Texas Hunting Forum

Fort Worth Democrats are at it

Posted By: BAT GUN

Fort Worth Democrats are at it - 02/20/13 01:17 AM

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/02/19/texas-democrats-push-for-local-gun-show-regulation/
Posted By: DCS

Re: Fort Worth Democrats are at it - 02/20/13 03:05 AM

You Dallas boys need to "nip this in the bud"! Where ever there is a public hearing, you guys need to show up in force and stop this before it even gets started. Would be a great time for a THF GTG afterwards.
Posted By: Magicglock

Re: Fort Worth Democrats are at it - 02/20/13 03:33 AM

More "Common Non-Sense" garbage from the Democrackheads. Maybe if they spent half as much time figuring out how to solve teen suicide or drunk driving they would actually save lives.
Posted By: tth_40

Re: Fort Worth Democrats are at it - 02/20/13 03:47 AM

It doesn't seem to matter where these folks are from, the same idiotic idealism shines through.

They want to punish and criminalize law abiding citizens for the actions of criminals. All to appear that someone is "doing something".

(quote)Maxwell countered the argument about there being a need for regulation and said statistics suggest someone needs to take action. “I looked up some statics on this… in 2010 there were 63 violent homicides in the city of Fort Worth and the vast majority of those involved firearms, and the majority of them involved the deaths of young people under 25 years of age. I’m tired of not doing anything about that.”(quote)

I wonder what "the vast majority of those involved firearms" figure is.

This Tarrant County Democratic Party Chairman Steve Maxwell guy is a grandstanding blowhard.
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: Fort Worth Democrats are at it - 02/20/13 12:07 PM

Who is he? Is he an elected official or is he jus the head of the democrap party in Tarrant county?

He needs to be out.
Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: Fort Worth Democrats are at it - 02/20/13 02:28 PM

Quit comparing cars to guns. Cars are not a guaranteed protection under the Bill of Rights.
Posted By: IronSpikeLabs

Re: Fort Worth Democrats are at it - 02/20/13 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Dry Fire
Quit comparing cars to guns. Cars are not a guaranteed protection under the Bill of Rights.

up
Posted By: krhoads

Re: Fort Worth Democrats are at it - 02/20/13 06:53 PM

Actually you would be prone to pointing that out. Motor vehicles were not in the constitution as a right, nor was transportation of any kind mentioned. However there are more deaths caused by these items that do not have any constitutional guarantees that they refuse to regulate to save the children than firearms, of which we do have a constitutional right to possess. In short it is comparing two different items, but they are different and one is not a right and seems to be getting ignored.
Posted By: Octopiston

Re: Fort Worth Democrats are at it - 02/21/13 02:21 AM

How do these fools think they can regulate private sales when the law can't even stop illegal drug sales or renting hookers?
Posted By: Ron H

Re: Fort Worth Democrats are at it - 02/21/13 03:30 PM

I found this hard to believe, that there are democrats in Tarrant County.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Fort Worth Democrats are at it - 02/21/13 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: tth_40
It doesn't seem to matter where these folks are from, the same idiotic idealism shines through.

They want to punish and criminalize law abiding citizens for the actions of criminals. All to appear that someone is "doing something".

(quote)Maxwell countered the argument about there being a need for regulation and said statistics suggest someone needs to take action. “I looked up some statics on this… in 2010 there were 63 violent homicides in the city of Fort Worth and the vast majority of those involved firearms, and the majority of them involved the deaths of young people under 25 years of age. I’m tired of not doing anything about that.”(quote)

I wonder what "the vast majority of those involved firearms" figure is.

This Tarrant County Democratic Party Chairman Steve Maxwell guy is a grandstanding blowhard.

...and when is a homicide not violent?
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Fort Worth Democrats are at it - 02/21/13 03:42 PM

This.
Posted By: DSessom

Re: Fort Worth Democrats are at it - 02/21/13 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Ron H

Bwahahaha!!! Democrats are mostly in the "urban" areas; Dallas, Houston, and especially Austin!
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Fort Worth Democrats are at it - 02/21/13 04:10 PM

It seems the Dumbocrats have their marching orders to create havoc every where. Any body who thinks they are going to let up better pull their head out of the sand. This is not going away anytime soon if ever.
Posted By: haucke

Re: Fort Worth Democrats are at it - 02/21/13 09:40 PM

Ok wait a second...
"Take away the rights of felons and domestic abusers and people who have mental illness, take their rights away." Did he seriously just say that? It is already illegal for them to possess a firearm! I wonder if they even hear what is coming out of their own mouths.
Posted By: notamtchance

Re: Fort Worth Democrats are at it - 02/21/13 11:50 PM

Originally Posted By: haucke
Ok wait a second...
"Take away the rights of felons and domestic abusers and people who have mental illness, take their rights away." Did he seriously just say that? It is already illegal for them to possess a firearm! I wonder if they even hear what is coming out of their own mouths.

I was wondering if anyone else es going to catch that. They try to mislead the general public, so they can get what they want.
Posted By: Dragonuv

Re: Fort Worth Democrats are at it - 02/22/13 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: notamtchance
Originally Posted By: haucke
Ok wait a second...

I was wondering if anyone else es going to catch that. They try to mislead the general public, so they can get what they want.

The Democrats motto:
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t.
Posted By: Aquaman

Re: Fort Worth Democrats are at it - 02/25/13 12:53 PM

Agenda at its finest....
Posted By: krhoads

Re: Fort Worth Democrats are at it - 02/25/13 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Ron H
Must be spill over from Dallas... Remember the worst thing we can do is ignore this. It won't go away.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum