Texas Hunting Forum

DVR for Night Vision

Posted By: Bar-D

DVR for Night Vision - 09/25/17 07:13 PM

I know this has been discussed before but I haven't seen anything on it in quite some time. I have had a Pulsar Digisight N750 for a couple of years that I bought for night hunting. Because of some health problems and various other bumps in the road of life, it has never been used but I hope that will change this year. Seems most of the newer thermal and NV scopes have built in recorders but what is available for an add on recorder system for this type of scope? I know there are 2 to 3 hundred dollar units and of course, the cheap but questionable Angel Eye mini dvr. Anyone have a recommendation of something somewhere in the middle that records video and audio?
Posted By: Outdoor Legacy

Re: DVR for Night Vision - 09/25/17 07:42 PM

I would highly recommend the UNV MDVR system. It is by FAR the most commonly used and trusted DVR in the NV world. Everyone from Sightmark Photon owners all the way up to Trijicon/IR Defense owners have been using the UNV MDVR for years. They have custom cables for most every NV optic including the N750's. It records audio and video and includes the remote record switch that quickly powers the unit on and starts recording within seconds and then instantly turns the unit off when you flip the switch off. It's a huge asset and battery life saver.

I you are looking at $195 for the MDVR and about $30 for the custom cable, but it's worth it. I'm not sure of anything else that will give you all the features, reliability and warranty that you'll get from the MDVR. It is also worth noting that you get a custom buttstock pouch with the MDVR that is awesome.

Good luck!

- Jason
Posted By: fr3db3ar

Re: DVR for Night Vision - 09/26/17 12:42 AM

Agreed. My UNV DVR has never had a problem that wasn't operator error. I've used it on all my pulsars and my photon.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum