Texas Hunting Forum

Side by Side thermal comparison and hunt.

Posted By: Texaslawman

Side by Side thermal comparison and hunt. - 07/26/14 01:41 AM

We did a little side by side thermal scope and monocular comparison and then got in a little hog hunting after this last weekend. The goal of this comparison was to show the average hunter who can only afford to buy one thermal scope how the scopes performed side by side. All of these scopes have been on the market long enough and extensive reviews have been done on them so we did not go through all the gadgets and crazy color pallets just the black hot and white hot. The reviews are here LINK TO THERMAL SIDE BY SIDE COMPARISON There will be a second side by side done this winter with even more scopes since some manufactures did not get the top line models to us by mistake. Here is the video to go with the written reviews it shows all scopes with video cables.

Here are a few pics of the after hunt!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: Side by Side thermal comparison and hunt. - 07/26/14 02:42 AM

Awsum,,,wish I had the cash, I would go for that Apollo !! Cool video and pix !
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Side by Side thermal comparison and hunt. - 07/26/14 03:19 AM

looks like ya'll had a good time. Cool stuff got deal on Aims scope for bout $30.00 ta gather light on top then $50.00:lazer under for hogs short range shooting, wish things would get better. been looking at some of the low end 1st generation night vision flag

Re: Side by Side thermal comparison and hunt. - 07/26/14 05:08 AM

Originally Posted By: colt.45
looks like ya'll had a good time. Cool stuff got deal on Aims scope for bout $30.00 ta gather light on top then $50.00:lazer under for hogs short range shooting, wish things would get better. been looking at some of the low end 1st generation night vision flag

Don't waste your money on 1st gen stuff a kill light would be better. The new digital nv stuff would be the cheapest that will still work.
Posted By: RossCravens

Re: Side by Side thermal comparison and hunt. - 07/26/14 02:39 PM

Cool video!

I see a thermal in my future...it just ain't very near!!!

Re: Side by Side thermal comparison and hunt. - 07/26/14 09:48 PM

scratch digital NV what's the price on that. if ya seen my income U'd laugh this might be last year can afford ta hunt. only thing had ta show for the $48.00 WMA permit head had good time with some frienfs. I realize my scope over, lazer under Noway compairs ta NV & Thermal, as pappy says: don't have the freedom would be cheaper to go on guided hunt. WMA were do most of my hog hunting doesnt allow night hunts, an the rig i'm using works okay. just limit my range for shots. last year just before got the hunting license had laser on hogs 30yrds several nights. But to grill & chill had to wait ta get license. Back in day had wife & kids to support . that's my problem not yours up for thread, good info flag

Re: Side by Side thermal comparison and hunt. - 07/26/14 10:08 PM

I think the cheapest is the photon and its in the $600-$700 range but if you cant hunt at night problem solved.
Posted By: Stealthjr

Re: Side by Side thermal comparison and hunt. - 07/26/14 10:44 PM

I have a video cable for a ATN Thor your welcome to use if you still have them. I think you are in north Texas right? Anyway, shoot me a PM if you want to use it.

Cheers!

Re: Side by Side thermal comparison and hunt. - 07/26/14 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Stealthjr
I have a video cable for a ATN Thor your welcome to use if you still have them. I think you are in north Texas right? Anyway, shoot me a PM if you want to use it.

Cheers!

Thank you very much but they have been sent back to the manufactures. We will do it again this winter and do our best to have all the video cables!

Re: Side by Side thermal comparison and hunt. - 07/27/14 02:48 AM

up flag
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum