Texas Hunting Forum

Day/ night vision scope

Posted By: DWADR

Day/ night vision scope - 10/27/17 10:22 PM

I’m sure this question has been asked a million times but is there a day/night scope out there that anyone has used that is less than $1000 that they approve of?
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Day/ night vision scope - 10/28/17 12:51 AM

The short answer is get a Sightmark Photon XT and a decent 800nm illuminator. It has a number of flaws, but it's the least expensive piece of gear that actually works.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Day/ night vision scope - 10/28/17 02:42 AM

I believe that's fine advice. And the scope is way less than $1000, to boot.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Day/ night vision scope - 10/28/17 05:34 AM

I was in the same boat and got the x-sight II 3-14. I am not suppressed so I have never shot anything with it but it does work.
Posted By: chalet

Re: Day/ night vision scope - 10/29/17 04:49 PM

I have a photon xt. I have a killed a couple doe with it during the day, definitely not clear enough resolution if you are serious deer hunting. Works great at night for shooting pigs.
Posted By: Outdoor Legacy

Re: Day/ night vision scope - 10/30/17 05:11 AM

I concur with the rest. The Sightmark Photon XT is, in my opinion, the best bang for the buck. They 4.6x42 model is the one I generally recommend it's only $499, plus scope rings. The only other option would be the ATN X-Sights and they start at $599. They definitely have their pros and cons and for some people, they are a good choice, but with the little info you gave, I'd suggest a Photon XT. You can't go wrong with it, great all around digital NV scope, tried, true and Sightmark is a great company and backs their stuff up.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Day/ night vision scope - 10/30/17 02:14 PM

I have the Photon and ATN Xsight. My experience and feedback is based off firsthand experience. For night hunting the Photon crushes the ATN. For day hunting the ATN has the edge. Overall I give the edge to the Photon.
Posted By: firemed13

Re: Day/ night vision scope - 10/31/17 01:55 PM

A few of us at the lease us pulsar n750 for the past few years and they have worked great.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum