Texas Hunting Forum

NCIC Background checks

Posted By: Marc K

NCIC Background checks - 09/09/20 06:48 PM

Sorry, it's blurry but that's how they post it, and then this board compresses it down in size to make it worse. Link to the original is below where you can zoo in/out..

These numbers are astounding when you picture the thought of trying to get rid of them. Just look at growth curve!

[Linked Image]
NCIC Background checks for gun purchases
Link to original

Marc
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: NCIC Background checks - 09/09/20 07:06 PM

That's a bunch
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: NCIC Background checks - 09/09/20 07:12 PM

That’s a lot of firepower!

I wonder how many were approved?

Re: NCIC Background checks - 09/09/20 08:00 PM

Last I read, it averaged 94-96% approval rate depending upon region. I do not know if is the same now, but generally, folks who know they won't pass, don't try.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: NCIC Background checks - 09/09/20 11:19 PM

No telling how many of those purchased more than one at a time and that doesn’t count purchasers with CHLs.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: NCIC Background checks - 09/10/20 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by krmitchell
No telling how many of those purchased more than one at a time and that doesn’t count purchasers with CHLs.

Yep. I bought 2 last week at the same time.

Re: NCIC Background Checks - 10/04/20 11:07 AM

They published the number of NCIC firearm checks for September. The 2020 total is just over 28,826,000. That number already exceeds the total for all of 2019 which was the biggest year ever - with Oct., Nov. and Dec. still to come.

NCIC Firearms Checks
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: NCIC Background Checks - 10/06/20 09:03 PM

I've run several NICS checks recently, and they have ALL come back "Delayed". They system is over whelmed. Get a CHL/LTC!!
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: NCIC Background Checks - 10/06/20 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by krmitchell

Yep, I walked into my LGS yesterday and picked up a pistol I had ordered from Bud's on Thursday. Showed her my CHL, filled out the paperwork and I was out of there in a little over five minutes. Having a CHL is helpful in more ways than one.
Posted By: Dave Scott

Re: NCIC Background Checks - 10/07/20 07:38 PM

Same here, I don't have any trouble. Bought one of the Ruger wrangler 22lr revolvers. Just got it, haven't shot it yet. I's a cheap gun but that's what I want- something to tote along and no headaches if it gets banged up a bit. I want to regress back to the fine art of tin can shooting.
Posted By: reed35

Re: NCIC Background Checks - 10/12/20 06:29 PM

Plan to use my LTC tomorrow for purchase, gun came in.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum