Texas Hunting Forum

GUNS

Posted By: bjh

GUNS - 12/03/20 09:27 PM

Lone Star Gun Rights
Nov 17
2 min read

TX Rep. Terry Meza Files Bill Making it Illegal to Defend Your Home with a Firearm
Democrats filed a barrage of gun control bills for the upcoming legislative session in Texas. Each bill attacks the constitutionally granted rights from various angles. From the "assault weapons" ban to the universal background checks and the red flag laws, each bill intends to undermine the self-defense capabilities of Texans.

However, a very worrying piece of legislation was introduced by Irving State Representative Terry Meza. HB 196 seeks to repeal the Castle Doctrine, preventing a homeowner from using firearms to defend their property.

She believes that homeowners are too eager to pull the trigger when facing armed home invaders.

"I'm not condoning stealing, it is against the law," Meza says, "but it's not an offense that is punishable by death."

Do you support Constitutional Carry? If so, please take 30 seconds and sign this petition. We need your help restoring Gun Rights in Texas!

After making the outrageous remarks, Meza complains that people accused her of being anti-second amendment.

"People are already attacking me on Facebook saying I'm against the 2nd Amendment," she says.

She clarified that homeowners would still be allowed to defend their lives, but not using firearms. Using a firearm to fight an intruder would lead to legal problems for the victim.

If Meza's bill becomes law, homeowners will be required to retreat from their homes when a criminal invades. They will be required to make sure the criminal is not hurt or face charges for defending themselves.

In Meza's view, criminals have more rights than homeowners. Still, she considers her bill to be a "common-sense" gun safety measure that would keep Americans safe.

Other offending bills introduced by Democrats include:

HB 152 and HB 245 banning the private sale of firearms at gun shows;

HB 238 repealing the state's firearm preemption, leading to a patchwork of local gun control laws;

HB 201 prohibits Campus Carry making universities sitting ducks for mass shooters;

HB 127 bans the open carry of long guns;

HB 236 would overhaul the 30.06 and 30.07 signage making it easier for businesses to ban the licensed carry of firearms;

HB 118 prohibits the transfer of firearms between family members by requiring the transferee to obtain an FFL and pay a fee.

HB 164 and HB 395 would enact Red Flag laws in Texas, allowing the confiscation of a person's firearm without due process;

HB 185 is a gun storage law that forces firearm owners to keep their weapons locked away and inaccessible during emergencies;

HB 231 raises the minimum age of purchasing semi-automatic rifles and shotguns to 21;

HB 172 and HB 241 are "assault weapons" bans, prohibiting the ownership or transfer of "commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms";

HB 178 and HB 234 are "high capacity" magazine bans prohibiting ownership, sale, or transfer of
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: GUNS - 12/03/20 09:31 PM

Nothing new. Democrats file crazy anti 2nd amendment laws every single session.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: GUNS - 12/03/20 09:31 PM

It’s nice to see that thieves and home invaders have a new advocate. I guess every politician knows his own constituency best.
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: GUNS - 12/03/20 09:35 PM

Irving................go figure.
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: GUNS - 12/03/20 09:37 PM

If Meza's bill becomes law

With a strong Republican controlled House that bill won't even get out of Committee.
This is just another 'Look at what a good person I am, look what I tried to d but the evil Republicans wouldn't let it happen' publicity stunt.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: GUNS - 12/03/20 09:37 PM

yep
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: GUNS - 12/03/20 09:38 PM

Like I've said many times before, today's dimocrats ARE the enemy of our rights and freedoms.
Posted By: TSU99

Re: GUNS - 12/03/20 09:46 PM

Bring it b!tch
Posted By: TCM3

Re: GUNS - 12/04/20 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by skinnerback
Like I've said many times before, today's dimocrats ARE the enemy of our rights and freedoms.

"Foreign and Domestic
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: GUNS - 12/04/20 12:19 AM

They screw up EVERYTHING they touch!

I’m blown away at how many liberals there are roaming this earth, truly mind blowing
Posted By: yotehater

Re: GUNS - 12/04/20 11:48 AM

Burn the witch at the stake.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: GUNS - 12/04/20 02:46 PM

Maybe some home invaders should visit her at home, then see how she likes it.

I’ve never heard of a home invasion where the perps AREN’T armed.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: GUNS - 12/04/20 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by TCM3

"Foreign and Domestic

mostly domestic these days....
Posted By: redhaze

Re: GUNS - 12/06/20 11:10 AM

From another planet, California?
Posted By: CatchinBass

Re: GUNS - 12/12/20 07:59 PM

Wow
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum