Texas Hunting Forum

They are far from done......do not relax yet.

Posted By: Draco_Farms

They are far from done......do not relax yet. - 03/22/13 01:53 PM

Harry Reid To Introduce Gun Control Bill With Universal Background Checks
Posted: 03/21/2013 5:31 pm EDT | Updated: 03/21/2013 10:44 pm EDT

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/21/harry-reid-gun-control_n_2927098.

From the article:
"The bill I advance tonight will serve as the basis for opening debate. Once debate begins, I will ensure that a ban on assault weapons, limits to high-capacity magazines, and mental health provisions receive votes, along with other amendments," Reid said. "In his State of the Union address, President Obama called for all of these provisions to receive votes, and I will ensure that they do."
Posted By: zombiedrifter

Re: They are far from done......do not relax yet. - 03/22/13 02:00 PM

Never trust the Bolshevik media. They specialize in lies.
When will the media be declared an "Enemy of the State"?

Posted By: Chris/HOU

Re: They are far from done......do not relax yet. - 03/22/13 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: zombiedrifter
Never trust the Bolshevik media. They specialize in lies. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy5YuK_EkFg
When will the media be declared an "Enemy of the State"?

When the sheeple wake up.
Posted By: zombiedrifter

Re: They are far from done......do not relax yet. - 03/22/13 02:37 PM

Draco, HuffPo 404'd your link...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/21/harry-reid-gun-control_n_2927098.html
let me quote these scumbags...
"Later tonight, I will start the process of bringing a bill to reduce gun violence to the Senate floor," Reid said in a statement. "This bill will include the provisions on background checks, school safety and gun trafficking reported by the Judiciary Committee. I hope negotiations will continue over the upcoming break to reach a bipartisan compromise on background checks, and I am hopeful that they will succeed. If a compromise is reached, I am open to including it in the base bill. But I want to be clear: in order to be effective, any bill that passes the Senate must include background checks."

Somehow, we have to stop feeding this beast.
Posted By: TRIJI....WHAT

Re: They are far from done......do not relax yet. - 03/22/13 03:00 PM

Will never pass the House. Bet on that!
Posted By: HeidelbergJaeger

Re: They are far from done......do not relax yet. - 03/22/13 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: TRIJI....WHAT
Will never pass the House. Bet on that!

The fact is that a bill introduced by the Senate does not require a passing vote in the House to proceed for the signature of the President.

Reconciliation of the bill would allow the Senate to push through any bill (remember the Obama Care scenario) to the President after it has been through the House of Representatives.

The Congress changes the game at any time. Don't forget that the rules only apply to you and I.
Posted By: Lonestar1955

Re: They are far from done......do not relax yet. - 03/23/13 12:14 AM

they will shove through anything they want and make it look like something else. just like Obuma care. then we will see what it has in it. but it will be toooo frigging late.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum