Texas Hunting Forum

Abbott for Governor?

Posted By: Reloder28

Abbott for Governor? - 02/16/22 09:15 PM

Have read some disparaging things about Abbott. Makes me wonder just how much of a pretender he really is. I have always voted for the 2A proponents above all. Now, I'm not so sure about him. Endorsement of the NRA may only mean complicit approval of clandestine intent.
I have inside information concerning the fake news "electrical grid failure" of 2020. So, I know that was an intentional power play, no pun intended.
Going to do my political homework for the mid-terms and would love some input, good, bad or indifferent.

What say y'all?

Posted By: Tbar

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/16/22 09:20 PM

The legislature sent him and he signed Constitutional Carry. That was a big one for me.

Yes I know he waited to do a lot of things until the election got closer.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/16/22 09:43 PM

First of all...they're ALL "pretenders". Both sides.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/16/22 09:44 PM

Yes!!!

We asked for his support to sign CC and now he's asking for ours.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/16/22 09:51 PM

There are better primary candidates IMHO….

I will vote for him in Nov if he wins the primary…
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/16/22 09:55 PM

Don Huffines introduced the first constitutional carry bill in 2017.....

Abbott was elected in 2014. though I believe the Bill died in legislation, I don't recall Abbott championing it much.
Nor did he answer whether or not he'd sign it this time around, until he did sign it.
if we keep falling for political stunts and True conservative legislation is passed only around election time, we'll never go anywhere.

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/16/22 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

This.

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/16/22 09:57 PM

You are sounding like a future candidate kid. I'd vote for you. Contact me if you need a social media consultant. I know a guy.
Posted By: pertnear

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/16/22 10:20 PM

For sure, I'll vote for the Republican candidate whoever wins the primary. Abbott does seem kinda wishy-washy & I thinks Huffines or West could do a better job. But Butt-o scares me. There are plenty of liberal idiots around that want Butt-o as gov. This makes me very Leary of having any other lesser name recognized Republicans running. From just the bit of reading I've been doing, I like what Huffines has to say, but most folks have never heard of him. Texas can't afford to to take a chance on a dark horse so Abbott will probably get the nod as best choice.

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/16/22 10:28 PM

or people who are afraid of beto will do will vote for the Republican no matter what...or who

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/16/22 10:34 PM

Could we please refer to him as "Irish Bob" from here on out? It would help me a great deal.

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/16/22 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Could we please refer to him as "Irish Bob" from here on out? It would help me a great deal.

West called him Bob Frank

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/16/22 10:55 PM

If I could hang a dead rabbit around his neck, I would.

[Linked Image]

Mick.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/17/22 12:44 AM

^^^THIS

What a lot of people have forgotten about the Constitutional Carry bill is that they wouldnt bring it to a vote. They kept saying they didnt have the votes to pass it and I kept saying put it to a vote so we can see who to vote out in the next election. Within days of saying they didnt have the votes they all the sudden had the votes and passed it. What changed??????......Well it became pretty clear that Allen West was about to jump in the race and they knew they better do something big.

Abbott is no hero when it comes to passing that. In my opinion he didnt want it even brought to a vote.
Posted By: luv2brode

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/17/22 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by JCB

^^^THIS

What a lot of people have forgotten about the Constitutional Carry bill is that they wouldnt bring it to a vote. They kept saying they didnt have the votes to pass it and I kept saying put it to a vote so we can see who to vote out in the next election. Within days of saying they didnt have the votes they all the sudden had the votes and passed it. What changed??????......Well it became pretty clear that Allen West was about to jump in the race and they knew they better do something big.

Abbott is no hero when it comes to passing that. In my opinion he didnt want it even brought to a vote.

^^^^^^^ this

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/17/22 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
You are sounding like a future candidate kid. I'd vote for you. Contact me if you need a social media consultant. I know a guy.

a chicken in every pot peep
or in Normls case, pot for every chicken....
Posted By: yotehater

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/17/22 11:12 AM

Have they brought in enough voters to elect beto? That's the plan. Look where the newest Texans are from.

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/18/22 11:42 AM

Where are new Texans coming from?
According to the research paper, Los Angeles County, topped U.S. counties as the main source for new Texans in 2020, representing 3.1% of all migrations to the state, with Maricopa County, Arizona and San Diego County, California rounding out the top three, in order.
Posted By: soooo

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/18/22 01:18 PM

No matter who is governor the DPS and NG will help them from the river and to the feds and then they are free to travel about the country.

Those candidates who say otherwise are liars.
Posted By: Inge0071

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/18/22 07:59 PM

Interesting point re Californian's moving to Texas. They broke for Cruz over O'Rorke. The younger Texans and native folks in big cities, broke for O'Rorke.

Allen West is a fighter and a hell of a good speaker. He can beat O'Rorke.

But I'll vote for whomever wins our primary.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/18/22 08:24 PM

I’ll vote for Abbot. No use for Huffines.
Posted By: whnigt

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/18/22 10:31 PM

Huffines has yet to say what he is going to TAX when he does away with property taxes.

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/18/22 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by whnigt
Huffines has yet to say what he is going to TAX when he does away with property taxes.

https://donhuffines.com/property-taxes/
Implement cuts to wasteful programs that don’t serve Texans
Ensure that consumption tax swaps are slow and gradual as property taxes fall significantly. Income taxes are off the table

We have the most creative and innovative minds in Texas. We have the solutions to get the job done and provide relief for hard-working citizens.

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/18/22 11:58 PM

99% of questions, already have an answer. Look on the candidates website or if you have time, grab some popcorn and some friends if you have any, and spend 45 minutes watching 1 of ten candidate forums, that Abbott was invited to but declined.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/19/22 09:19 PM

The 31-member Senate and a 150-member House of Representatives writes the laws and spends the money. The Governor can only sign or veto the Bills. His suggestions may influence legislation, but the individuals in the Senate and House are supposed to represent their people not the Governor.

If you go back and read the past threads, all the candidates on both sides of the aisle have been called in one way or another POS's. In November Republicans will vote for the lessor of the evils that wins their Primary. Democrats will vote for of the lessor the evils that win their Primary. The Independents a growing number will decide who will be elected.

In Texas there is no real Party registration, but in the states that there is, Both the Republican and Democrats are losing numbers and the choice of independent is growing in numbers. In Arizona that number is now 40%, up 10% in the last 3 years.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/20/22 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Reloder28
Have read some disparaging things about Abbott. Makes me wonder just how much of a pretender he really is. I have always voted for the 2A proponents above all. Now, I'm not so sure about him. Endorsement of the NRA may only mean complicit approval of clandestine intent.
I have inside information concerning the fake news "electrical grid failure" of 2020. So, I know that was an intentional power play, no pun intended.
Going to do my political homework for the mid-terms and would love some input, good, bad or indifferent.

What say y'all?

Please share your inside news. No names needed, just info.
How was the "electrical grid failure" of 2020 (I assume you meant 2021) fake news, and how was it used as an intentional power play? And by who? As this is a thread about Abbott, I am guessing he used it as a power play, or someone was using it as a play against Abbott? Or did it have anything to do with Abbott?

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/20/22 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by TCM3

Abbott was elected in 2014. though I believe the Bill died in legislation, I don't recall Abbott championing it much.
Nor did he answer whether or not he'd sign it this time around, until he did sign it.
if we keep falling for political stunts and True conservative legislation is passed only around election time, we'll never go anywhere.

I appreciate the info that you post on things political, I don't have time to find half of the stuff that you dig up.
But what conservative legislation was held off and passed around election time? Maybe in the last year?
I guess the legislature is who you are referring to concerning "legislation is passed only around election time". As Abbott does not pass legislation.

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/20/22 02:12 AM

the constitutional carry bill, mainly. the banning of child gender changes hasnt been passed, nor entertained by the legislature. Abbott has had the pleasure of a fully controlled Republican government since he was elected, and the party's top priorities still don't get passed. He can get any Conservstive bill passed when he wants. The Rino's in the house rarely pass party important legislation, nor does Abbott seem to support any efforts to pass this legislation.
Are workplace vaccine mandates outlawed yet? Yes, there is an EO, but put it through the legislation and make it LAW that you can not force someone to get a shot or medical procedure that they otherwise, wouldn't need to keep a job
We had a chance to get constitutional carry in 2017... And we didn't....
2020: Priorities
https://texasgop.org/priorities/
5 of these didn't get passed, and now in 2022 are Propositions for the People to vote on.
Abbott has had the opportunity advocate to put our property taxes on a 10 year path to Zero since 2014, but now, 8 years later we're voting on it with a ballot proposition because the legislature, Governor and Lt. governor won't recommend it to the legislation.
a proposition to Secure the border via State military resources are on the ballot, Why couldn't, or should I say, wouldnt the state legislature do that?
There is also s proposition on the ballot to add a constitutional amendment to Ban abortion in Texas. WHY couldn't or wouldn't the legislature pass that?

I will say one thing, If I were Governor, I would actively call for the legislation to draw up bills (or constitutional amendments to be voted on by the people) to Fix issues that would need addressed in the state, such as, outlawing abortion, using the US and State constitution to Secure the border etc.. "Get me a bill to fix or uphold (insert problem,issue here), get on my desk with no strings attached and I Will sign it and it will be Law in the state of Texas"

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/20/22 02:18 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/20/22 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
Please share your inside news. No names needed, just info.
How was the "electrical grid failure" of 2020 (I assume you meant 2021) fake news, and how was it used as an intentional power play? And by who? As this is a thread about Abbott, I am guessing he used it as a power play, or someone was using it as a play against Abbott? Or did it have anything to do with Abbott?

Fake news in the manner in which it was covered by the lame-stream media. The truth was not revealed, imagine that. I cannot divulge any more info as I have 6 months to retire. after that, I can tell you anything you want to know about it.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/20/22 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
The 31-member Senate and a 150-member House of Representatives writes the laws and spends the money. The Governor can only sign or veto the Bills. His suggestions may influence legislation, but the individuals in the Senate and House are supposed to represent their people not the Governor.

If you go back and read the past threads, all the candidates on both sides of the aisle have been called in one way or another POS's. In November Republicans will vote for the lessor of the evils that wins their Primary. Democrats will vote for of the lessor the evils that win their Primary. The Independents a growing number will decide who will be elected.

In Texas there is no real Party registration, but in the states that there is, Both the Republican and Democrats are losing numbers and the choice of independent is growing in numbers. In Arizona that number is now 40%, up 10% in the last 3 years.

DC be on it good. I will say most of the incoming Cali peoples I have met are Republicans choosing to reside here. No knowledge though with the IT transplants. That likely an altogether different story.

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/20/22 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
Originally Posted by dogcatcher

DC be on it good. I will say most of the incoming Cali peoples I have met are Republicans choosing to reside here. No knowledge though with the IT transplants. That likely an altogether different story.

2 new houses went up across from our lease 2 years ago, Cali transplants, they lived in Spring for awhile, then moved up here. Great Conservative people.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/20/22 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone

Wages and salaries in California were and have always been high. In the 70's quite a few of the people we knew moved to California, literallymade their millions and have now retiring and moving back to Texas.
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/21/22 01:54 PM

99% of questions, already have an answer. Look on the candidates website or if you have time, grab some popcorn and some friends if you have any, and spend 45 minutes watching 1 of ten candidate forums, that Abbott was invited to but declined.

I don't buy that. I don't trust what they say on their website or in debates. That's all a sales pitch. I look at how they've voted for the facts. Politicians can't put a spin on a check mark on one of two boxes. Actions speak louder than words.

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/21/22 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by garyrapp55

I don't buy that. I don't trust what they say on their website or in debates. That's all a sales pitch. I look at how they've voted for the facts. Politicians can't put a spin on a check mark on one of two boxes. Actions speak louder than words.

the reputation of career politicians have spoiled it for the ones who will get the job done.
BTW, Huffines, was ranked the most conservative senator in the Texas senate due to his voting record.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/22/22 11:19 PM

Abbott will get my vote. He has the best chance of keeping Texas red, and though he's not perfect, he's close enough for my purposes.

Huffines is a joke. Have you guy's forgot that in 2018, he lost his Senate seat to a no-name democrat?? Handed a seat that had been red for 3 decades to the libs. His inability to actually get anything done in Austin gives him zero credibility.
Posted By: Curly

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/22/22 11:39 PM

Governor Hot Wheels will probably get my vote.

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/23/22 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by dkershen
Abbott will get my vote. He has the best chance of keeping Texas red, and though he's not perfect, he's close enough for my purposes.

Huffines is a joke. Have you guy's forgot that in 2018, he lost his Senate seat to a no-name democrat?? Handed a seat that had been red for 3 decades to the libs. His inability to actually get anything done in Austin gives him zero credibility.

He was ranked the most conservative senator in Texas history, the only reason he couldn't get anything done is the rest of the senate and house are spineless.
Posted By: scottfromdallas

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/24/22 02:08 PM

Abbott sat on it for a few weeks. I remember, I was calling his office telling him if he does sign it I would vote him out. IMO, Abbot has to be dragged to do the right thing and only close to an election year. There is little doubt in my mind that West, Huffines or Prather would be an upgrade. Abbott is a career politician. It’s time for him to go back to the private sector.

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/24/22 04:28 PM

Just wait for Danny Goeb to run things into the ground. You ain't seen nothing yet.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/24/22 08:17 PM

I’ll vote for Abbott. I think he can win, and that’s what I need from him. And, with luck, he won’t screw anything up next term, and can we really ask for more from today’s politicians?

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/24/22 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by 603Country
and can we really ask for more from today’s politicians?

That's why we need to quit electing politicians.

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/25/22 12:47 PM

I’ve been involved in politics. Want to change things? Cash is king. And, I’ve been the guy carrying the cash. No checks please.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/25/22 08:27 PM

Abbott gets the vote.

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/25/22 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Wilhunt
Abbott gets the vote.

But not the nomination bolt
Posted By: Frio Town

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/26/22 12:49 AM

Chad Prather
REPUBLICAN
The New Jersey native is a comedian and entertainer who is campaigning as a political outsider.

This is how he is listed in one Voter Guide. Sorry but I don't need a yankee comedian & entertainer for my Texas Governor. Go Abbott.

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/26/22 01:15 AM

Going by that standard, i hope you don't vote for Dan Patrick
Posted By: Frio Town

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/26/22 01:30 AM

Don't loose sleep over that. Mr. Goeb talks too much to suit me. As you know he is from Maryland or somewhere up in that area. Oh, I vote the first day of early voting so my ballot has been cast.

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/26/22 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Frio Town

Don't loose sleep over that. Mr. Goeb talks too much to suit me. As you know he is from Maryland or somewhere up in that area. Oh, I vote the first day of early voting so my ballot has been cast.

I won't.
I respect everyone's decision for who to vote for, i just want to make sure people know as much as possible about other candidates as possible so they can be informed. up
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/26/22 07:36 AM

It will be Abbott and Beto in the general election. Hopefully, republican idiots don't write in their primary loser that they worship, and torpedo the election for the rest of us.

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 02/26/22 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Frio Town

Being an informed voter isn't always gleaned from their websites.

https://www.austinchronicle.com/the-dan-patrick-files/

Who is Dan Patrick?

He's the former Danny Goeb, a Baltimore-born sportscaster (not to be confused with the much nicer Dan Patrick formerly of ESPN) who reinvented himself as the burning radical of Texas' religious right.

Patrick has made a career out of getting little done, but doing it loudly, and getting promoted because of it. In his first term in the Texas senate, he passed the lowest number of bills out of any in his freshman class (three) but made a permanent mark on the Capitol by having "In God We Trust" carved into the Senate wall. Since then, he's loudly pursued every Evangelical conservative talking point, insulted the president, attacked voting rights at every turn, spearheaded the fight on reproductive health care, and refused to share the room with Muslims.

He's been accused of being a snake oil salesman and had his sanity questioned – and that's by ranking members of his own party. In turn, he's accused Gov. Greg Abbott and Speaker Joe Straus of picking on him. And yet, in spite (or maybe because of all that) he's become lieutenant governor of Texas, the second most powerful position in the state.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Dan Patrick. – Richard Whittaker

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 07/18/22 02:41 AM

I’ve been in politics as a lobbyist. Always in the background, by choice, but never as a candidate.

As a former bag man, I can assure you that money talks and BS walks. I’ve known quite a few politicians that would have a beer with me but in public didn’t even recognize me.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 07/23/22 10:05 PM

I guess Beto will win then. He got the most $$
Posted By: Opening Day

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 07/24/22 02:59 AM

He's way better than the fruit loop that's running against him. I think butto is more radical than the clown some call president.
Posted By: maximum

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 07/24/22 05:06 AM

" . . . Hell yes we're gonna take your AR15, your AK47. . "
Baydough O'Dork - the cultural appropriator ^ ^ ^

Anything else need to be said ?

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 07/24/22 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by maximum

I'll vote against Beto
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 07/24/22 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by maximum

I'll vote against Beto

I as well. That’s 2
Posted By: RGG_123

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 08/21/22 06:49 PM

All politicians are pretenders right now.. left, right.. no matter where you look.

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 08/21/22 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by RGG_123
All politicians are pretenders right now.. left, right.. no matter where you look.

and that's why i didn't vote for any politicians.
Posted By: RGG_123

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 08/23/22 02:35 AM

boring... next topic....
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 09/25/22 02:13 AM

popcorn

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 09/25/22 02:18 PM

I'm also voting "against" the Beto dork.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 09/26/22 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by RGG_123

and that's why i didn't vote for any politicians.

Well we need your vote this time!!! So please vote for the Conservative nomination against Beto,
Posted By: gtrich94

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 09/26/22 07:00 PM

Is it just me, or did Beto change the pronunciation of his name this time around. When he was running for president, everyone called him Bayyyyto. This time it sounds like they are calling him Bheto in all of his TV ads.

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 09/26/22 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by gtrich94
Is it just me, or did Beto change the pronunciation of his name this time around. When he was running for president, everyone called him Bayyyyto. This time it sounds like they are calling him Bheto in all of his TV ads.

There's no telling with that dirtbag.

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 09/26/22 08:26 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 09/26/22 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by gtrich94

That's only because of bunch of white people didn't know how to pronounce his nickname for a while, many pronounced it that way not knowing any better. I still call him Joto, pronounced HOTO.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 09/26/22 08:30 PM

F - Robert Francis O'Dork. Dumbazz overshot his skis. Should have tried for Mayor or something.

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 09/26/22 08:36 PM

He should run for Texas State Cartel Negotiator, since he's so in-tune with the people and such.

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 09/26/22 08:59 PM

Have they debated yet?
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 09/27/22 04:32 AM

Not yet, this Friday is the only scheduled debate.

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 09/27/22 09:48 PM

Sumbitch has never even had a real job and thinks he can run Texas.

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 09/27/22 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Davidson

Same with Beto.
peep

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 09/29/22 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Dave Davidson

He worked in a private practice before he moved into politics.
Posted By: stillhntr

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 09/29/22 02:08 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 10/12/22 08:30 PM

Beto
Fake Mexican
Real pendejo

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 10/13/22 12:33 PM

FBO
Posted By: QMC SW/EXW

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 10/15/22 11:37 PM

At this stage of the game you have 2 choices: Abbott or Bobby O'Dork. I am not a huge Abbott fan but there is no way in hell I could ever vote for O'Dork. For me the choice is easy.
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 10/16/22 01:57 PM

Abbott - can't get it right every time, but he keeps the ship sailing in a steady, mostly positive direction.

Re: Abbott for Governor? - 10/16/22 03:10 PM

QMC, I feel the same way. I think we have gotten to the point where we vote against ideas instead of for individuals. Politically, I’m a right wing conservative.

I was once an unpaid lobbyist. That’s a fancy word for a guy who hauls cash to Austin to help with “campaign expenses”. Since it was cash, there were no expenses to report against it. So it was a bribe. A receipt was neither offered nor expected. I did it more than once and never talked to the recipient.

It happens every day; all day. I have very few illusions that our elected representatives are looking out for OUR best interests.

Think of Senator John Cronyn. He has made a life long career out of politics. Can anybody think of anything he has ever done for you or me? He mostly holds the line against the liberals. That’s not a real bad thing.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum