Texas Hunting Forum

gun stores

Posted By: Buzzsaw

gun stores - 08/14/19 01:46 PM

i was in LARGE, very well run gun shop last week. ive gotten to know one of the sales guys pretty well and while filling out my "form" , i asked him if they ever refuse to sell someone a gun . he said, several A DAY. he also said the small gun shops will sell to anybody, no matter how "shady" the buyer is., because they are barely staying in business.

i also asked him what would happen if i lied on one of the questions. he said it would be caught in 2 days, BUT, i would already have my gun. hummm

is this one of the gun grabbers loopholes?
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: gun stores - 08/14/19 05:44 PM

"I also asked him what would happen if i lied on one of the questions. he said it would be caught in 2 days, BUT, i would already have my gun."

Your sales guy may be friendly but his knowledge of the subject is limited apparently.
Posted By: chalet

Re: gun stores - 08/14/19 07:48 PM

I quit asking questions at gun store counters a long time ago.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: gun stores - 08/14/19 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
"I also asked him what would happen if i lied on one of the questions. he said it would be caught in 2 days, BUT, i would already have my gun."

Your sales guy may be friendly but his knowledge of the subject is limited apparently.

please expand your statement, I dont follow
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: gun stores - 08/15/19 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

How would they know you lied? If the initial and only background check is performed what would change in two days?
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: gun stores - 08/15/19 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

You fill out a 4473 which stays with the dealer until they are no longer an FFL. After that they get shipped to the ATF in boxes where they are stored uncategorized. Nobody does anything more than the initial NCIS check on the buyer.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum