Texas Hunting Forum

Kiwis Just Say No To Gun Ban

Posted By: DannyB

Kiwis Just Say No To Gun Ban - 06/10/19 01:52 PM

So far those in New Zealand are not giving up their guns. It will be interesting to see how this goes from here.

https://www.libertynation.com/kiwis-just-say-no-to-gun-ban/
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Kiwis Just Say No To Gun Ban - 06/10/19 02:19 PM

Good for them. Hopefully they will win.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Kiwis Just Say No To Gun Ban - 06/10/19 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Choctaw

up
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Kiwis Just Say No To Gun Ban - 06/11/19 02:49 AM

I hope they continue to hold their ground. F that...
Posted By: hornetfan63

Re: Kiwis Just Say No To Gun Ban - 06/11/19 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Choctaw

Me too. Sounds like a civil war brewing.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Kiwis Just Say No To Gun Ban - 06/11/19 09:11 AM

It’s brewing globally.... 2cents
Posted By: leswad

Re: Kiwis Just Say No To Gun Ban - 06/12/19 02:08 AM

clap
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Kiwis Just Say No To Gun Ban - 06/12/19 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by 2Beez
I hope they continue to hold their ground. F that...

up
Posted By: Maddog

Re: Kiwis Just Say No To Gun Ban - 06/15/19 12:36 PM

I wish them all the luck in the world to end this nightmare. I never did understand why taking guns away from honest people would stop bad people from doing crazy things.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Kiwis Just Say No To Gun Ban - 06/16/19 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Maddog
I wish them all the luck in the world to end this nightmare. I never did understand why taking guns away from honest people would stop bad people from doing crazy things.

I agree
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Kiwis Just Say No To Gun Ban - 06/16/19 09:50 AM

You guys just don’t understand the logical reason for gun bans. Neither do I and, like the Kiwis, won’t comply.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Kiwis Just Say No To Gun Ban - 06/16/19 03:24 PM

Elections have consequences.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Kiwis Just Say No To Gun Ban - 06/25/19 12:03 PM

clap
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Kiwis Just Say No To Gun Ban - 07/10/19 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Davidson
You guys just don’t understand the logical reason for gun bans. Neither do I and, like the Kiwis, won’t comply.

No, we do understand the reason for gun bans, and that is why we won't comply. That is why the Kiwis won't comply, because they understand the end game as well.

Part of what has kept this country from becoming a complete banana republic over 250+ years is the fact that the govt and its members know the number of guns and people that would march on Washington is beyond the scope of what the govt and its members would be able to handle.
Posted By: leswad

Re: Kiwis Just Say No To Gun Ban - 07/15/19 11:04 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2019/07/13/world/asia/ap-as-new-zealand-gun-buyback.html

WELLINGTON, New Zealand — Dozens of Christchurch gun owners on Saturday handed over their weapons in exchange for money, in the first of more than 250 planned buyback events around New Zealand after the government outlawed many types of semi-automatics.

Police said they paid more than 430,000 New Zealand dollars ($288,000) to 169 gun owners during the event. The money was paid directly into the bank accounts of gun owners.

New Zealand lawmakers in April rushed through new legislation to ban so-called military-style weapons after a lone gunman killed 51 people at two Christchurch mosques in March.

The government has set aside more than NZ$200 million to buy back weapons such as AR-15 style rifles, although many gun owners remain unhappy with the compensation on offer.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Kiwis Just Say No To Gun Ban - 07/16/19 10:12 PM

Now they only have about 1.5-2 million more to be turned in.........yeah right roflmao
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Kiwis Just Say No To Gun Ban - 07/21/19 01:06 AM

Looks like the Kiwi's are a lot smarter than the Aussies.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Kiwis Just Say No To Gun Ban - 07/21/19 06:45 AM

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/07/less-than-1-participate-in-new-zealand-gun-buyback/

Just one percent of New Zealand’s guns have been turned in after the nation’s ban on semi-automatic rifles and high-capacity magazines.
Approximately 700 guns have been turned in so far, an amount estimated between 0.05 and 0.06 percent, based on officials’ earlier estimates of 1.2 million to 1.5 million total guns of all types in the country, The Washington Post reported.
Posted By: WendlingKnives

Re: Kiwis Just Say No To Gun Ban - 08/02/19 04:13 PM

just wait....its been proposed here many times
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum