Texas Hunting Forum

Nra

Posted By: luv2brode

Nra - 01/24/21 12:55 AM

Who still feels these guys are still worth being a part of?
I am thinking of joining again just due to wanting to take some bra courses.
Do ya think they will get better in the republic of texas?
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: Nra - 01/24/21 01:14 AM

I still think so.

Love them or hate them, they are the big dog in the fight for our 2nd Amendment Rights and also the oldest civil rights organization in America.

Yes, they will be better after moving incorporation to Texas.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
NRA Life Member since 1998
Posted By: Greg

Re: Nra - 01/24/21 03:50 AM

Kinda agree with Leon. I’d bet if they went away your guns would quickly follow. Not sure upper management is the best or how they use all the funds, but I think the NRA as a whole is a good thing for those supporting 2A
Posted By: Erny

Re: Nra - 01/24/21 04:13 AM

I am a member of the NRA and have bee for 30 years. Yes they have problems but they are a big voice in protecting the 2nd amendment.
Posted By: blkt2

Re: Nra - 01/24/21 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Erny
I am a member of the NRA and have bee for 30 years. Yes they have problems but they are a big voice in protecting the 2nd amendment.

Every gun law on the books that I don't like has the NRAs finger prints all over it.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Nra - 01/24/21 02:33 PM

I have been a member for 20 years. Sorry, no longer a supporter. Where the hell have they been for the last 6 months. Not a peep from them. They can have their life time membership back.
Posted By: soooo

Re: Nra - 01/24/21 03:29 PM

Joined in June of 1970 as a junior member. Currently an endowment member. Wayne needs to go, of that I'm certain, along with all who support him. Neal Knox kept him honest for a while, but sadly passed.

There have been compromises I didn't like, but politics is a dirty business and I don't know what happens in those "smoke filled rooms". I have a strong disdain for all politicians, even the ones with whom I agree.
But the NRA is still the lead dog, and as has been stated, if they go away it won't be good for our rights.
Posted By: RedRaider13

Re: Nra - 01/24/21 05:30 PM

I’m a NRA Patron Life Member, have been for years. Yes, the NRA has had a big voice in our defense of the second amendment, over the years they have done a lot of good. Unfortunately they have been compromised by poor corrupt leadership not only Wayne Lapierre, but also several of the board members - ie Marion Hammer. They have siphoned millions of dollars form the organization.

Because of this corruption, they were a non factor in this past election cycle, and part of the reason we are where we are today. The NRAs move to Texas, without a full change in leadership will have no positive outcome for anyone but it’s leaders. We need the NRA, and the NRA needs new leaders!

I have joined and now send all of my second amendment donations to the Second Amendment Foundation.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Nra - 01/24/21 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by RedRaider13
I’m a NRA Patron Life Member, have been for years. Yes, the NRA has had a big voice in our defense of the second amendment, over the years they have done a lot of good. Unfortunately they have been compromised by poor corrupt leadership not only Wayne Lapierre, but also several of the board members - ie Marion Hammer. They have siphoned millions of dollars form the organization.

Because of this corruption, they were a non factor in this past election cycle, and part of the reason we are where we are today. The NRAs move to Texas, without a full change in leadership will have no positive outcome for anyone but it’s leaders. We need the NRA, and the NRA needs new leaders!

I have joined and now send all of my second amendment donations to the Second Amendment Foundation.

Drain the NRA swamp
Posted By: luv2brode

Re: Nra - 01/24/21 09:40 PM

I hear ya all, when I did a membership years ago they pushed an agenda of banning "armor piercing ammo" stating it was at request of Leo's. I had to write a letter as many others must have done as the dropped the issue.
I was really surprised how they could be pro gun and push for restrictions.
And then they were happy to not get involved in the bump stock issue

Guess like others I'll be joining using it as needed and hope the failures at the top get weeded out
I am a firm believer that any compromise is a failure citizens should be as well armed as the govt
Posted By: glazer1972

Re: Nra - 02/28/21 02:34 AM

We’d be better off without Suits and the Cat Lady but I’m afraid their entrenched till death.
Posted By: Dub32

Re: Nra - 03/01/21 06:43 AM

Agree, better off with them. No other organizations sitting in wait to help defend 2a
Posted By: JimBridger

Re: Nra - 03/02/21 01:26 AM

I’m a Patron Life Member of the NRA. I haven’t always agreed with issues they’ve supported ,but, recognize that they have the most clout of any gun organization. If every gun owner belonged to the NRA your rights to gun ownership would never be in question.
For the record I supported Lt Col. Oliver North when he exposed the NRA’s swamp.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum