Texas Hunting Forum

Yeti drops nra!

Posted By: Spacemonkey

Yeti drops nra! - 04/21/18 11:56 PM

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180421/florida-alert-yeti-drops-nra-foundation

Personally never been a fan. Glad I didn’t give them a dime of my money!
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/22/18 12:41 AM

I started using Yeti Coolers before they were "cool", have several thousand dollars worth. They'll never see another dime of my money, and I was about to buy another 120 qt.
Posted By: JCO

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/22/18 12:59 AM

I sent them a message stating my displeasure at this news. Like skinnerback, I have quite a bit invested in their products. What a shame.
Posted By: Pupjoint

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/22/18 01:41 AM

Where does RTIC stand on their gun philosophy?
No more Yeti at our house either...
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/22/18 01:55 AM

Interesting...
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/22/18 02:02 AM

Yeti...Austin. Go figure.

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/22/18 03:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Longhunter
Interesting...
. Yeah I’m not sure. It’s a shame so many companies are caving to political propaganda
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/22/18 04:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Pupjoint
Where does RTIC stand on their gun philosophy?
No more Yeti at our house either...

Thier business model is pretty much silent...no brostaff, no sponsership, no nothing, and direct to consumer(-bucees) at the cheapest price they feel they can sell for.

Disappointing to hear on Yeti’s part, they have done some great conservation work, unfortunately had to hunt public land with out a gun.
Posted By: Erny

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/22/18 04:18 AM

I read this story. Sorry to hear that, but they will never get another dime of my money.
Posted By: mikei

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/22/18 11:41 AM

Nor mine! mad
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/22/18 12:21 PM

How many hunters use Yeti coolers to store game meat? What a bone head move on their part.

I've got two Yetis and two Pelican coolers. The Pelicans are better. And they make rifle cases also, so clearly they are pro gun.

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/22/18 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
How many hunters use Yeti coolers to store game meat? What a bone head move on their part.

I've got two Yetis and two Pelican coolers. The Pelicans are better. And they make rifle cases also, so clearly they are pro gun.

Yep. Have 5 Yeti's, I'm going to either Pelican or Artic.

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/22/18 01:56 PM

Pelican is U.S.A.

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/22/18 02:10 PM

Pelican is U.S.A.

Pelican it is. up

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/22/18 02:49 PM

Yeah pelican seems to be the way to go! They have always made great products!

I hope yeti takes a big hit financially from this decision!

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/22/18 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Spacemonkey

I hope they go belly up.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/22/18 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: skinnerback

I hope they go belly up.
X2 I was about to buy one for my work truck....it will be a Pelican!
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/23/18 02:01 AM

Originally Posted By: skinnerback
Pelican is U.S.A.

Pelican it is. up

up
Posted By: Opening Day

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/23/18 02:16 AM

I have a yeti tumbler from years back. Their coolers are not all that and now they are kicking hunters in the nuts knowing that the rich folks and sticker seekers will still buy their junk.
Posted By: Jasb

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/23/18 12:43 PM

So Yeti stopped giving the NRA free stuff and the NRA wrote that article...

Piss on the NRA anyway, "jack booted thug" comment turned me off years ago. Turned off Bush as well.

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/23/18 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Jasb

Piss on the NRA anyway, "jack booted thug" comment turned me off years ago. Turned off Bush as well.

No it’s a sales agreement not free. Basically cut them off thier .org program which is basically wholesale pricing.

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/23/18 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted By: Jasb

No it’s a sales agreement not free. Basically cut them off thier .org program which is basically wholesale pricing.

Gotcha
Posted By: Cslate

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/23/18 05:52 PM

i just got off the phone with YETI. They are going to be releasing a statement about this later today. Could be tommorrow but said they hoped that it would be released before the end of the day today. What they did tell me was that this wasn't a political move at all. That they support the 2nd Amendment and the NRA just like they did in 2006 when they started. As their business has grown in the last 12 years they haven't changed how they handled their charitable business side of things since then and the business its self had grown like 200% the last 2 years. So what they are trying to do is rework that side of the business and turn it into more of a bulk pricing type of thing. (may be completely wrong with my understanding of their explanation) They did tell me that the NRA is more than welcome to sign on or continue the relationship or opt out of the new model. They said this happened a month ago and a lot of mis information started going around this weekend. So before you burn your YETI's then lets wait to hear what their statement says.

However if any of you decide you still need to burn your coolers i am in Need of a Tan Yeti Hopper2 and any size of tan Hard cooler haha!
Posted By: JCO

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/24/18 12:37 AM

I emailed Yet yesterday after reading about it on this forum. Always two sides. Below is their response.

We're writing in response to your recent email inquiry.

A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.

Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that "[YETI has] declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities." Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.

Thanks for reaching out to YETI.
Posted By: luv2brode

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/24/18 03:56 AM

Originally Posted By: JCO
I emailed Yet yesterday after reading about it on this forum. Always two sides. Below is their response.

A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.

Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that "[YETI has] declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities." Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.

that's what they have on their facebook too
oh well still wont be seeing my money I have 1 yeti cup got it free for taking truck for test drive and not sure its ever been used

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/25/18 01:25 AM

I got that same response. However I wouldn’t doubt if they are trying to play damage control after realizing the consequences of their action! Curious to see what the nra’s response is to their statement ! Regardless I won’t be buying any of their overpriced junk and will continue to support the nra. They are our best chance at preserving our rights.

Originally Posted By: JCO

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/25/18 02:30 AM

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...r-company-logo/
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/25/18 02:41 AM

Had a call with a a friend of mine today.. he is an NRA board member.. They cancelled a 1000 unit order from the NRA and issued a cease and desist letter for them to stop using the YETI logo in all media formats. Right after the Parkland shooting. Cowering to the anti gun crowd. Note, that the original owners sold controlling interest to a NYC investment corp in 2012. It is a free country of course but the fact is YETI made it's name catering to the hunters, fisherman, guides and outfitters, long before they were hip for soccer moms and yuppies... I predict they will lose more sales than they will gain, especially given there are plenty of other high end coolers on the market such as Taiga, Icehole, RTIC, Grizzly, etc.. that support the orginization that supports the US Constitution in it's entirety.

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/25/18 03:07 AM

Originally Posted By: ccoker
Had a call with a a friend of mine today.. he is an NRA board member.. They cancelled a 1000 unit order from the NRA and issued a cease and desist letter for them to stop using the YETI logo in all media formats. Right after the Parkland shooting. Cowering to the anti gun crowd. Note, that the original owners sold controlling interest to a NYC investment corp in 2012. It is a free country of course but the fact is YETI made it's name catering to the hunters, fisherman, guides and outfitters, long before they were hip for soccer moms and yuppies... I predict they will lose more sales than they will gain, especially given there are plenty of other high end coolers on the market such as Taiga, Icehole, RTIC, Grizzly, etc.. that support the orginization that supports the US Constitution in it's entirety.

It’s getting much better.

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/25/18 03:17 AM

Yep exactly what I figured!
Posted By: pertnear

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/25/18 04:57 AM

Yep...it's beginning to look like Yeti split their britches. hanged

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/25/18 03:21 PM

Nra’s Response!

YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing 'recent events' as the reason - a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7 year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material.

While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts. While Yeti can choose to run from the NRA, they can't run from the facts. Whether this is due to the recent cancellation of the IPO from their NYC owners is a question only they can answer."

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/26/18 12:57 AM

Nra’s Response!

YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing 'recent events' as the reason - a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7 year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material.

While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts. While Yeti can choose to run from the NRA, they can't run from the facts. Whether this is due to the recent cancellation of the IPO from their NYC owners is a question only they can answer."

That is enough for me.

NRA had absolutely zero to do with the Parkland shooting. The FBI and local law enforcement administrators do, however. This looks like an emotional, knee jerk reaction perpetuated by Yankee liberals.
Posted By: Bow hunter 91

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/26/18 01:55 AM

Pelican it is. Even though that I was proud to support fellow red raiders, yeti will no longer see another dime from me.

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/26/18 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Bow hunter 91
Pelican it is. Even though that I was proud to support fellow red raiders, yeti will no longer see another dime from me.

Right now, Pelican is advertising buy a coller, get a cup, and they will donate $10 to the NRA. They swooped in like a Red Tail Hawk!
Posted By: Bow hunter 91

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 04/26/18 02:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Bow hunter 91

Right now, Pelican is advertising buy a coller, get a cup, and they will donate $10 to the NRA. They swooped in like a Red Tail Hawk!

I may just buy a cooler, even though I don’t need one. Lol
Posted By: gwl2

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 10/08/18 10:11 PM

Sounds like pelican will get my money in the future
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 10/08/18 10:23 PM

Originally Posted By: gwl2
Sounds like pelican will get my money in the future

They got mine a few years ago. But, it was sacrilege to mention anything BUT Yeti on here a few years ago. roflmao rofl
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 10/17/18 08:07 PM

I've got a RITIC how do they swing?
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 10/18/18 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: snake oil
I've got a RITIC how do they swing?

Pro 2nd and NRA.... flag

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 10/18/18 01:03 PM

Old news and yeti is still killing it.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 10/18/18 03:06 PM

yep, I believe they just went public and opening more retail YETI stores.

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 10/18/18 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
yep, I believe they just went public and opening more retail YETI stores.

I'd like to sit in a $300 folding chair....
Posted By: Gravytrain

Re: Yeti drops nra! - 10/21/18 12:55 AM

If you buy yeti products, you probably can have body guards and security staff, so your all for gun control for the peasants anyway.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum