Texas Hunting Forum

Wayne May Have Lied

Posted By: soooo

Wayne May Have Lied - 12/23/21 01:55 PM

View this email in your browser

Dear reader,

Today we published a new installment in Mike Spies’s long-running series with The New Yorker about financial mismanagement at the National Rifle Association. It shows that CEO Wayne LaPierre made dubious statements under oath during the NRA’s bankruptcy proceedings earlier this year.

LaPierre testified that he used a contractor’s yacht in the summer of 2013 because his life was in imminent danger. He described the boat as a “security retreat” and the only place he could feel safe after the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School the previous December. But Mike found out that the 2013 trip — the first of six annual summer voyages on the yacht in the Caribbean — coincided with the wedding of LaPierre’s niece Colleen Sterner at Atlantis Bahamas, on Paradise Island.

LaPierre also hired Sterner to assist with fundraising at the NRA. Under oath, he described his niece’s contributions in ways that confounded former NRA employees, who told Mike she made minimal contributions to the gun group’s fundraising efforts. “Colleen was not involved in the planning of, or participation in, any event or donor visits,” one former coworker said about a specific conference in Las Vegas that Sterner attended. “If she and her husband were there, neither of them had a hand in helping coordinate donor activities, events, or soliciting items for the annual auction.”

Your donation made this important investigation possible. Thank you for being a member of The Trace.

If you you would like to make an additional gift to sustain our reporting, you can do so here.
In response to Mike’s reporting, an NRA spokesperson said Sterner was coordinating “behind the scenes,” and that her work was crucial to the event’s success. “The NRA understands that Mr. LaPierre answered truthfully about his travel to and use of the yacht,” said William A. Brewer III, the lawyer who represents the organization. “Any suggestion to the contrary is reckless and misleading.”

Today’s story adds a new layer to the NRA’s ongoing legal troubles, but it’s unclear how things will develop. The gun group’s attempt to escape New York by filing for bankruptcy failed in May. Meanwhile, the New York attorney general’s suit to dissolve the nonprofit, which is based largely on Mike’s groundbreaking 2019 reporting, is ongoing.

— Tali Woodward, editor in chief
Posted By: JimBridger

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 12/23/21 06:38 PM

dead_horse
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 12/24/21 05:37 AM

Who [censored] cares? Bigger things going on right now. Do you have any thoughts of your own or are you only going to provide links in each and every one of your posts?
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 12/24/21 06:09 AM

The NRA is the only game in town for federal legislation. They are a powerhouse in Washington. Not supporting them, if you're a firearm owner and want to keep them, is foolish. I don't give two rips about their internal issues. I just don't want liberal hippy sons of bitches to legislate my ownership away. The NRA is the best money spent to accomplish that task.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 12/24/21 01:22 PM

NRA, Wayne and Team can go pfhuck themselves. Worthless liars.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 12/24/21 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
NRA, Wayne and Team can go pfhuck themselves. Worthless liars.

I concur….. mad

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 12/25/21 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
Who [censored] cares? Bigger things going on right now. Do you have any thoughts of your own or are you only going to provide links in each and every one of your posts?

From an anti gun organization to boot! bang
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 12/26/21 01:53 PM

Agree with NTXTrapper. Only game in town.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 12/26/21 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
The NRA is the only game in town for federal legislation. They are a powerhouse in Washington. Not supporting them, if you're a firearm owner and want to keep them, is foolish. I don't give two rips about their internal issues. I just don't want liberal hippy sons of bitches to legislate my ownership away. The NRA is the best money spent to accomplish that task.

Well ya nailed that one!!!. X2

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 12/26/21 06:17 PM

Tell me what they have done for gun rights in the last 12 months?
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 12/26/21 11:58 PM

legislate my ownership away

This will not happen to me while I’m still standing. Period, Look at Australia

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 12/27/21 03:09 PM

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20211217/nra-ila-winter-2021-litigation-newsletter
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 12/27/21 03:36 PM

I’m out on the NRA

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 12/27/21 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Pappybear

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20211217/nra-ila-winter-2021-litigation-newsletter

roflmao roflmao

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 12/28/21 12:18 AM

Arguing 2nd Amendment cases in front of the Supreme Court may be a laughing matter to you but it tells me your completely out of touch with reality.

You never did answer my question in a previous thread when I asked you; What Gun Rights group do you support?

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 12/28/21 02:37 PM

The NRA has not done crap in the last 12 months except try and saves their azzes. Wayne is a fraud and an idiot.

Keep sending your money to them..."a fool and their money are soon parted"!

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 12/28/21 02:43 PM

O[quote=TXGUNNER308]The NRA has not done crap in the last 12 months except try and saves their azzes. Wayne is a fraud and an idiot.[/quote

Just what I expected! Nothing but Hot air!

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 12/28/21 03:07 PM

O[quote=TXGUNNER308]The NRA has not done crap in the last 12 months except try and saves their azzes. Wayne is a fraud and an idiot.[/quote

Just what I expected! Nothing but Hot air!

Yep...Wayne has done a great job of blowing up your azz.

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 12/28/21 03:28 PM

dead_horse
Posted By: leswad

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 12/29/21 04:50 PM

I am an Endowment NRA member, and my last donation went to GOA.
Posted By: FamousAmos

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 12/29/21 08:00 PM

I stopped sending money to the NRA many years ago.

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 12/31/21 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Well ya nailed that one!!!. X2

Some folks have such short memories about how restrictive firearms legislation was in the past. The NRA was the driving force to undo a significant portion of it all across our country. The article quoted is from The New Yorker, a liberal media source that is overall 77% left in media bias according to https://www.allsides.com/news-source/new-yorker. Shocking they would discredit the NRA in any way they can. Stop being manipulated if you want to keep your guns.

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 12/31/21 04:04 PM

To all you NRA haters; tell us about all of the 2nd amendment victories that were influenced solely by another 2nd Amendment advocacy group.
The NRA has been and still is the most influential organization in protecting our 2nd Amendment rights. No other 2nd Amendment advocacy group comes close.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 01/01/22 03:41 AM

The NRA is kind of like the USA...
The idea and people are great, its just the leadership seems to lack spine/integrity sometimes.

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 01/01/22 11:00 PM

Hey Pappybear...what TCM3 said ^^^. This has been my point all along!
Continue to slurp your Kool-Aid!!!

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 01/02/22 01:45 AM

Just another deflection. I’m sure you’ll continue to complain while doing nothing to support the 2nd Amendment.
Posted By: blkt2

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 01/02/22 02:25 AM

This pretty much demonstrates the problem with the NRA. Most of the things on the list you sent a link to are not things that the NRA did, they are things that other groups did and once they did the work the NRA rushes in and tries to get their name linked to it.

The NRA is there to represent the interest of it's members but that has taken a back seat to WLP trying his best to cling to power and keeping his face buried in the money trough. WLP needs to step aside because he is drawing to much heat and clouding the waters for the members. I stopped giving money to them and will not renew my membership with WLP still being a part of the day to day running's of the NRA.
Posted By: GNTX

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 01/02/22 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by blkt2

This pretty much demonstrates the problem with the NRA. Most of the things on the list you sent a link to are not things that the NRA did, they are things that other groups did and once they did the work the NRA rushes in and tries to get their name linked to it.

The NRA is there to represent the interest of it's members but that has taken a back seat to WLP trying his best to cling to power and keeping his face buried in the money trough. WLP needs to step aside because he is drawing to much heat and clouding the waters for the members. I stopped giving money to them and will not renew my membership with WLP still being a part of the day to day running's of the NRA.

What he said. Not another penny from me while WLP is still in charge.

GOA and FPC get my donations at this time.

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 01/02/22 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

Not just posting links. Posting the entire article text which is a violation of copyright. Doesn’t matter if you agree or not with the source, they still have copyrights to their material. I reported this once, but no action was taken.

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 01/02/22 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by TCM3
The NRA is kind of like the USA...
The idea and people are great, its just the leadership seems to lack spine/integrity sometimes.

I haven't given up on my country because we have an addled minded president, because I love my country. I also won't give up on the NRA because they have a douche as a CEO. All the other gun rights groups are jokes to the Senators and Reps and don't have [censored] for influence.

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 01/02/22 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by GNTX

And that’s the same type of reasoning that put a feeble minded anti gun President in the White House.

As far as the assertion that others did the work that the NRA took credit for, did they have the clout to reach a favorable outcome without the NRA’s backing?

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 01/02/22 05:09 PM

Just another deflection. I’m sure you’ll continue to complain while doing nothing to support the 2nd Amendment.

Get off your high horse DB. Just face it, NRA leadership is a joke. You don’t see other pro rights gun groups facing scrutiny. Who I support is none of your business.

Slurp, slurp, slurp!!!

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 01/02/22 05:31 PM

You never offer any substance in your childish responses, just deflection, 4 letter slurs and gibberish.

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 01/02/22 09:07 PM

You never offer any substance in your childish responses, just deflection, 4 letter slurs and gibberish.

Neither have you! I don’t have to justify my comments to the likes of you. Move on, you’re dismissed.

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 01/02/22 09:52 PM

PFFT
Posted By: blkt2

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 01/03/22 05:43 AM

^^^ If you believe that members or former members of the NRA questioning their support for the NRA ( an organization that has had decades-long issues of corruption) is the reason why Biden is sitting in the white house then you must think like a woman or a Democrat.

Most of the NRA's problems would disappear overnight if Wayne LaPierre stepped down but he won't because he has wrapped the organization around himself to benefit himself and to enrich himself. The NRA no longer represents its members and while the NRA may have had some political clout it is being squandered buying favors to keep Wayne LaPierre's butt out of prison.

Other gun organizations have realized that where we want to be will never be achieved through legislation and it will only be achieved by going through the courts. The NRA cockblocks as best as the can but will be grudgingly write a letter of support for the other organizations goals once it's become apparent that the other organizations have some power that the NRA can no longer control. Meanwhile WLP and the NRA stick with meaningless posturing and rhetoric.

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 01/03/22 03:31 PM

blkt2, you misunderstood what I meant by the reason Biden is President comment.
It is not the questioning by NRA members or former members. They should let their feelings be known to the NRA directly. As a Patron Life member of the NRA I have made it know to the NRA that I am concerned over the allegations against Wayne LaPierre and called for his resignation as Executive Vice President. I don’t however condemn the entire organization. I continue to give them my support because of the greater good they have done and still do for hunters, law enforcement agencies and law abiding gun owners.
I believe that Lt. Col. Oliver North feels the same way. Lt. Col. North is credited for bring the problems with Wayne LaPierre to the attention of the membership and as a result he resigned as the NRA President yet he still remains as an elected member of the board of directors. Semper Fi

The OP posted an article published by an anti- gun organization which stated that Wayne LaPierre may have lied. This is exactly the tactics that the Democrats have used before to eliminate their biggest threats.
Remember Harry statement that he heard that Mitt Romney hadn’t paid taxes for the past 10 years. It was a total lie but the media broadcasted it like it was the truth. The Russia Gate conspiracy and Covid were used effectively against President Trump to sway voters. The results of these smears help put the babbling fool Biden in the White House.
I’ve posted facts about the NRA’s accomplishments. All of the NRA opposition stated in this thread has been nothing but rhetoric.
I asked for specific accompaniments of the other pro 2nd Amendment groups. The answer was crickets followed by more rhetoric.
For the record I am a member of GOA, NAGR, and the 2nd Amendment Foundation. I have not found any of these other groups to be as effective as the NRA. This may come in time but it hasn’t yet.

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 01/03/22 06:38 PM

Harry Reid’s statement on the floor of congress

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 01/03/22 07:39 PM

Know your enemy is a concept beyond the comprehension of some,it seems to me. I found The Trace while searching for info on why Oliver North resigned and what role Lapew played. I've never been impressed by Wayne. Never.

I joined in June of 1970. Went Life in about '76, and have been a Benefactor for several years. I haven't left the NRA, but the NRA has been leaving me for some years and I don't like it.

And Trump is no longer POTUS. But he and Wayne are buddies. stir

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 01/03/22 08:05 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 01/05/22 03:30 PM

THIS ^^^^^

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 01/06/22 06:41 PM

Not new but worth reading:
https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/the-tragic-mess-that-is-todays-nra/384636

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 01/22/22 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by GNTX

More details about WLP’s malfeasance in this video…

https://youtu.be/5H3Ojbxzr9o
Posted By: Earl

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 01/22/22 11:32 PM

I've got a life membership...I hate WLP and wish he'd go away (kind of like Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Shumer and Jerry Jones) but all for different reasons. I'm younger than them all so just will outlive their asses and be happy....would trade the whole lot of them to have my Dad back though....hell I'd trade the whole lot of them just to get Meat Loaf back.

Earl

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 06/02/22 11:00 PM

We’re about to find out how gun owners not supporting the NRA works out for them.

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 06/03/22 01:31 AM

We’re about to find out how gun owners not supporting the NRA works out for them.

up

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 06/03/22 10:12 AM

NRA is an eff’n joke and a money grab with WLP at the helm. Not another dime from me.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 06/03/22 02:56 PM

My 5 year membership is due for renewal. I’d more inclined to renew if WLP was sent down the road.
Haven’t heard anything from NRA recently.
Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: Wayne May Have Lied - 06/03/22 06:58 PM

Nailed it.

Also, do you think our opponents are not all a bunch of crooks? As hard as they are digging and trying to reduce the credibility of the NRA, this is the best they can do.

We should cash mob the NRA if anything. And demand GUN CONTROL REFORM, in opposition to “gun reform”.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum