Texas Hunting Forum

buying a gun out of state

Posted By: eddie4529

buying a gun out of state - 11/05/18 12:50 AM

im working in north carolina and there was a gun show today would i have been able to buy a handgun rgrough private sell ? i know texas says residents can only buy gun in states adjacent to texas is that for ffl dealers only or private sells as well? thanks
Posted By: eddie4529

Re: buying a gun out of state - 11/05/18 12:51 AM

sorry for the typos, i turned auto correct off and realized its actually pretty useful when you dont wanna keep going back and fixing grammar lol
Posted By: luv2brode

Re: buying a gun out of state - 11/05/18 03:54 AM

well if it is a private sale who would know where and when ya bought it
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: buying a gun out of state - 11/05/18 12:06 PM

I went to the Tulsa gun show about two years ago and I could only by a long gun no hand gun from a FFL. I think that was a OK law. However, I tried to buy one through a private sale but couldn't make the deal. So as said if it's a private sale who would know?
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: buying a gun out of state - 11/05/18 02:33 PM

Being a Texas resident you can only buy a handgun in the state of Texas. You can still buy a handgun gun though, just don't take possession of it. Have the seller ship it to your FFL in Texas and then your FFL can transfer it to you upon your return. I would not recommend buying a handgun from a private seller out of state and try to skirt the law. It would be just dumb luck that something would go wrong and you would get caught (car accidents happen everyday).
Posted By: Okiedog

Re: buying a gun out of state - 11/14/18 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Lakhota
I went to the Tulsa gun show about two years ago and I could only by a long gun no hand gun from a FFL. I think that was a OK law. However, I tried to buy one through a private sale but couldn't make the deal. So as said if it's a private sale who would know?

Federal law, not state.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum