Texas Hunting Forum

Listen to this idiot.

Posted By: GLC

Listen to this idiot. - 12/09/20 06:43 PM

This is a new bill in Texas.

Danny Jackson
2StSponso0riechdmf ·
In Texas, State Representative Terry Meza (D-Irving) has introduced HB196. Her bill would repeal the state's "castle doctrine." This doctrine allows a homeowner to use deadly force against an armed intruder who breaks into his home.
Now listen to what she has to say...
"I'm not saying that stealing is okay," Meza explained. "All I'm saying is that it doesn't warrant a death penalty. Thieves only carry weapons for self-protection and to provide the householder an incentive to cooperate. They just want to get their loot and get away. When the resident tries to resist is when people get hurt. If only one side is armed fewer people will be killed."
Meza was quick to reassure that her bill "would not totally prevent homeowners from defending themselves.
Under the new law the homeowner's obligation is to flee the home at the first sign of intrusion. If fleeing is not possible he must cooperate with the intruder. But if violence breaks out it is the homeowner's responsibility to make sure no one gets hurt. The best way to achieve this is to use the minimum non-lethal force possible because intruders will be able to sue for any injuries they receive at the hands of the homeowner."
"In most instances the thief needs the money more than the homeowner does," Meza reasoned. "The homeowner's insurance we reimburse his losses. On balance, the transfer of property is likely to lead to a more equitable distribution of wealth. If my bill can help make this transfer a peaceful one so much the better."
Posted By: SherpaPhil

Re: Listen to this idiot. - 12/09/20 06:54 PM

This is satire.

https://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Opi...-semi-satire-december-6-2020-edition.htm
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Listen to this idiot. - 12/09/20 07:16 PM

Glad I have a hearing problem.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Listen to this idiot. - 12/09/20 07:25 PM

She is living proof of why one of our nation's greatest mistakes was to create voting districts that will ensure idiots like her can be elected to public office.
Posted By: Ox190

Re: Listen to this idiot. - 12/09/20 07:25 PM

It's a real bill that's been proposed. It will get shot down but it's incredibly stupid for a politician to think I should have to retreat from my home rather than defend it.
Posted By: TSU99

Re: Listen to this idiot. - 12/09/20 07:34 PM

Too many heads up too many asses...
Posted By: Espy

Re: Listen to this idiot. - 12/09/20 07:45 PM

Not satire look under my post in gun legislation. HB196
Posted By: SherpaPhil

Re: Listen to this idiot. - 12/09/20 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Espy

Not satire look under my post in gun legislation. HB196

The bill is real, but her comments are not.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Listen to this idiot. - 12/09/20 11:25 PM

How does someone like this get elected?
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Listen to this idiot. - 12/09/20 11:47 PM

They walk amongst us.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Listen to this idiot. - 12/10/20 04:21 AM

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...-stir-ahead-of-2021-legislative-session/
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Listen to this idiot. - 12/10/20 10:10 PM

Perhaps someone should openly share her home address with as many known criminals as possible....

Reap as you sow as it were.....probably include a stand-down order for any law enforcement agencies in the area
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: Listen to this idiot. - 12/10/20 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Perhaps someone should openly share her home address with as many known criminals as possible....

Reap as you sow as it were.....probably include a stand-down order for any law enforcement agencies in the area

x2
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Listen to this idiot. - 12/11/20 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

I hope they keep poking the bear. The way things are headed with these people, violence may be the only option to save our Country. Nothing will change until liars, criminals, and traitors are held accountable, and that includes the propaganda machines on TV & social media. That includes our elected officials, like in the OP.

Ronald Reagan said it well, and he was right.

Posted By: retfuz

Re: Listen to this idiot. - 12/11/20 04:27 PM

And I thought the Mexican government was corrupt....
Posted By: CatchinBass

Re: Listen to this idiot. - 12/12/20 07:18 PM

Wow
Posted By: RANGERRONG

Re: Listen to this idiot. - 12/12/20 08:01 PM

crazy Bit--
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Listen to this idiot. - 12/13/20 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Texas Dan
She is living proof of why one of our nation's greatest mistakes was to create voting districts that will ensure idiots like her can be elected to public office.
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: Listen to this idiot. - 12/13/20 01:43 AM

The course of action I'd suggest is a course of action I can't suggest.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
Posted By: machinist

Re: Listen to this idiot. - 12/13/20 02:09 PM

You won’t find that happening at my house even if the bill were to pass
Posted By: tehachapi

Re: Listen to this idiot. - 12/14/20 10:34 PM

Democrats vote for them.
Posted By: Texas452

Re: Listen to this idiot. - 12/17/20 12:00 PM

We have a winner this crazy b—-h and her constituents will win this years idiot award
We’ll give it to them for the next 10 years it’ll be a while before some other idiot tops this
Posted By: huntingbig8

Re: Listen to this idiot. - 12/17/20 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by LeonCarr
The course of action I'd suggest is a course of action I can't suggest.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

I agree with this guy, we need some martyrs on our side for once.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum