Texas Hunting Forum

Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales

Posted By: tbones54

Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 06:05 PM

“As of right now WalMart is not going to be making any new orders of ammo because of the upcoming decision on the Second Amendment. As of right now we are unsure of what new legislation might be coming, and because of this, we are suspending new orders.

“We will continue to sell what is already in stock in stores and at our distribution centers, but any new orders will not be shipped until the issue is resolved.”

Copied this off the internet , heres the num to call the corp. headquarteres 1-800-925-6278
Posted By: bjones2571

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 06:10 PM

What exactly are you selling?

And which part of the internet did you copy this off of?
Posted By: GLC

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 06:13 PM

Looks like it is just a "heads up"

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 06:13 PM

Im not saleing anything, I heard it on the radio from Rush Limbough then I googled it and that came up
Yes more of a heads up but at my Wal Mart and many others I went to they have very little ammo
Posted By: webstertroy

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 06:14 PM

I posed this on this yesterday.. I talked to store manager in Irving...
Posted By: ProHunter2

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 06:15 PM

This is crazy!!! Just because of a couple idiots it messed up things for all of us!!! I do believe they should make it harder to get certain guns but ammo, etc is crazy!!!!!

Thanks for the info!!!!!

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 06:17 PM

Sorry I didnt see it yesterday Webstertroy, Im going to call the Corp Headquarters and complain
Posted By: webstertroy

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 06:19 PM

I am also
Posted By: STXHO

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 06:19 PM

I checked 3 different wal marts in my area for ammo. All 3 are completely wiped out. Sad that the crazy people in America are causing all this and Barack is as unamerican as you can be by trying to ban certain weapons.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 06:27 PM

Don't complain about the decision Wal Mart has made. STOP SHOPPING there! My wife and I spend will not another dime in Wal Mart until they come to their senses. If every legal gun owner would refused to shop at Wal Mart over their stupid decision, I promise they would reverse course in a matter of weeks. Remember, it's all about money for these retailers and they'll come to their senses if you hit their earnings hard.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 06:30 PM

They also decided not to call "Christmas" Christmas one year.
Posted By: SR025

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By: bigjoe8565
Don't complain about the decision Wal Mart has made. STOP SHOPPING there! My wife and I spend will not another dime in Wal Mart until they come to their senses. If every legal gun owner would refused to shop at Wal Mart over their stupid decision, I promise they would reverse course in a matter of weeks. Remember, it's all about money for these retailers and they'll come to their senses if you hit their earnings hard.

I haven't bought anything from walmart in a long time but I'm sure they don't miss me. It would take millions of people to stop going there before they even noticed.

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 06:34 PM

Don't complain about the decision Wal Mart has made. STOP SHOPPING there! My wife and I spend will not another dime in Wal Mart until they come to their senses. If every legal gun owner would refused to shop at Wal Mart over their stupid decision, I promise they would reverse course in a matter of weeks. Remember, it's all about money for these retailers and they'll come to their senses if you hit their
earnings hard.

I agree bigjoe
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 06:35 PM

Heres the story that started this.

BREAKING & CONFIRMED: Wal Mart Is NOT Going To Order Any More Ammo

"Stopped by my local Wal Mart this morning. They are out of almost every kind of ammo.
I asked to talk to the person in charge of ordering to see if they had any information on this subject.
The manager I talked to said they had not heard anything…BUT.
She tried to order some .223 as I was standing there. She said the order was being rejected by the corporate office. Said she had never had that happen.

She called corporate as I was standing there.
And was told this. “As of right now Wal Mart is not going to be making any new orders of ammo because of the upcoming decision on the second amendment”. Said, “As of right now we are unsure of what new legislation might be coming, and because of this, we are suspending new orders. We will continue to sell what is already in stock in stores and at our distribution centers, but any new orders will not be shipped until the issue is resolved”."

In talking to the local management their calling it a hoax. They said all inventory needs are software generated, they do not call in orders.

I don’t believe anything about this story.

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: SR025

I haven't bought anything from walmart in a long time but I'm sure they don't miss me. It would take millions of people to stop going there before they even noticed.

You're spot on about taking millions of people before the notice, but last numbers I heard was the NRA was 4.5 million people strong. One would hope the NRA would make a push to start punishing these retailers with boycotts.

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 06:37 PM

Another comment from a Walmart employee.

"You are absolutely right! Everything on the shelves is scanned into their computers and when it is scanned at check out it is recorded and reordered, if stock is getting low, and the corporate office decides to continue selling the product it will be reordered. It is a little more complicated than what I just described but no employee at a Wal-Mart store can just pick up a phone and place an order. Heck even the Temperatures of their coolers and freezers are monitored and controlled by their corporate offices."

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 06:40 PM

I can second the orders being rejected part. I was talking to the sporting goods manager at a local Wal Mart and he said the same thing. He told me they still get ammo in daily but they only get what the distributor sends them. They cant actually pick what they want right now.

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 06:40 PM

Another comment.

"All merchandise is replenished automatically based on demand and current inventory levels in their inventory management system directly to their vendors.

The very notion of a sales clerk lifting the receiver for that purpose is laughable."
Posted By: SR025

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By: SR025

You're spot on about taking millions of people before the notice, but last numbers I heard was the NRA was 4.5 million people strong. One would hope the NRA would make a push to start punishing these retailers with boycotts.

Now that would get their attention up
Posted By: gaharris

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 06:53 PM

I agree with one of the previous statements....quit shopping at Walmart!
I think every hunter, shooter and for sure every THF member should boycot Walmart for everything.
I realize that collectively we may be a pimple on an elphants rear but if everybody takes the attitude that their vote means nothing, then it will.
You have a choice and a voice, excercise it as best you can.
As was previously stated Money talks.

I also think every hunter/shooter should support the NRA or SCI or any other organization trying to protect the 2nd Ammendement

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 07:12 PM

You know the old saying "money talks and BS walks". We shouldn't let the retailers treat us law abiding citizens like $£@T without making them hurt financially.

I this is true, each one of us should take a stand and stop giving them our money. I've read for weeks on this forum just how passionate everyone feels about our Right to Bear Arms and willingness to fight. If what everyone has said is really true, then take a stand! Will it be inconvenient to not shop at Wal Mart, will your wife be unhappy and will it cost more to shop somewhere else? The answer to all of these questions is probably YES, but so what.

Like I said, retailers are about making money and boycotting these stores is the most effective we can fight.
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 07:16 PM

nothing about this story is true. nice job feeding the hysteria

(I pulled this from the internet)

(and by internet I mean outta my [censored])

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Hayraker

If you read my post a little more careful I said "If this is true". No hysteria on my part, I'm just voicing my opinion of what each of us should do it the story were true.
Posted By: Lochsley123

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 07:26 PM

confused2

http://www.libertynews.com/2013/01/wal-m...on-gun-control/

This looks like the Internet to me....
Posted By: Squatch

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 07:28 PM

Boycott Walmart!!!
Posted By: capreppy

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 08:04 PM

Entirely too idealistic. I would love to say I won't buy from Walmart, but MY pocket book will suffer because I have to spend 20% more from Albertson's or spend a little bit more for terrible product options at Aldi. Thanks, but no thanks.

The reality is that Walmart is a business. They can sell what they want to sell and if you want something they don't sell, you go elsewhere. The vast majority of the items I want on a daily basis is at Walmart and IS cheaper than everyone around me (Albertson's, Target, or Aldi).
Posted By: tth_40

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 08:19 PM

Meh, they don't have any ammo anyway.

Handload and save.
Posted By: Stoney

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 08:25 PM

I called the "real" corporate office number 479 273 4000 and talked to a live person. Due to the high volume of calls on the issue they try and route you to a website to air your complaint. Pretty easy way out.

At any rate, I honestly was going to buy a new flat screen from today and a few things from Sams. I realize I am just one small guy but screw them, I will go elsewhere for the TV and as my Sam's club membership needs renewed I will go to Costco. This is getting ridiculous

Somewhere Sam Walton is spinning in his grave.

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Lochsley123

confused2

Quote:
According to the Investment Watch blog, WalMart Corporation will no longer place new ammunition orders pending “the upcoming decision on the Second Amendment.”

read that investment watch blog, they cite no source

everyone is reporting on what some dude wrote in a blog

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 08:27 PM

it may be true, but to report on what some blog writer says who admits he can not back it up with any sources is silly.

silly for the news sites, not the OP

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 08:28 PM

confused2

Quote:
According to the Investment Watch blog, WalMart Corporation will no longer place new ammunition orders pending “the upcoming decision on the Second Amendment.”

read that investment watch blog, they cite no source

everyone is reporting on what some dude wrote in a blog

Then I wonder why their corporate personnel will not deny it? Smoke/fire

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 08:31 PM

people answering the phones lose their jobs if they decide to speak for the company

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 08:36 PM

people answering the phones lose their jobs if they decide to speak for the company

Then how would you explain this? It's not faked I don't think, it's the same prompts I got.

http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/16942146/WalMart_Federal_Gun_Control
Posted By: Lochsley123

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 08:41 PM

Do you mean to tell me that everything you read online is not true confused2

rofl

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 08:51 PM

rofl

Uhh, bonjour
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 08:52 PM

I rarely do things like this and as convienent as Walmart is for me, I agree I'm not going to buy anything from Walmart until they reverse this.

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 09:54 PM

confused2

And my link is the story your link was based on and it's bogus.
Posted By: tth_40

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Stoney

rofl

Uhh, bonjour
rofl

I see what ya did there.
Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 10:08 PM

So let me get this straight... yall want to boycott these guys because they are making a business decision to hold off on buying ammo because they do not want to be stuck with a bunch of stock left over when obama bans it or makes it very difficult to sell?

I dont know what walmart does, but I can promise you they are doing this to help make sure they make money... has nothing to do with not wanting to sell ammo.

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Brandon A
So let me get this straight... yall want to boycott these guys because they are making a business decision to hold off on buying ammo because they do not want to be stuck with a bunch of stock left over when obama bans it or makes it very difficult to sell?

I dont know what walmart does, but I can promise you they are doing this to help make sure they make money... has nothing to do with not wanting to sell ammo.

I bought 2 box's of 45 Long Colts and two boxs of 22 Mags, they didn't have any 223's or 308's on the shelf but he said they'd be in by Wednesday.

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 11:29 PM

So do they believe O is going to ban ALL ammo? Ammo has not even been mentioned hardly, it's been clips(magazines to anybody with a brain), AW's and grenade launchers.

They are knee jerking
Posted By: psychsurf

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/14/13 11:41 PM

I'm not buying this at all. This sounds like a viral internet rumor perpetuated by a bunch of frustrated and frightened gun owners looking for an explanation for walmart's empty shelves.

I was in walmart getting ammo about two weeks ago, had a very similar conversation with the clerk there, except it was minus the paranoia. What she told me was they weren't being able to order what they want because the distributors up the chain were all backed up. The mothership was getting everything they could get their hands on and parceling it out to the different stores as best they could.

Before we all panic, has this story been corroborated by any WM higher-ups? Has it been covered by any major news organizations?

Take a deep breath. It's going to be ok.

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/15/13 12:14 AM

I will say they had a whole shelf full of 45 GAP ammo!
Posted By: KC

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/15/13 01:57 AM

My local Walmart had signs on the gun case saying

"We have no 223, 9mm, 22LR, or AR15 Type Weapons and due to circumstances beyond our control cannot forecast when these items will be available again"

Said nothing of not being ordered, still had some .40, .17HMR, and plenty of shotgun ammo.
Posted By: HATaylor

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/15/13 02:24 AM

http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/walmart-responds-to-suspended-ammo-story/?cat_orig=money
Posted By: Walt Kowalski

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/15/13 02:50 AM

Maybe Walmart should be calling the White House and Congress and screaming their lungs out at them about the nonsense legislation they are considering.

You think that's happening? Nah...me neither.
Posted By: Grendel 6.5

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/15/13 03:57 AM

If this is true it won't be out of moral obligation it is out of fear of getting stuck with inventory if an EO is issued. Makes you wonder what was said at that meeting last week with Gomer Biden...
Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/15/13 02:00 PM

So walmart is announcing that they will offer any open positions to Veterans that have left the service in the past year....yall still want to boycott them?

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/15/13 02:26 PM

don't confuse these guys with real info
Posted By: 100%TEXAN

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/15/13 04:49 PM

Went to walmart this morning. Plenty of 308, 7.62x39, 9mm, 40 cal. N0 .22 or .223. I asked the lady in the bsck about the rumor. Take it for whats its worth but she was told Walmart is trying to be pushed out of the ammo and gun business. She didnt say by who but I guess you can use your imagination. I know this is just another rumor but it is what it is.

They have also implemented a 3 box maximun per upc.
Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/15/13 04:52 PM

Doesnt matter if it is untrue. I dont spend my hard earned money there. Their customer service is lacking. Their knowledge is even worse and their product is even worse than that. WM has went down hill over the last ten years or so. Cant stand the place and will not go there.

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/15/13 04:52 PM

Still not much at my Wally Mart. Did see a couple of boxes of 7.62x39 (those lasted about 5 minutes) and about 4 or 5 boxes of Tula 9mm (those were still there when I left).

Still no limit at my Wally Mart.
Posted By: TF Panther

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/15/13 07:12 PM

The thing to really consider is they announced this just days after they had a meeting with the VP and his board of misfits. Me thinks they were either threatened from anything with audits to new taxes or........ warned........Time will tell.
Posted By: wacorusty

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/15/13 07:17 PM

threatened with union thugs...

I just read an article that the anti's are protesting at a Wal Mart that doesn't even sell guns
Posted By: tim_2251

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/15/13 11:30 PM

I just left Walmart the guy at sporting goods told me that they would not be getting anymore ammo or guns for now.
Posted By: Friction

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/15/13 11:43 PM

Same story, I was told the press release was carefully worded to deny something they are doing. They sporting goods person told me call the 800 custumer service because they will listen.
Posted By: janie

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/16/13 01:34 AM

Bill stopped at our local WalMart on his way home this evening. Had a great conversation with one of the long term employee's.

He pretty much confirmed the reason behind the bare ammo shelves.

WalMart's CEO is siding with Obama. Unless something drastic happens, you will no longer see anymore ammo inside of a WalMart.
Posted By: 2Redd

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/16/13 01:58 AM

I Hadn’t been to A china-mart since about 94 or 5 until today . I went for the sole purpose of finding out what all the ruckus was .

I went to the sporting goods they still had "hunting" rifles on display I asked for a bulk(100count) box of 38sp because the spot was empty. the guy pointed the little scan gun thingy and it read none in stock,none in the wear house,none on order . He done others that were not on the shelf such as 9mm 44mag 45acp 22 bulk Winchester it also read the same thing.

you call it what you want but I stood in the pit of he77 feelin like a traitor and seen the scan thing for myself for what it's worth . I'm just another American not affiliated with any news paper,blog or Gov. agency just a couple forums lookin for what I could find out for myself and now shared the finding with anyone that reads this.

The mom and pop farmstore I actually spend $ with had 2 pallets of ammo sittin in the floor to be stocked .I didn’t check what it was I'm pretty boyscout for now just needed biscuits for the dogs .
Posted By: psychsurf

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/16/13 03:20 AM

Anyone know where the mom and pop farmstores are around me?
Posted By: Ryan81

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/16/13 04:19 AM

I heard this today as well. Went in to check on the 223. There was none. I saw a few boxes of 9mm. Two 50 round boxes, and then some HD rounds in boxes of 20.

I was told they won't be getting anymore ammo in stock temporarily and that once they sell off everything on the shelves that was it.
Posted By: Walt Kowalski

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/16/13 04:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Ryan81
I heard this today as well. Went in to check on the 223. There was none. I saw a few boxes of 9mm. Two 50 round boxes, and then some HD rounds in boxes of 20.

I was told they won't be getting anymore ammo in stock temporarily and that once they sell off everything on the shelves that was it.

Looks like I no longer have a reason to shop at Walmart. I'm going to be sure to let them know.

You can't tell me that if every gun owner took a similar position, it would not affect their business.

The lines are being drawn, and we're seeing who comes down on which side of the line. My money will go to stores that support our 2nd amendment rights....not to prostitute-whore stores that grovel at the altar of Obama.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/16/13 05:14 AM

Don't complain about the decision Wal Mart has made. STOP SHOPPING there!

I stopped years ago and have encouraged everybody I can to do the same. Not just because of anything firearms related but that adds ammo to position.

-Mickey
Posted By: Enter Standman

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/16/13 11:30 AM

HEADLINE:

Enter Standman has suspended all purchases from Bentonville based Wal-Mart pending said management pulling their heads outof there asses.
Posted By: Friction

Re: Wal Mart to suspend ammo sales - 01/16/13 01:55 PM

I havent called the 800 phone and I should, the salesperson said Walmart fears customers more than the president. If anyone is going to boycott Walmart then pls call them and let them know why you're doing it. You might receive a quicker resolution to the concern.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum