Texas Hunting Forum

hurricane gun

Posted By: hetman

hurricane gun - 09/08/17 11:52 AM

Floridians fleeing Hurricane Irma have been granted an additional means of protection. A 2015 Florida law known commonly as the “hurricane gun law” allows those taking part in a mandatory evacuation to carry a concealed firearm for 48 hours without a valid permit.
When Florida Governor Rick Scott signed the law in 2015, Unified Sportsmen of Florida’s Marion Hammer commented, “This bill is a no-brainer, particularly in Florida with our hurricane exposure. When you’re ordered to evacuate — to take your kids, your dog and valuables and flee — the last thing you should leave behind is your gun.”
Gov. Scott can also extend the timeline to allow evacuees to carry concealed for a greater amount of time. (link)
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: hurricane gun - 09/08/17 11:56 AM

up flag
Posted By: texretvet

Re: hurricane gun - 09/08/17 12:01 PM

It always makes me angry to hear about the government giving citizens the right to do something they already have been guaranteed the right to do.
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: hurricane gun - 09/19/17 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By: texretvet
It always makes me angry to hear about the government giving citizens the right to do something they already have been guaranteed the right to do.

Very well stated sir, and I wholeheartedly agree. cheers
Posted By: rdhibbs

Re: hurricane gun - 09/19/17 12:19 PM

Yes sir, However if you live in an aria that is prone to disaster (the reason for the law) why wouldn't having the regular permit be part of your emergency plans? With this you are only guaranteed 48 hours!! Then if you go out of state your tail is not covered then either.
Posted By: Gravytrain

Re: hurricane gun - 09/22/17 03:30 AM

Wow, a common sense law. Let's just go ahead and make it year round next time though.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum