Texas Hunting Forum

NF SHV 5-20x56mm Zero Set

Posted By: D.T.

NF SHV 5-20x56mm Zero Set - 10/06/15 02:42 AM

Does anyone have this scope or has used this function on this scope? I tried it for the first time yesterday and it failed me. I followed instruction, zero'ed in my rifle/scope then set the "0" to the mark, tightened up the screws quite tight and I was still able to turn pass "0" 2 clicks, which defeated the purpose. I then tried to put it back to where it was (non zero set) and tried it again this morning and this time it turned 3 clicks pass "0". I wonder if I did anything wrong?
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: NF SHV 5-20x56mm Zero Set - 10/06/15 02:53 AM

Not sure on that scope but it is not a bad thing that it goes a little below zero. That is actually how I have mine setup.

Walter
Posted By: DStroud

Re: NF SHV 5-20x56mm Zero Set - 10/06/15 03:29 AM

I usually set mine at least 4 to 8 clicks past "O" so that if I decide to change loads I can move down a little and its as simple as going past when it stops youknow you are bottomed out and you move it back the few clicks...no biggie.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: NF SHV 5-20x56mm Zero Set - 10/06/15 11:56 PM

yep
Posted By: J.G.

Re: NF SHV 5-20x56mm Zero Set - 10/07/15 12:57 AM

Going a few thenths of a Mil or a few quarters of an MOA past zero is not an issue.

The whole point in a zero stop is to prevent you from going A FULL REVOLUTION past your zero. Once you've dialed up so far you forgot what rev you were on (and you fail to look at the rev indicator line on the scope body) you can dial down until your turret stops and know you are on your zero. So when it goes two or three tenths or quarters past zero, dial back up to zero.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum