Texas Hunting Forum

Time to eat a little crow!

Posted By: Deerhunter61

Time to eat a little crow! - 11/08/17 02:36 AM

A while back I asked about scopes and talked about the Zeiss HD Conquest 5-25X50 and some of you guys advised me to buy a different scope...well I went ahead and purchased one and boy have I regretted it! I own 7 Conquest riflescopes, the older ones, and two Conquest binoculars and they have performed flawlessly but the new HD scope has been terrible. I sent it back to Zeiss and after jumping thru one hoop after another they are finally are replacing it because the parallax knob was broken. The glass, which is the main reason I went with it, simply isn't up to the same standard that of the older Conquests. Frankly, I'm going to avoid anything in the midrange level with them and as for the upper level...well there's a lot more competition in that arena and I would go in a different direction there anyway.

Oh well, I wish I'd taken you all's advice!
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Time to eat a little crow! - 11/08/17 01:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Deerhunter61
Oh well, I wish I'd taken you all's advice!

There are plenty of people around here that do not.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Time to eat a little crow! - 11/08/17 01:33 PM

Thanks for the feedback. up
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Time to eat a little crow! - 11/08/17 03:05 PM

You make the 4th person in the last 10 years on this site who has admitted to being wrong. Sure glad the rest of us never have that problem.

wink
Posted By: OkieDokie

Re: Time to eat a little crow! - 11/08/17 04:21 PM

I thought I was wrong one time.... But I was mistaken... grin
Posted By: Nitro27

Re: Time to eat a little crow! - 11/08/17 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: OkieDokie
I thought I was wrong one time.... But I was mistaken... grin

clap
Posted By: Busheler

Re: Time to eat a little crow! - 11/11/17 04:02 PM

Zeiss has yet to make a scope,that works.

"Glass" is farrrrrrrrr and away the LEAST important thing,in regards to a rifle scope and all are in a hurry to overlook that simplistic constant.

Hint.............
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum