Texas Hunting Forum

Weaver 2x 28 Pistol scope on a rifle

Posted By: texaspatriot.308

Weaver 2x 28 Pistol scope on a rifle - 08/11/14 09:36 PM

I had scoped a Ruger Blackhawk (just a bad idea) I was not happy with it and took the scope off and went back to irons, I got couple rifles without a scope, just wonder if any of yall have tried a scope like this on something like a .357 or .44 mag rifle?
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Weaver 2x 28 Pistol scope on a rifle - 08/12/14 03:23 AM

I tried using IER scopes on a BLR, and ended up removing them. The LER may be a bit much, but will work decently to 100 ~ 150 yards if you can get sight picture. The problem I had was parallax, even with a 3-12 Burris. At 200 yards, I would get consistent 4-5" vertical point of impact shifts; I had no such problems at 100, and the scopes worked quite well. The problem may well have been my eyesight rather than the scopes, but I ultimately had no faith in the sight picture past 125-150 yards.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Weaver 2x 28 Pistol scope on a rifle - 08/13/14 12:23 AM

Have used pistol scopes successfully on scout rifles but never tried them on standard scope mount points some eye relief isn't good for it. The shotgun scopes that are parallax free at 50 yards have worked well on pistol cartridge chambered rifles. Consistant head/eye positioning is important for shooting at distances where parallax is not correct and most rifle scopes do not have parallax adjustments of under 10X magnification with parallax being fixed at around 100 or 150 yards even though good accuracy can be had at shorter or much longer distances.

Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Weaver 2x 28 Pistol scope on a rifle - 09/01/14 05:51 AM

I was never impressed with the EER scope on a rifle. It actually seems slower to acquire than a standard eye relief scope.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum