Texas Hunting Forum

This will be an interesting one to watch

Posted By: ntxtrapper

This will be an interesting one to watch - 10/29/22 02:33 PM

Gun control is typically decided by politicians.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/or...-measure-people-means-protect-themselves
Posted By: blkt2

Re: This will be an interesting one to watch - 10/29/22 03:14 PM

If that became the law and if I lived up there I am pretty sure my neighbors would become terrified of me in no time.

I went to college in Michigan and permits are required for all hand guns along with registration. The local PD thought it was odd that I bought 2 or 3 hand guns per month. I wound up getting a job at the Sheriff's Department so they would stop looking at me side eyed. There were no carry permits back then and carrying a hand gun was a felony unless you worked at a PD or SD even if you weren't a sworn officer. It was a back door way to legally carry.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: This will be an interesting one to watch - 10/29/22 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

The people of Oregon, Washington and Commiefornia deserve everything they get from the politicians they keep electing and their own progressive views.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: This will be an interesting one to watch - 10/29/22 06:19 PM

I swear to God, democrats are the stupidest f'ng people on this planet. Nothing they do ever makes sense, ever. They are ruled by emotion.
Posted By: blkt2

Re: This will be an interesting one to watch - 10/29/22 07:17 PM

All it will take to overthrow this law is a single gun owner getting it into court. This law is simply to put the Scarlet Letter on people for exercising their constitutional rights and nothing more. Just imagine if Texas passed a law saying women that had abortions have to register onto a database where people can look them up.
Posted By: hetman

Re: This will be an interesting one to watch - 10/29/22 11:33 PM

if they don't get you on a data base with this type of law- they will add you to one with the new Credit Card coding for Guns & Ammo -
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: This will be an interesting one to watch - 10/31/22 11:24 AM

If the majority of voters pass it I’ll be surprised. If they do then it’s their own fault. Very unique situation though.
Posted By: DonPablo

Re: This will be an interesting one to watch - 11/01/22 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by flintknapper
The people of Oregon, Washington and Commiefornia deserve everything they get from the politicians they keep electing and their own progressive views.

I know how you feel but at the same time I feel bad for the rural citizens who’s votes are being canceled by the overwhelming numbers of urban voters.

The part about the registry being open to the public would surely be struck down but not sure about the other parts. Massachusetts requires a license to possess (and has for years) but does not require the safety class. I think these types of laws should be struck down and hope they eventually will be. But SCOTUS may very well rule this an acceptable state requirement so long as citizens are not required to justify their need to possess. My daughter took a class and applied for her concealed carry license in Boston and never heard back. I told her she needs to sue now that Bruen has struck down a state’s ability to subjectively determine whether or not you need a license. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s already a class action lawsuit in the works.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum