Texas Hunting Forum

Utah Senate approves concealed carry without a license!

Posted By: Gravytrain

Utah Senate approves concealed carry without a license! - 03/15/13 03:57 PM

Quote:

By David Montero

| The Salt Lake Tribune
First Published Mar 13 2013 10:51 am • Last Updated Mar 13 2013 11:16 pm

The Utah Senate set up a showdown between Gov. Gary Herbert and the Legislature by passing a bill on Wednesday that would allow people to carry a concealed firearm without a permit.

HB76 has given Herbert some consternation and he’s seen pressure from a variety of groups to veto the measure — including from the League of Women Voters and a newly formed group called Utah Parents Against Gun Violence.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politics/55998233-90/bill-herbert-utah-gun.html.csp
Posted By: Aquaman

Re: Utah Senate approves concealed carry without a license! - 03/15/13 05:30 PM

Wow
Posted By: notamtchance

Re: Utah Senate approves concealed carry without a license! - 03/15/13 06:07 PM

Not sure I like that. Just make a chl have a cheap processing fee. With a back ground check. I 'm not sure I want everyone that owns a gun carrying. I think some safety net is a good thing. At the very least a gun safety class. Jmo.
Posted By: texretvet

Re: Utah Senate approves concealed carry without a license! - 03/17/13 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: notamtchance
Not sure I like that. Just make a chl have a cheap processing fee. With a back ground check. I 'm not sure I want everyone that owns a gun carrying. I think some safety net is a good thing. At the very least a gun safety class. Jmo.

Wow. This sounds an awful lot like a liberal argument. You either have the right to keep and bear arms, or you don't.

"Oh, you can have a gun, but you can't carry it or conceal it to protect yourself. Also, you have to pay money, have your privacy invaded and attend a class."

Hmmmmm, that sounds like infringement to me.
Posted By: IronSpikeLabs

Re: Utah Senate approves concealed carry without a license! - 03/17/13 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By: texretvet

Wow. This sounds an awful lot like a liberal argument. You either have the right to keep and bear arms, or you don't.

"Oh, you can have a gun, but you can't carry it or conceal it to protect yourself. Also, you have to pay money, have your privacy invaded and attend a class."

X2. If someone is talking in ANY way about the "terms" under which "they" will "allow" me to own, use or carry my gun, they are infringing and that's a 2A violation, IMO.
Posted By: Dragonuv

Re: Utah Senate approves concealed carry without a license! - 03/17/13 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By: IronSpikeLabs
Originally Posted By: texretvet

X2. If someone is talking in ANY way about the "terms" under which "they" will "allow" me to own, use or carry my gun, they are infringing and that's a 2A violation, IMO.

That's a good way to put it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum