Texas Hunting Forum

ATN up to their old tricks again!

Posted By: Dale Wilson

ATN up to their old tricks again! - 11/29/17 01:41 AM

Well ATN up to their old tricks again! Denying my rebate because of the serial number not correct. Can anyone tell me what the serial number is in the proper format?
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: ATN up to their old tricks again! - 11/29/17 01:48 AM

Looks like L zero four one N to me.
Posted By: Midwaytmm

Re: ATN up to their old tricks again! - 11/29/17 01:56 AM

Send that picture, via email, to customer svc. Ask them what the serial number is. Good luck..........
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: ATN up to their old tricks again! - 11/29/17 02:02 AM

L zero four I (eye) N.

Posted By: J.G.

Re: ATN up to their old tricks again! - 11/29/17 02:43 AM

Originally Posted By: DocHorton
L zero four I (eye) N.

Posted By: llbts1

Re: ATN up to their old tricks again! - 11/29/17 03:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Midwaytmm
Send that picture, via email, to customer svc. Ask them what the serial number is. Good luck..........

X2
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: ATN up to their old tricks again! - 11/29/17 03:28 AM

Return it - that'll teach them
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: ATN up to their old tricks again! - 11/29/17 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Originally Posted By: DocHorton
L zero four I (eye) N.

Posted By: patriot07

Re: ATN up to their old tricks again! - 11/29/17 03:42 AM

Rule of engineering - Do not use letters O, S, Q, I, Z, or X in any way, shape, or form unless they're part of a normal word. I can be confused with one. O and Q can be confused with zero. Z and S can be confused with two. X implies a field needing input. I would have sent them L - zero - four - one - N, because any engineer worth his salt reads that serial number that way. In something like a serial number, you should also omit the use of 1 and 2 for the same reasons. Numbers are typically unavoidable on engineering drawings.
Posted By: LFD2037

Re: ATN up to their old tricks again! - 11/29/17 04:20 AM

Originally Posted By: patriot07
Rule of engineering - Do not use letters O, S, Q, I, Z, or X in any way, shape, or form unless they're part of a normal word. I can be confused with one. O and Q can be confused with zero. Z and S can be confused with two. X implies a field needing input. I would have sent them L - zero - four - one - N, because any engineer worth his salt reads that serial number that way. In something like a serial number, you should also omit the use of 1 and 2 for the same reasons. Numbers are typically unavoidable on engineering drawings.

Just make them all numbers or all letters. Problem solved!
Posted By: patriot07

Re: ATN up to their old tricks again! - 11/29/17 04:50 AM

Originally Posted By: LFD2037
Originally Posted By: patriot07

Just make them all numbers or all letters. Problem solved!
I would use all letters and omit the use of the prohibited letters. Easy solution with the most possible combinations. But a "serial number" that's all letters might aggravate more emotional folks.
Posted By: JCCinOhio

Re: ATN up to their old tricks again! - 11/30/17 12:12 AM

ATN.. and customer service... LOL...
Posted By: TX Grubby

Re: ATN up to their old tricks again! - 11/30/17 12:45 AM

If you haven't already, join up at http://atnowners.com/ ATN Customer Service members are on that can assist you. I have found them to be very helpful.

Hope it helps bud.
Posted By: Dale Wilson

Re: ATN up to their old tricks again! - 06/27/18 01:30 PM

Well I hate to bring up ATN again but after all of this time, I never received the rebate on my ATN scope. Anyone else get shafted by ATN and their rebate company garvinpromo.com? Supposedly it was sent 2 times since December.

Response

Hello Dale,
This rebate ended on 12/31/2017 and was closed on 4/30/2018. We have been advised by American Technologies Network Corporate office that we can no longer reissue checks, submit or resubmit rebate information for validation. Please keep in mind we are a third-party company and we only process rebates for American Technologies Network and I am sorry but there is nothing more we can do at the rebate center.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer Service

Thank you,

Rebate Customer Service

Department # : AN 17-3802
Purchase Item :
Rebate Code :
Message : email sent also: It is 6/27/2018 and I never received the prepaid card. Please deactivate and reissue the prepaid card. Since this is the second time it has been lost in the mail I would appreciate it if you could send the replacement as soon as possible. Thank You, Dale
Posted By: Outdoor Legacy

Re: ATN up to their old tricks again! - 06/27/18 02:35 PM

So they said it got "lost in the mail"....twice? Wow. shocked
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: ATN up to their old tricks again! - 06/27/18 02:50 PM

I recently had a similar issue with Bushnell and their rebate company vistaoutdoors

I had to babysit the rebate process for weeks and ride them every other week to ensure processing

I believe I mailed my forms 3 times.

When I finally got my prepaid card it is only good for 30 days and then will expire

I guess this is just the new business model is all I’m saying and trust but triple verify is the owners problem now
Posted By: syncerus

Re: ATN up to their old tricks again! - 06/27/18 05:18 PM

Life is too short to do business with weasels.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum