Texas Hunting Forum

Camera Land Is Now An Authorized Athlon Dealer

Posted By: gr8fuldoug

Camera Land Is Now An Authorized Athlon Dealer - 10/26/17 05:57 PM

;

We are now an authorized Athlon Optics Dealer

We have taken in Athlon Optics for multiple reasons....

First, and most importantly, they offer a quality product. If they didn't the rest of the reasons would mean nothing. We will not promote any company that we do not believe offers a good product, quality customer service and stands out from the crowd of hundreds of brands out there.

Secondly, they have a very diverse line of riflescopes, binoculars, spotters and laser rangefinders to fit the needs of both the Hunter and the Tactical shooter.

Thirdly (is thirdly really a word?) Their products seem to parallel some other mfg's items for far less $$$.
For Example (These scopes are extremely similar to other branded scopes we have sold tons of and the Athlon Scopes are way less expensive.

Here are some items we feel will be huge sellers as they are extemely similar to some of the scopes we have sold tons of:

Ares BTR 4.5-27x50 - APLR3 FFP IR MIL only $849.99

Argos 2-10x40 - BDC 600 only $249.99

Argos 3-15x40 - BDC 600 only $279.99

This is one we feel will be a very popular Hunting scope:
Argos 4-20x50 - AHMR1 SFP MOA only $319.99. This is also available with the BDC-600 reticle

For those of you who are looking for more power check out their Argos 6-30x56 - BDC 600 for only $349.99

Available in both Mil and MOA is their Argos BTR 1-4x24 - AHSR14 FFP IR MIL for only $299.99

Argos BTR 6-24x50 - ATMR FFP IR MOA for only $369.99. This too is available in MIL and as you see runs about half the price of the competition.
For those of you who want something slightly more powerful they offer this same scope in an Argos BTR 8-34x56 - APMR FFP IR MIL, or MOA version for only $20.00 additional @ $389.99

I think you get the point. They've made some of the most popular featured scopes available at a much sharper price which is great.

Years ago a new optics company came in to see me and showed me a binocular that looked the same as many others coming out of China. So similar my opinion was that when it rolled down the conveyor belt in the factory it must split in multiple directions and then go to different areas to be wrapped and packaged to the different brands this factory was producing for. I told this sales person that I already carried this binocular from 3 or 4 different mfg's and they sell for between $259.99 and $289.99, depending on the company. If this is priced below $200.00 then it would be interesting to me. If it's priced the same as all the other "me too" binoculars then I had no interest. It was priced to sell at $269.99. I thanked him for his time and explained I didn't need more "me too" optics in the store.

IMO, Athlon Optics has not reinvented anything here. They're offering pretty much what's already available from a host of other optics companies. They are probably using the same factories in Japan and China to make their products as there's not all that many different factories out there, however, they are charging way less $$$$ for the same products. This, to me, makes them interesting and that is one of the many reasons why we have signed on with them.

They also offer a line of binoculars with a similar story.
I read a great review of their Midas 10x42 Binocular which they offer for $299.99. In the review it ranked either comparable or somewhat superior to similar binoculars priced in the $350.00 to $500.00 price range. At $299.99 it's a winner.

If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000. It is always our pleasure to speak with you.
Have a great day.

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
516-217-1000, 212-753-5128
Please visit our web site @ www.cameralandny.com
Long Islands Largest Camera and Sports Optics Superstore
Posted By: CharlieSierraDelta

Re: Camera Land Is Now An Authorized Athlon Dealer - 10/27/17 04:23 AM

I just received the Argos BTR 6-24-50 FFP AMPR reticle. I put it on my CZ 455 rifle. I will be comparing it to my Leupold, Vortex, Redfield, Mueller, and Sightron. I can do a full writeup with photos, etc.
Posted By: CharlieSierraDelta

Re: Camera Land Is Now An Authorized Athlon Dealer - 10/27/17 04:30 AM

"IMO, Athlon Optics has not reinvented anything here. They're offering pretty much what's already available from a host of other optics companies. They are probably using the same factories in Japan and China to make their products as there's not all that many different factories out there, however, they are charging way less $$$$ for the same products. This, to me, makes them interesting and that is one of the many reasons why we have signed on with them."

This paragraph I can agree and disagree.
I agree with this statement
"IMO, Athlon Optics has not reinvented anything here. They're offering pretty much what's already available from a host of other optics companies. They are probably using the same factories in Japan and China to make their products as there's not all that many different factories out there"

This is where I disagree,
"however, they are charging way less $$$$ for the same products. This, to me, makes them interesting and that is one of the many reasons why we have signed on with them."

I just paid $400 for my Chinese made Argos, which looks EXACTLY like a Falcon Menace, which is almost exactly the same scope as a Primary Arms 4-14 FFP. I honestly did not realize this scope was Chinese until I received it. I will be reviewing it Saturday, and if it does not perform, I will be returning it for a refund. I am already not a fan of the turrets (sloppy) and the fact there is no zero stops (in a $400 Chinese scope).

However, I am going to give it the benefit of the doubt, because the glass seems pretty good, and I dig the reticle.

Re: Camera Land Is Now An Authorized Athlon Dealer - 10/27/17 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: CharlieSierraDelta
I just received the Argos BTR 6-24-50 FFP AMPR reticle. I put it on my CZ 455 rifle. I will be comparing it to my Leupold, Vortex, Redfield, Mueller, and Sightron. I can do a full writeup with photos, etc.

I look forward to your review, as I am sure the members here do. Thank you

Re: Camera Land Is Now An Authorized Athlon Dealer - 10/27/17 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: CharlieSierraDelta
"IMO, Athlon Optics has not reinvented anything here. They're offering pretty much what's already available from a host of other optics companies. They are probably using the same factories in Japan and China to make their products as there's not all that many different factories out there, however, they are charging way less $$$$ for the same products. This, to me, makes them interesting and that is one of the many reasons why we have signed on with them."

This paragraph I can agree and disagree.
I agree with this statement
"IMO, Athlon Optics has not reinvented anything here. They're offering pretty much what's already available from a host of other optics companies. They are probably using the same factories in Japan and China to make their products as there's not all that many different factories out there"

This is where I disagree,
"however, they are charging way less $$$$ for the same products. This, to me, makes them interesting and that is one of the many reasons why we have signed on with them."

I just paid $400 for my Chinese made Argos, which looks EXACTLY like a Falcon Menace, which is almost exactly the same scope as a Primary Arms 4-14 FFP. I honestly did not realize this scope was Chinese until I received it. I will be reviewing it Saturday, and if it does not perform, I will be returning it for a refund. I am already not a fan of the turrets (sloppy) and the fact there is no zero stops (in a $400 Chinese scope).

However, I am going to give it the benefit of the doubt, because the glass seems pretty good, and I dig the reticle.

If I may, one of the things to consider, according to what you wrote, is that the Primary Arms scope is a 4-14x where the Argos is a 4-20x. There's a huge difference between a 3.5x ratio scope and a 5x. Most similar scopes are either 4.5-14 or 6.5-20, not a 4-20x.
As far as being made in China, the reality of the optics world is that China is where the majority is being made these days. There's one factory in the Philippines that produces for many brands, there's a few in Japan as well as all over the Pacific Rim. China is where the majority of sub-$1000.00 optics are coming from.
In my fathers day made in Japan was taboo, now made in Japan is preferred. Now it's China that is frowned upon and in a few years it'll be preferred and the next country of origin will be looked down on.
Yes, there's some cheap crap coming out of China and there's some excellent quality as well. The manufacturing is in line with the design and the quality control of the company putting their name on the product. Some of the long time "only Euro made' brands are sourcing in Japan and China now.
As always we stand behind everything you purchase from us so if you are not happy with a purchase or ever have an issue we are here to assist you.
Please feel free, ALWAYS, to give us a call to discuss optics.
smile
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum