Texas Hunting Forum

60,000 bump stocks shreaded

Posted By: hetman

60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 03/27/19 03:14 AM

Fort Worth firearm accessory company shreds 60,000 bump stocks as ban goes into effect

FORT WORTH, Texas — Truck after truck, loaded with packages of bump stocks, arrived at American Shredder in north Fort Worth Tuesday. The trucks were coming from RW Arms, a Fort Worth firearm parts and accessories distributor.

According to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, RW Arms requested the ATF be present as they destroyed millions of dollars worth of bump stocks, bringing them in compliance with the ban on bump stocks that went into effect Tuesday. The ATF believes this might have been the largest supply of bump stocks in the country at 60,000.(link)

I bet some employee kept just 1 bolt or maybe not:

The transfer or possession
of bump stocks will become prohibited under this new amendment to the law, subject to penalty
of up to 10 years in federal prison and $250,000 in fines for each violation.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 03/27/19 03:17 AM

no comment
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 03/27/19 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
no comment
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 03/27/19 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by 2Beez
no comment

Posted By: Ramsey

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 03/27/19 03:57 AM

Never heard of a bump stock until Las Vegas, Do not think this accessory should be illegal
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 03/27/19 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Ramsey
Never heard of a bump stock until Las Vegas, Do not think this accessory should be illegal

It’s not an accessory anymore. The ATF reclassified it as a machine gun.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 03/27/19 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by 2Beez
no comment

Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 03/27/19 10:50 AM

Ridiculous
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 03/27/19 11:40 AM

Hope they don’t ban my belt loop next....
Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 03/27/19 01:11 PM

Does the government have the right to confiscation without compensation?
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 03/27/19 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dry Fire

NO! Nor do they have the right to criminalize ownership. Next the libs might ban all but electric cars and make ownership a felony. Then will the middle portion of the country understand what is happening?!??!?!?!?
Posted By: TCM3

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 03/27/19 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by TEXASLEFTY
Ridiculous
Posted By: gtrich94

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 03/27/19 03:05 PM

And Roberts’s ruling yesterday didn’t help.
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 03/27/19 03:05 PM

it amazes me that millions of taxdollars have been spent to even vote for it.
Now that them things aint legal, i feel a million times safer loser8
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 03/27/19 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by beaversnipe
it amazes me that millions of taxdollars have been spent to even vote for it.
Now that them things aint legal, i feel a million times safer loser8

Worst troll of all time.
Posted By: Jon

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 03/28/19 05:48 PM

The thing that this highlighted for me is the number of people who think bump stocks should have never been allowed, see no use for and are fine that they were "dealt with accordingly"
My point was/is... what happens when they do the same thing to an AR15 or a 30 rd mag or a 1911 pistol or whatever they decide to go after next??
Answer is usually that'll be the match that lights off the fire when people say enough is enough, Armed protest demanding repeal of whatever was deemed illegal, basically leading to armed insurrection. OhhhKaaay.
I call BS on that. Gov will chip away one piece at a time in tiny little bites. Certain types of ammo, certain types of magazines, eventually certain types of firearms, etc.
Not confiscation but illegal to possess. So the next time you're out and about and get found with any of these prohibited items you get locked up.
It may take a while, but they are a patient and cunning group.
That is my fear of how it gets done.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 03/28/19 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jon
The thing that this highlighted for me is the number of people who think bump stocks should have never been allowed, see no use for and are fine that they were "dealt with accordingly"
My point was/is... what happens when they do the same thing to an AR15 or a 30 rd mag or a 1911 pistol or whatever they decide to go after next??
Answer is usually that'll be the match that lights off the fire when people say enough is enough, Armed protest demanding repeal of whatever was deemed illegal, basically leading to armed insurrection. OhhhKaaay.
I call BS on that. Gov will chip away one piece at a time in tiny little bites. Certain types of ammo, certain types of magazines, eventually certain types of firearms, etc.
Not confiscation but illegal to possess. So the next time you're out and about and get found with any of these prohibited items you get locked up.

It's the theory of the frog and boiling water. If you plop a frog into a pot of boiling water, he will jump right out...scalded, but alive. If you put him in a pot of water and slowly bring it to boiling, he won't realize that he is being boiled until it is too late.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 03/29/19 12:52 AM

What bothers me is firearms owners that do not care because they do not have a bump stock, or do not have a need for one, when that is not the point.
Our rights have been infringed.

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 03/29/19 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
What bothers me is firearms owners that do not care because they do not have a bump stock, or do not have a need for one, when that is not the point.
Our rights have been infringed.

Yup.....
Posted By: BubRay

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 03/29/19 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Originally Posted by Jon

It's the theory of the frog and boiling water. If you plop a frog into a pot of boiling water, he will jump right out...scalded, but alive. If you put him in a pot of water and slowly bring it to boiling, he won't realize that he is being boiled until it is too late.

Bingo.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 03/29/19 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by bassfishinglawyer
Originally Posted by Dry Fire

NO! Nor do they have the right to criminalize ownership. Next the libs might ban all but electric cars and make ownership a felony. Then will the middle portion of the country understand what is happening?!??!?!?!?

The ban came from an Executive Order.
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 04/10/19 03:08 AM

On Monday RW arms filed suit on the Federal government under the 5th amendment requesting compensation for the loss of $20 million in product. They also joined a suit filed on March 28th by The Modern Sportsman. We will see where it goes from here.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 04/10/19 03:12 AM

good
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 04/10/19 03:46 AM

Mr. Trump at his finest hour.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 04/10/19 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dalee7892
Mr. Trump at his finest hour.

And we elected that bozo.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 04/10/19 01:32 PM

I guess he is the best Murica had to offer?
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 04/12/19 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308

Yes sir, and that's the sad part. I'm not a fan of any politician including Trump. He was simply the the lesser of two evils. To idolize any politician sets a very dangerous precedent.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 04/12/19 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Choctaw

Yes sir, and that's the sad part. I'm not a fan of any politician including Trump. He was simply the the lesser of two evils. To idolize any politician sets a very dangerous precedent.

You hit the nail on the head. In many past elections that is all we have had to vote for, it's shameful that this is the best they can come up with.

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 04/12/19 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Old Rabbit

You hit the nail on the head. In many past elections that is all we have had to vote for, it's shameful that this is the best they can come up with.

Been that way my whole life with the exception of my first election...Reagans second term.....

Without a doubt in all those 30+ years this one was absolutely the most important to me! While President Trump wasn't my first choice....the alternative would have been disastrous....

I don't agree with everything he's done....but he's done more good in two years than everyone else in 30+ years! I believe this decision will be overturned once it is fully litigated....

We shall see.... 2cents
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 06/01/19 07:34 PM

what is the need for one, okay blast me bang
Posted By: Stub

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 06/01/19 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted by Old Rabbit

Been that way my whole life with the exception of my first election...Reagans second term.....

Without a doubt in all those 30+ years this one was absolutely the most important to me! While President Trump wasn't my first choice....the alternative would have been disastrous....

I don't agree with everything he's done....but he's done more good in two years than everyone else in 30+ years! I believe this decision will be overturned once it is fully litigated....

We shall see.... 2cents

Agree with the Snake. This President is not perfect, but head and shoulders above any other choice and I am Damn Proud I voted for him flag
Posted By: DavidC.

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 06/23/19 01:02 PM

We can make excuses and justify this anyway we want, the bottom line is our government and its politicians have again dictated to us what we can and cannot own, this is dangerous, especially when the subject is as sensitive as firearms, accessories, and their components.
All one has to do is look outside our great country to see the suppression and communist era policies that this kind of liberal feel good legislation creates.
I don't need the state or the federal governments telling me how to live or what to buy, and we are not responsible for someone else's bad behavior, nor should we adjust our llifestyles because of it.
DC

Re: 60,000 bump stocks shreaded - 06/23/19 02:36 PM

Agree....and more frightening to me is just how many “gun people” are willing to give up stuff because they don’t use it...what happens when what they like comes under attack...

Any restrictions on law abiding citizens should be challenged and fought against with every thing we have.

High capacity mags and semi-autos are under assault...say goodbye to most shotguns, rifles, and pistols....

There is no such thing as an assault weapon...there is an assault on weapon owners...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum