Texas Hunting Forum

Shipping parts to AK?

Posted By: ZK-315

Shipping parts to AK? - 08/26/20 12:47 AM

I’ve done some light googling and can’t seem to find what I’m looking for. Has anyone shipped gun parts, in this case a stock, to Alaska and what are the legalities of it? I’ve found some things about firearms and receivers, but nothing about other parts. Anyone in the know?
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Shipping parts to AK? - 08/26/20 01:07 AM

It's the United States and your shipping a piece of wood or plastic. Ship the same as you would to any other state in the US. It will probably be to the most expensive shipping zone from Texas. Calculate your options in advance with the weight and dimensions online via the USPS website.

Re: Shipping parts to AK? - 08/26/20 01:30 AM

Awesome. That’s what I was hoping for but wasn’t sure if anything was different with it going to Alaska or not
Posted By: Dennis in Ft Worth

Re: Shipping parts to AK? - 08/26/20 01:16 PM

I lived up there (Eagle River) for 15 years and sent a lot of gun parts, reloading stuff back and forth. My favorite, although a bit more $$, was FedEx. Drop off in Anchorage, overnight plane trip to Memphis, and it's there next day.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Shipping parts to AK? - 08/26/20 07:37 PM

My son lived on Kodiak Island for a few years so we shipped things back and forth from time to time. I almost choked on my tongue the first time I saw shipping costs.

Re: Shipping parts to AK? - 08/27/20 03:01 PM

Well the guy bailed on a stock i was selling when i got him a shipping quote..It was going to add ~$150 haha.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum