Texas Hunting Forum

Goodbye Bump Stocks

Posted By: hetman

Goodbye Bump Stocks - 10/05/17 08:55 PM

WASHINGTON (AP) - The National Rifle Association announced its support Thursday for regulating "bump stocks," devices that can effectively convert semi-automatic rifles into fully automated weapons and that were apparently used in the Las Vegas massacre to lethal effect. It was a surprising shift for the leading gun industry group, which in recent years has resolutely opposed any gun regulations. Immediately afterward the White House, too, said it was open to such a change. (link)

I actually met the CEO of slide fire in the parking lot of Brookshire's in Cisco last year. he was driving a 1 ton dually with the slid fire logo on the doors. Had seen the truck around cisco a few times. he invited me out to his business in Moran and said he would cut me a good deal on one, Guess I should have taken him up on it.

This will put a crimp in his business after the law passes.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 10/05/17 08:59 PM

Not sure I'd say goodbye just yet...they may just regulate them somehow. But they might ban them, just to early to tell what their going to do.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 10/05/17 09:02 PM

I hope they got something in exchange.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 10/05/17 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By: bigjoe8565

Like a big azz wall
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 10/05/17 09:05 PM

They are a very simple thing you could prob make one out of wood if you had a router and some other tools.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 10/05/17 09:07 PM

I live about 20 miles from Slide Fire. I don't know the owner but have a friend that does. The friend told me his first prototype was made with wood and pvc. Can also make one with a 3D printer I was told.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 10/05/17 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Like a big azz wall

I was thinking Hearing Protection Act, but I'd take the wall.
Posted By: txbigly

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 10/05/17 09:17 PM

Im pretty sure there gone and since they dont have SNs on them it will probably be a complete ban.
Posted By: DPirates80

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 10/05/17 09:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Stompy
I live about 20 miles from Slide Fire. I don't know the owner but have a friend that does. The friend told me his first prototype was made with wood and pvc. Can also make one with a 3D printer I was told.
Yeah, I figured it's probably not that hard to make DIY concept of one.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 10/05/17 10:36 PM

Its all stupid....bad guys are gonna be bad guys no matter what lawyers do.....
Posted By: wall8053

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 10/06/17 12:02 AM

Bump fire
Who needs a bump fire stock anyway?
Posted By: PKnTX

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 10/06/17 01:38 AM

Just a way to avoid a $200 stamp?
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 10/06/17 02:59 AM

Originally Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Like a big azz wall

I was thinking Hearing Protection Act, but I'd take the wall.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 10/06/17 03:07 AM

Originally Posted By: PKnTX

No. A TRUE full auto is very expensive in itself before the stamp if you are legal.. $200 is nothing, you can burn that in ammo within 60 seconds. This whole thing stinks. I'll just stop there.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 10/06/17 03:27 AM

Why would you want one anyway? They can't be accurate unless you are group shooting people.
Posted By: Greg

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 10/06/17 04:10 AM

You still have to pull the trigger once for each round right?
So many ignorant people... gonna turn it into a "fully automatic" gun. Nope... FA = 1 trigger pull multiple rounds fired.

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 10/06/17 01:01 PM

Originally Posted By: skinnerback

No. A TRUE full auto is very expensive in itself before the stamp if you are legal.. $200 is nothing, you can burn that in ammo within 60 seconds. This whole thing stinks. I'll just stop there.

So the need to acquirer the stamp itself is what is being avoided, not the cost.

Everyone understands that this doesn't make the firearm a TRUE auto.
But it does seem to circumvent the letter of the law.

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 10/06/17 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Greg
So many ignorant people... gonna turn it into a "fully automatic" gun. Nope... FA = 1 trigger pull multiple rounds fired.

Even ignorant people understand it doesn't turn a firearm fully automatic. But your
explanation seems disingenuous. It looks like the function of the stock does mean
you don't need to keep pulling the trigger to keep firing rounds.

I've never used one so if this is not true, technically or otherwise, please excuse.
Posted By: aeb

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 10/06/17 02:28 PM

Just out of curiosity, how long has it been since you have heard of someone receiving their order from Slide Fire? Something else is going on at the plant. They claim to have more orders than they can keep up with and are laying off people right and left?

I'm waiting for Paul Harvey's "Rest of the Story".
Posted By: Greg

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 10/06/17 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Greg

Even ignorant people understand it doesn't turn a firearm fully automatic. But your
explanation seems disingenuous. It looks like the function of the stock does mean
you don't need to keep pulling the trigger to keep firing rounds.

I've never used one so if this is not true, technically or otherwise, please excuse.

The stock just slides back and forth a little bit. It allows the recoil of one round to bump your finger into the trigger faster than you can squeeze it yourself. You are still depressing the trigger each time and only getting one round fired each time. It's still semi auto.
Posted By: Scary Poppins

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 10/06/17 06:58 PM

10/22 Gatling gun conversion kits are still legal. They make them for other stuff too...
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 10/06/17 09:38 PM

The whole law against bump stocks is a very very retarded thing to even talk about. More knee jerk reactions from retarded politicians.

You can accomplish the same thing with the belt loop on your pants as you can with a bump stock.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 10/10/17 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By: aeb
Just out of curiosity, how long has it been since you have heard of someone receiving their order from Slide Fire? Something else is going on at the plant. They claim to have more orders than they can keep up with and are laying off people right and left?

I'm waiting for Paul Harvey's "Rest of the Story".

How many people did the plant employ at its peak time? What % do you estimate have been released... I heard business had dropped and prices had declined before any of the Vegas event happened
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 10/10/17 01:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Thundervee
The whole law against bump stocks is a very very retarded thing to even talk about. More knee jerk reactions from retarded politicians.

You can accomplish the same thing with the belt loop on your pants as you can with a bump stock.

Nix that idea, over half of the people can't get to their belt loops...
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 10/11/17 07:27 AM

Originally Posted By: blackcoal

confused2 Can I get a belt loop sewn on my overalls??? Or since I only use the bottom side button can I just use my top button hole?
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 11/09/17 01:02 AM

Originally Posted By: pigplinker
Originally Posted By: blackcoal

confused2 Can I get a belt loop sewn on my overalls??? Or since I only use the bottom side button can I just use my top button hole?

Sad thing is... as soon as some idiot does use the belt loop idea to clear out a crowd, they won't be able to outlaw belt loops so semi-automatic weapons will be in danger of being regulated.
It is a slippery slope your start when you give in to media and political pressure.
Posted By: Trophytaker3

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 11/09/17 03:19 AM

Laws are for the Law ABIDING citizens when are the dems gonna get it through there brain that.. oh wait, they don't have a brain. That criminals DONT FOLLOW LAWS!
Posted By: mp88

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 12/05/17 02:11 PM

Be careful defining other peoples "needs."

The problem with regulating anything post-shooting indicates the device was responsible not the psychopath.

The people deserve any means to protect themselves.

Let's not forget the Paris night clubs, 100+ dead to select fire AKs in a country where private firearm ownership is essentially banned. The list goes on.

The only solution to madmen is for every single person to be armed and proficient. A loss of life will likely still occur even then, but the numbers will be drastically reduced, and hopefully these psycho's will be more encouraged to just drive off a bridge or something of the like.

I'll close with a quote:

“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

- Benjamin Franklin

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 12/05/17 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By: mp88
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

- Benjamin Franklin

cheers
Posted By: mikei

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 12/07/17 04:10 PM

And then there's this information to consider. A great shopping list for the "ban everything" folks out there:

Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 12/08/17 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: mikei
And then there's this information to consider. A great shopping list for the "ban everything" folks out there:

That is what bothers me about the gun control idiots. They champion themselves as caring about others, when in reality they just hate guns because they are scared of them. I'd have more respect for them if they just came out and admitted that instead of standing behind the lie of saving lives.

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 12/08/17 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: rexmitchell

That is what bothers me about the gun control idiots. They champion themselves as caring about others, when in reality they just hate guns because they are scared of them. I'd have more respect for them if they just came out and admitted that instead of standing behind the lie of saving lives.

No different than the "Black lives matter" BS movement....in reality the only black lives that matter are the ones that help advance their racist agenda.....
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 12/10/17 04:45 PM

Move had this argument many times. Alcohol kills 1000x more people every year than AR15s. If it was about saving lives we’d have banned alcohol long ago.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 12/10/17 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Tff caribou

Move had this argument many times. Alcohol kills 1000x more people every year than AR15s. If it was about saving lives we’d have banned alcohol long ago.

It's been done, and was a major failure. The banning of firearms would be an even larger failure. These idiots cannot get through their heads that the water has already fallen over the waterfall. Private gun ownership on this continent has existed for over 300 years.
Posted By: jeffbird

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 12/12/17 04:48 AM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG

It's been done, and was a major failure. The banning of firearms would be an even larger failure. These idiots cannot get through their heads that the water has already fallen over the waterfall. Private gun ownership on this continent has existed for over 300 years.

The goal of gun control is about not guns, but it is all about control.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 12/14/17 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: jeffbird

That's exactly right, but "they" are selling it as gun control. In reality it is people control.

Re: Goodbye Bump Stocks - 12/14/17 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: jeffbird

That's exactly right, but "they" are selling it as gun control. In reality it is people control.

B I N G O .......
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum