Where can you carry? - 06/07/21 11:48 AM

This lays it out pretty well:

https://txhga.org/texas-ltc-information/where-can-you-carry/
Posted By: JimBridger

Re: Where can you carry? - 06/07/21 10:05 PM

A handy easy to follow chart. Thanks for posting up
Posted By: savoyspecial1

Re: Where can you carry? - 06/08/21 03:58 PM

law has been changed on public school premises. Law allows you to carry in your vehicle on school property but gun must stay in your vehicle. This is for picking kids up from school and things like that. If you get out of your vehicle gun must stay in your vehicle
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Where can you carry? - 06/08/21 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by savoyspecial1
law has been changed on public school premises. Law allows you to carry in your vehicle on school property but gun must stay in your vehicle. This is for picking kids up from school and things like that. If you get out of your vehicle gun must stay in your vehicle

I don't know about the new law, but previously, a school premises is defined as inside of a school building. Meaning you could carry up to the front door to get your kid as long as you did not go inside.
Posted By: booskay

Re: Where can you carry? - 06/08/21 05:09 PM

GREAT POST !!!! Clears a lot of the fog.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Where can you carry? - 06/08/21 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by booskay
GREAT POST !!!! Clears a lot of the fog.

Clear as Mud, right?
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Where can you carry? - 06/09/21 02:22 PM

Carry guide as exists now and after Sept. 1st (with Constitutional Carry)

https://cdn.brandfolder.io/5Z10RK5F/at/3grj768k34x5pqmmvhpc85c/TXCC-Guide-Single-Pg-Digital.pdf
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Where can you carry? - 06/09/21 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by flintknapper
Carry guide as exists now and after Sept. 1st (with Constitutional Carry)

https://cdn.brandfolder.io/5Z10RK5F/at/3grj768k34x5pqmmvhpc85c/TXCC-Guide-Single-Pg-Digital.pdf

Nice, magnetic vehicle holsters are now legal in the open, If I read that correctly.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Where can you carry? - 06/10/21 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Pappybear
A handy easy to follow chart. Thanks for posting up
Posted By: Earl

Re: Where can you carry? - 06/10/21 01:14 AM

Interesting...so just a verbal you can't carry here or any old sign works to exclude carrying for unlicensed persons, but for licensed carriers we only have to abide by legal 30.06 and 30.07 signs..another plus for not giving up the LTC.

And though I could never dream of it happening to me, I wasn't aware that LTC holders are allowed "Oopsies" at an airport...never had an Oopsie thank goodness.

Earl
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Where can you carry? - 06/10/21 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Earl
Interesting...so just a verbal you can't carry here or any old sign works to exclude carrying for unlicensed persons, but for licensed carriers we only have to abide by legal 30.06 and 30.07 signs..another plus for not giving up the LTC.

And though I could never dream of it happening to me, I wasn't aware that LTC holders are allowed "Oopsies" at an airport...never had an Oopsie thank goodness.

Earl

That would be a Coach Switzer moment at the airport.
© 2022 Texas Hunting Forum