Texas Hunting Forum

Leupold Question

Posted By: TakeMeLord

Leupold Question - 11/08/14 11:04 PM

I have always bought the $200 to $250 Leupold rifle scopes.

Question: Are the higher price Leupold scopes of better quality than the lower price scopes?

Or is it simply more features ?

I am really wanting better light transmission as I am getting a little older.... Thanks!
Posted By: Whiptail

Re: Leupold Question - 11/08/14 11:15 PM

My VX3 glass is noticebly better than my VX1.
I've heard Zeiss have better light transmission than the VX3(which is very good).
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Leupold Question - 11/09/14 01:35 AM

You will be well serviced with a vx3 as far as glass goes. It is more clear than older models for sure. I tested mine again this weekend in the field and I honestly could see in the dark. Way way past deer time.
I also have a one year old zeiss conquest and in real life the two were so close it couldn't be determined better. I couldn't see the crosshairs in the conquest in the dark when I could still make out my standard duplex hairs in the leop vx3. I only mention this because you said your eyes are aging.
Posted By: usdrscott

Re: Leupold Question - 11/09/14 02:00 AM

Take Me Lord

Stop by a store selling optics and try out the scopes - I try to pick 3 different quality scopes and test them against my needs FOF, Light and bright magnification etc - It is best to take them outside as interior artificial light does not allow a true test
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum