Texas Hunting Forum

Day of Resistance

Posted By: Etex

Day of Resistance - 02/23/13 01:38 AM

Is anyone attending a Day of Resistance Rally tomorrow
Posted By: IronSpikeLabs

Re: Day of Resistance - 02/23/13 03:01 AM

We've got a tri-county "planning meeting" in our area as well as a Tea Party led rally.
Posted By: Octopiston

Re: Day of Resistance - 02/23/13 04:47 AM

I'm On the fence about it. The nearest location is in Dallas. i lost interest when they chose a park as the location. It'll be easy for the media to ignore. If you want to make an impact (you know RESIST) you kind of need to be visible in my opinion. I can protest in my backyard and get ignored just as well. It sounds more like a picnic than a resistance.
Then I checked out their page on Facebook. There were idiots wanting to open carry their pistols in a public park and some wanting to conceal w/out a CHL. Some people mentioned carrying rifles. While the could be legal and I'd love to join in, how do I know they other guy isn't one of those guys that has a round in the chamber and doesn't know it? There is always one idiot (already demostrated by wanting to open carry a pistol) and that's all it'll take to ruin someone's day if not life.
Posted By: psycho0819

Re: Day of Resistance - 02/24/13 02:47 AM

If anyone wants to really send a message, I know how to do it.

Every working republican/conservative American needs to take a minimum one week off work, all at the same time. Action like that would send ripples throughout the country at every level. Small gatherings do little more than sooth our own sense of obligation to do something, anything, and do not work to change anyone's mind. Let the rest of the country see just how much we contribute to society as a whole. When that contribution is temporarily suspended, an awakening just might occur (in some). The media couldn't, wouldn't be able to, ignore it. And the empty suits running the show would have to acknowledge it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum