Texas Hunting Forum

Colt Closes Plant

Posted By: dogcatcher

Colt Closes Plant - 03/15/13 01:56 PM

so the 400 employees could go to the state capitol and talk to their representatives.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/c...3399_story.html

Quote:
HARTFORD, Conn. — The president of one of the nation’s oldest gun manufacturers closed down his Connecticut factory Thursday morning and bused 400 of his workers to the state Capitol so they could personally urge lawmakers not to pass gun control legislation that they say could risk their livelihoods.

Dennis Veilleux, president of the Hartford-based Colt’s Manufacturing Co., said even though he has spoken with legislators and Gov. Dannel P. Malloy’s staff about his trepidations several times, he believes they don’t truly understand the financial ramifications of the legislation being proposed in the wake of the deadly Dec. 14 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.
Posted By: skeeter22

Re: Colt Closes Plant - 03/15/13 02:01 PM

Come on down to Texas.
Posted By: DCS

Re: Colt Closes Plant - 03/15/13 02:29 PM

Good deal, money and votes do the talking though they need to make it clear, they will do everything possible to see they are voted out come next election.
Posted By: DCS

Re: Colt Closes Plant - 03/15/13 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: skeeter22
Come on down to Texas.

I certainly do not have any issues with them moving their plant to Texas and I wouldn't blame them if they did, however they need to stand their ground and not let the idiots run them out of their homes. Vote their butts out of friggin office for crying out loud!
Posted By: Kung Fu Widgeon

Re: Colt Closes Plant - 03/15/13 03:19 PM

All these freedom hating liberals should have to go live in a country that has already made the mistakes that they are trying to make. I bet they beg to come back and change their opinion.
Posted By: Believer

Re: Colt Closes Plant - 03/16/13 03:37 AM

Originally Posted By: ElkSlayer
All these freedom hating liberals should have to go live in a country that has already made the mistakes that they are trying to make. I bet they beg to come back and change their opinion.

I am not sure that would be a accurate statement. Look at Chavez now that he is dead millions are mourning his passing. Some lepards will never change their spots.
Posted By: Chris/HOU

Re: Colt Closes Plant - 03/16/13 10:15 AM

Actual mourning or Kim Jong Il mourning?
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Colt Closes Plant - 03/16/13 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris/HOU
Actual mourning or Kim Jong Il mourning?
Good observation.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum