re: Falcon Menace 4-14x44 Tactical 30mm Riflescope - 12/08/17 05:35 PM

In the world of less expensive quality optics you may want to look into Athlon. Please check out this review posted on another forum I think you'll find it a great read
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Falcon Menace 4-14x44 Tactical 30mm Riflescope - 12/08/17 09:10 PM

I had one, seemed ok. Didn’t keep the rifle for long, and sold it on the rifle. I bought it from a forum member in Burleson who used it to learn to shoot long range. He said it worked great for him. Maybe he will chime in.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Falcon Menace 4-14x44 Tactical 30mm Riflescope - 12/08/17 11:24 PM

I have one used in the box, it's for a project I have not completed. Your welcome to borrow it short term to see if you like it...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum