Texas Hunting Forum

The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country

Posted By: Hill Country Hunter

The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/15/13 01:34 AM

http://offgridsurvival.com/nationwide-ammo-shortages-the-ammo-is-gone/

Retailers Can’t Restock Ammunition Inventory

Bass Pro will not receive new .22lr ammo shipments for 3-4 months.

The same source informed me that most 9mm ammo is looking even worse. In fact, their popular Remington® UMC 9mm Mega Packs are on backorder until December 2013.
Posted By: Texsun

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/15/13 02:01 AM

And they said "get a 9, there will always be ammo".....lmao!
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/15/13 02:35 AM

Glad I made my purchases before the election.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/15/13 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Texsun

There will be at my house....Bought a long time ago.
Posted By: tth_40

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/15/13 05:03 AM

Originally Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Same here. cheers Started on .40 about 8 months ago as well just in case. Glad I did.
Posted By: bhunter

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/15/13 12:09 PM

mmmmmmmm I think they did the same thing with the Iphone and WII?????
Posted By: First_Chance

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/15/13 01:17 PM

I picked up 22lr, 9mm jhp, & .308 at Academy this morning... regular price.

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/15/13 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: tth_40

Same here. cheers Started on .40 about 8 months ago as well just in case. Glad I did.

I went to Academy this morning to pick up some fishing hooks so I could take my son fishing. There were about 10 people in front of me waiting for the doors to open. A guy walks up behind me and asks if this is the ammo line and I said I guess but I am just here for hooks. He and his wife go on to tell me how they have the system down and know when each store gets their shipments in. I decide to walk in the line to customer service to see what they had.

You should have seen the looks on all of these peoples faces when there was no ammo on the counter except for some 7.62x39 and about 5 boxes of .40. Priceless..... I just smiled and went over to the fishing tackle.
Posted By: GLC

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/15/13 08:30 PM

I know I am good for at least a year if not more.
Posted By: Humannpower

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/16/13 03:55 AM

Yeah unfortunately I started building my gun collection at the wrong time. My next purchase was going to be a .45 but looks like I will be out of luck on ammo even if I got one. Looks like I will have to go with plan B and get a shotgun since there is ammo for that.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/16/13 04:40 AM

Ive been building my gun collection as well. bought a .40 tonight. hope i can find 1000 rounds or so over the next couple months.
Posted By: notamtchance

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/16/13 05:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Savage 250
Ive been building my gun collection as well. bought a .40 tonight. hope i can find 1000 rounds or so over the next couple months.

Lol. Good luck at finding a 1000 rounds in a couple of months unless you are wanting just high dollar stuff, or paying the stupid inflated prices some people are trying to get for thiers.
Posted By: Aquaman

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/16/13 08:34 AM

Reloading is the way to go. If your patient and search you can find good deals

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/16/13 12:01 PM

I check all 3 academys near me almost everyday. Been looking for. 22 but they have 40 s&w about a third of the time. Shouldnt be too difficult to atleast find a few hundred rounds.
Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/16/13 01:10 PM

40 and 45 are available

22/9mm/308/223 not so much
Posted By: Jasb

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/16/13 06:06 PM

223 and 308 are almost always on the shelf here. 22 is about the only thing "hard" to find but it's on even that bad. I think the panic is about over.

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/16/13 06:18 PM

Academys around me have been getting 223 and 7.62x39 on every single truck it seems like.

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/17/13 02:54 AM

Damn wish I could get some...

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/17/13 01:09 PM

What are you looking for sig?

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/17/13 01:33 PM

Inventory
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/17/13 01:57 PM

There is no shortage but there is a problem. I'm just seeing this locally not sure what y'all are seeing but it seems there are some locals here who are buying as much ammunition as they can and then turning around and resaling it. Our local facebook trading page is full of jacked up ammo. I'm even hearing that some Walmart employee's are also involved in this. The ammo manufacturers are not cutting back if anything their increasing production but we now have some people wanting to play middle man in between retail and customers. What they are doing is illegal their not a business and their not reporting income. All I'll say to those doing it is if you want to face the ATF/IRS I'll be more than happy to fulfill your wishes, you are on my hit list.

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/17/13 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)
Inventory

LOL I have a lot but not quite that much.

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/17/13 02:29 PM

Yes sir. Hwyman I am doing it by the books, can't find inventory to restock the bare shelves.

I have not received 223/9mm/22LR at all since before Christmas from our wholesalers. Many small shops are in the same boat.

Last week I got hit with a $5 small order fee from a wholesaler I normally feed 10k a month to... because I needed some things but they have no ammo in stock (at least none in stock for the small dealers).

I understand some is showing up on some shelves, hope it trickles down to us soon.
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/17/13 02:39 PM

Quote:
Yes sir. Hwyman I am doing it by the books, can't find inventory to restock the bare shelves.

And you suffer as much as we do, the big companies that place big orders get the first nod, you and other legitimate independents with your smaller orders get the scraps. It's not going unnoticed I'm doing my part and I hope some feel the wrath.
Posted By: texretvet

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/17/13 05:14 PM

I was in Minnesota for the past week. The ammo shelves looked just like the ones here.

So did the ones in Iowa and Kansas.
Posted By: IronSpikeLabs

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/17/13 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Jasb
223 and 308 are almost always on the shelf here. 22 is about the only thing "hard" to find but it's on even that bad. I think the panic is about over.

Really? I need to go there. Not finding .223 here.
Posted By: IronSpikeLabs

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/17/13 07:52 PM

Same for my 9 and various others. Wish I'd started sooner for the AR.
Posted By: BBD84

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/18/13 08:49 PM

Oklahoma and Louisiana are the same. Swung by carters and academy Tuesday and picked up a few 100 rounds of 9mm and a glock 17. Had to go in and out twice of academy but they had some 50rnd boxes and carters had about 60 boxes of the 100 round value packs. Limit one per visit so i visited twice lol. Then proceeded to burn through 250 rounds in the new glock. Good thing im stocked up already but will continue to buy when i see it at regular pricez.
Posted By: Dalton1993

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/19/13 12:58 AM

I was in Florida all last week for spring break, same deal there. Everywhere I went the shelves were bare.
Posted By: phat694

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/19/13 05:06 AM

+1 and +1.... up
Posted By: tth_40

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/19/13 04:39 PM

Just got back from a weekend trip to Missouri, shelves are just as bare there. Same for Oklahoma.
Posted By: Dave B

Re: The Ammo Shortage/Panic has dried up supplies around the country - 03/20/13 11:47 PM

I went to Academy this morning to pick up some fishing hooks so I could take my son fishing. There were about 10 people in front of me waiting for the doors to open. A guy walks up behind me and asks if this is the ammo line and I said I guess but I am just here for hooks. He and his wife go on to tell me how they have the system down and know when each store gets their shipments in. I decide to walk in the line to customer service to see what they had.

You should have seen the looks on all of these peoples faces when there was no ammo on the counter except for some 7.62x39 and about 5 boxes of .40. Priceless..... I just smiled and went over to the fishing tackle.

Funny to see the lines out the door every Monday morning at Academy. Don't always trust they get their shipments Sunday night for sale Monday morning. Sometimes it happen on Saturday nights. Went to my Academy 3 weeks ago to pick up fishing supplies when the doors opened at 0900. Walk in the door and on the counter is 2-1400 rd buckets of 22 lr and 4 ammo cans of 500 rds of 5.56. Got a bucket of 22lr for 60 bucks and the can of 5.56 for 200 bucks. Couldn't get my wife to the store fast enough to purchase 1 of each as well before the word got out somehow and they were gone. hammer
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum