Texas Hunting Forum

Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra

Posted By: mikeydon

Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra - 05/12/18 03:05 AM

Oklahoma Governor vetoes open carry bill late friday afternoon flame
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra - 05/12/18 03:51 AM

That surprises me.....anything in the report as to why? whip
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra - 05/12/18 06:29 AM

The Veto was not for open carry it was for Constitutional Carry, OK already has a law for open carry and concealed carry.

The reason that she gave was that law enforcement and business owners were not for it. The OK Bureau of Investigation was against it as it meant a list of over $4 million in revenue and the lost of 60 jobs do to no license or back ground check would be required. The Governor has nothing to lose as she can not run for reelection do to term limits and the OK legislation is now out of session for the year so they can not over ride the veto. This will be thrown in the lap of the next Governor of OK to deal with.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra - 05/12/18 12:51 PM

Its all about $$
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra - 05/12/18 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By: bigbob_ftw
Its all about $$
Yup......
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra - 05/12/18 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: bigbob_ftw
Its all about $$

up
Posted By: Pupjoint

Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra - 05/13/18 02:26 AM

Yes it is
Posted By: Simp

Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra - 05/15/18 02:44 PM

I wonder how many of us get really nervous at firing ranges because of the inexperience that we see almost every time we go? I know I do.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra - 05/16/18 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Simp
I wonder how many of us get really nervous at firing ranges because of the inexperience that we see almost every time we go? I know I do.

I don't go to any of the public ranges, I haven't been on 15 years. The last time I saw enough, that I decided it was safer to drive to Runnels county and be the only one shooting at our place.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra - 05/16/18 10:38 AM

Our public range is very nice and safe. Lots of range officers keep everyone in line.

Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra - 05/16/18 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

I don't go to any of the public ranges, I haven't been on 15 years. The last time I saw enough, that I decided it was safer to drive to Runnels county and be the only one shooting at our place.

Exactly. Now imagine the people at the range that scares the living bejesus out of us, walking around with a pistol with no training. No thanks.
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra - 05/17/18 03:16 AM

Exactly. Now imagine the people at the range that scares the living bejesus out of us, walking around with a pistol with no training. No thanks.

So people with a LTC, are fully trained?

hammer

Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra - 05/19/18 05:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Superduty

So people with a LTC, are fully trained?

hammer

They've taken the class. That's more training than most of the idiots at the range have under their belt.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Oklahoma governor vetoes open carry bill in defeat for nra - 05/19/18 01:12 PM

The 2nd Amendment is inviolate. That said, this belief that this means anything goes when it to comes every Tom, Dick, and Harry walking around anywhere with a gun with zero training makes no sense and is just reactionary.
Heck, even Wyatt Earp had a rule of checking your pistols in with him in Dodge City.

If NRA or anyone else who says the first priority is safety means it, they would not support this law.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum