Texas Hunting Forum

Which optic would you put on a glock 40

Posted By: Gravytrain

Which optic would you put on a glock 40 - 09/27/15 02:44 PM

Which optic would you put on a glock 40?
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Which optic would you put on a glock 40 - 09/27/15 02:47 PM

I wouldn't, laser sight and call it good.

I have a 23 and had a laser rear sight and liked it a lot but it quit working so I went back to factory. good night sights would be good too but any optic would be just that much more bulk.

only one I would consider is a small red dot.
Posted By: Gravytrain

Re: Which optic would you put on a glock 40 - 09/27/15 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By: hopalong
I wouldn't, laser sight and call it good.

I have a 23 and had a laser rear sight and liked it a lot but it quit working so I went back to factory. good night sights would be good too but any optic would be just that much more bulk.

only one I would consider is a small red dot.

It definitely would have to be a small optic, there are only a few that would fit.

They come with 4 plates for mounting:
01 for use with Eotech, Doctor, Insight and Meopta;
02 for using Trijicon RMR;
03 for C-More; and
04 on the Leupold Delta Point.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/08/gear-test-glock-modular-optics-system/#ixzz3mx1sDC6x
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Which optic would you put on a glock 40 - 09/28/15 12:31 AM

I wouldn't...laser yes but optic no.
Posted By: shoots100

Re: Which optic would you put on a glock 40 - 09/28/15 02:47 AM

Night sights.

Re: Which optic would you put on a glock 40 - 09/28/15 02:08 PM

gravy, the problem with optics on semi auto pistols is the cycle when fired, you will have hell keeping it accurate due to the forces of recoil.

don't care who makes it, you can not bang an optic that hard and expect accuracy.
Posted By: gusick

Re: Which optic would you put on a glock 40 - 09/28/15 02:35 PM

Probably the Doctor.

The Leopold us supposed to be nice but I've never seen one in person. The RMR is supposed to be the toughest but the thick frame gets all of my nerves.
Posted By: MacDaddy21

Re: Which optic would you put on a glock 40 - 09/28/15 03:44 PM

gravy, the problem with optics on semi auto pistols is the cycle when fired, you will have hell keeping it accurate due to the forces of recoil.

don't care who makes it, you can not bang an optic that hard and expect accuracy.

I'm sorry but this just isn't true. I've had a Trijicon RMR (RM05) on my FNP-45 tactical the entire time I've owned it. I've never had any issues with it losing accuracy or POI due to the cycling action of the pistol. It has never lost its POI period, and I've put at least 2,500 rounds through it now. In my experience they are extremely durable sights and the recoil doesn't bother mine at all.

Re: Which optic would you put on a glock 40 - 09/29/15 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By: MacDaddy21

I'm sorry but this just isn't true. I've had a Trijicon RMR (RM05) on my FNP-45 tactical the entire time I've owned it. I've never had any issues with it losing accuracy or POI due to the cycling action of the pistol. It has never lost its POI period, and I've put at least 2,500 rounds through it now. In my experience they are extremely durable sights and the recoil doesn't bother mine at all.

well then I am wrong, but I would expect a 600.00 sight to hold not so much a 150.00 sight.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum