Texas Hunting Forum

new NRA Leader?

Posted By: TCM3

new NRA Leader? - 12/04/20 03:17 PM

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/nra-donaldtrumpjr-waynelapierre-board/2020/12/03/id/999982/
Gun enthusiast Donald Trump Jr. might weigh a run to take over as the head of the National Rifle Association as a way to stay involved in politics after (IF) President Donald Trump leaves the White House, according to sources.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: new NRA Leader? - 12/04/20 09:29 PM

Hmmmm
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: new NRA Leader? - 12/04/20 10:40 PM

Would get my vote. Lifetime membership since 1970.
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: new NRA Leader? - 12/05/20 12:55 AM

Would get my vote also. Life Member since 1998.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: new NRA Leader? - 12/06/20 12:23 PM

I doubt that he would/could end the attacks from the left
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: new NRA Leader? - 12/06/20 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Davidson
I doubt that he would/could end the attacks from the left

No, but he could stop some of the corruption inside

I’d support him
Posted By: Earl

Re: new NRA Leader? - 12/06/20 08:35 PM

I'm a life member too, I don't regret that. But Wayne needs to step down, he should have done so when Ollie tried to make him. It's dieing from within like a gangrenous extremity poisoning the entire body.

Where was the NRA on bump stocks? Quiet. Where were they on the last election? Quiet. Where were they on the Q Honey Badger fiasco and recent movements by the ATF on braces? Quiet. Where were they on the gun grabber bills in Virginia, Texas, Colorado and other states? Quiet.

With millions of dues paying members they should be on the media, all media all the time and in the faces of every politician every damn day. If they spent there money doing this instead of funneling it to Wayne and his cronies and spending it on ridiculous marketing crap - I would again donate to them.

Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: new NRA Leader? - 12/06/20 09:24 PM

Where the f_ck have they been lately? Crickets...?? Worthless IMO.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: new NRA Leader? - 12/07/20 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
Where the f_ck have they been lately? Crickets...?? Worthless IMO.

They are
Posted By: soooo

Re: new NRA Leader? - 12/07/20 02:04 PM

The only news about the NRA I get from the NRA is how they need my money to keep protecting my rights.
According to The Trace the NRA is spending millions to defend the lawsuit in New York and to protect Wayne from tax fraud and abuse of funds.
They also claim that tax records show operating losses for the last four years. Seems odd to me in a time of record employment.

I wish I had more info on the Oliver North situation.
Posted By: DeckArtist

Re: new NRA Leader? - 12/18/20 03:36 AM

I am all for Wayne getting a new line of work. He has taken advantage of the organization and is being paid way more than when he started. The action they take is less than it should be for the money we all send them. I am a life member and have completed the Golden Eagle program. All that said, they are the highest profile organization of their kind and I do not want them to go away, we just need new leadership and more action.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: new NRA Leader? - 12/18/20 07:02 AM

Do not think for an instant that. NY's assault against the NRA is anything but an attempt to make the leadership of the NRA acquiesce. I believe the leadership of the NRA will sell us down the river ina second to avoid jail time.
Posted By: soooo

Re: new NRA Leader? - 12/18/20 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
Do not think for an instant that. NY's assault against the NRA is anything but an attempt to make the leadership of the NRA acquiesce. I believe the leadership of the NRA will sell us down the river ina second to avoid jail time.

The leadership has been less than stellar without the threat . Just sayin'.
Posted By: Earl

Re: new NRA Leader? - 12/18/20 11:44 PM

It's pretty sad that I haven't heard one single solitary peep out of NRA on the entire brace issue. For the first time yesterday when I placed a purchase at Scheels I checked No Thanks on the roundup to NRA. I'm not going to give them another penny until they change management and start fighting like hell.

Earl
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: new NRA Leader? - 12/18/20 11:53 PM

'Used to get inundated with renew early notices years ago. Finally bought a 3 year membership, maybe 6 or 7 years ago. 'Never heard from them again. Idiots.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum