Texas Hunting Forum

Primary Arms

Posted By: Steven Stroman

Primary Arms - 12/01/14 06:43 PM

Does anyone have any pros or cons on the Primary Arms 4-14x44 FFP scope
Posted By: drake_taker

Re: Primary Arms - 12/02/14 03:07 AM

I have one on an AR. The clicks are rather mushy. The rifle I have it on isn't the most accurate right now and I'm not sure if it's the scope, the barrel, or just the ammo it doesn't like. I'm going to put a better scope on it and see, but I don't like the slop between the clicks. It's not as sharp as my Vortex, but it's also a lot cheaper.
Posted By: Gwood88

Re: Primary Arms - 12/02/14 03:11 AM

I have one on a 20in SPR .223 Wylde upper. I really like it for what it is, an entry level FFP mil/mil scope.
For the price it's hard to beat.
It's a sub MOA rifle but I use it more for 200-400yd plinking which I think the scope is perfect for.

I were looking for a scope for a dedicated long range rig I would definitely go with something better though, SWFA or Vortex.

The main con is that doesn't quite have the clarity of a high dollar optic.

But that's about all I can think of. Holds zero. Resettable turrets. Positive clicks. And like I said for the price you can't beat it.

PA makes great stuff. I have 3 of their red dots and their 1-4x as well. Although I don't think the ACCS reticle is for me.
Also if anything goes wrong with their products, even something past their warranty, they'll take care of you.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum